Texas hiring Chris Beard | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Texas hiring Chris Beard

I think I read somewhere that Shaka is originally from Wisconsin. So being closer to family had to be a big factor as well.
Shaka was down to the last two years of his contract. My guess is he already knew an extension wasn’t coming after this year. He is losing a bunch of his good players after this season so there was a high probability of not making the dance next year. I think he read the tea leaves and didn’t want to be a lame duck and said peace out when a home town school like Marquette came calling.

Also, and I’ve made this point in other threads, Texas is racist as fcuk and austin isn’t much better if you read the stuff from boosters about the eyes of Texas. I question whether I want to live here on a near weekly basis and I don’t represent one of the iconic brands in the state.

ginger tea GIF

Oats would leave Alabama but I doubt for Texas.
They are both football schools and the SEC is easier to win in for hoops than Big XII.

I think Oats has UNC written on him if they go outside of the Carolina family.

Beard is the first pick but we will see if he wants it.
From knowing many people very established in the Rams Club, I would be floored if they hired from outside the UNC family tree. And if they did, I doubt Oats would be under consideration. This is a top 3 job.

What ever happened to coaches fighting through adversity and sticking out their scholarsh.. I mean contracts. It’s just free agency out there for them.

The coaching housing at Texas really put them over the top

From knowing many people very established in the Rams Club, I would be floored if they hired from outside the UNC family tree. And if they did, I doubt Oats would be under consideration. This is a top 3 job.
This will be a really interesting search. The staff they have now has not been killing it, these last couple years have been rough by UNC standards. Do they really want to hire one of those guys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom