Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

that was slightly different in that it was known for years we were looking to move to the acc
But why did you leave? Was it for money or security, or boredom? It is no different then what ND does. You are looking out for your self-interest, as you should. Just like if you were an ND fan you would defend the reasoning we do what we do. Our actions are not done because of greed. If we went in full to the Big 10 we would likely be the number one revenue school in the nation. But some things matter more.

Even though we are in Central NY we have plenty of cache in the New York TV market. That alone will give us a place at the table somewhere when all is said and done. I don’t think any current P5 team will be left out honestly, just a question of how many conferences will there be, 4 or 3.

But why did you leave? Was it for money or security, or boredom? It is no different then what ND does. You are looking out for your self-interest, as you should. Just like if you were an ND fan you would defend the reasoning we do what we do. Our actions are not done because of greed. If we went in full to the Big 10 we would likely be the number one revenue school in the nation. But some things matter more.
the league was no longer the bigeast at the point we left

every school has to look out for there best interest at this point

SO? You did not have to leave. You could have pushed for additions to save it. You left because there was a lifeline presented to you and you took it.
no thanks.. no additions were there to save it it . more like after politics blocked us in 03 so when the knock was at the door we had to take it

Even though we are in Central NY we have plenty of cache in the New York TV market. That alone will give us a place at the table somewhere when all is said and done. I don’t think any current P5 team will be left out honestly, just a question of how many conferences will there be, 4 or 3.
We also maintain staffing levels at these media companies who write these gigantic checks for conferences. I wouldn’t discount that fact either.

Syracuse matters

no thanks.. no additions were there to save it it . more like after politics blocked us in 03 so when the knock was at the door we had to take it
Do you get what I am saying? You complain ND is looking out for themselves and your own university does the same thing. If you wanted to do the noble thing you should have given your ACC spot to CIncy.

Do you get what I am saying? You complain ND is looking out for themselves and your own university does the same thing. If you wanted to do the noble thing you should have given your ACC spot to CIncy.
i havent complained about nd looking out for its own interest

ND is why college football is great. Let ND be ND. We tend to get into these brush fires on the past.
ND is the team you want to play yearly. It’s a special place and a school that hasn’t sold out for the last dime ironically. May not fit into your desired hopes but they sure seem ok as of right now
It’s not 1960s anymore.
No thanks.
Playing ND is no different than playing Penn State or USC which we have done recently in the nonconference.

Fair enough, but reading post about how greedy and immoral ND is because they won't do what outside fanbases want us to is just exhausting and not true in reality. JUst want people is observe their own schools greed and self-preservation also.

Fair enough, but reading post about how greedy and immoral ND is because they won't do what outside fanbases want us to is just exhausting and not true in reality. JUst want people is observe their own schools greed and self-preservation also.
ND does what is in the best interest. Of course they should it doesn’t mean their bullchit can’t be called out.

I want ND to go to the Big Ten. They deserve to be stuck there.
You don’t want in the ACC is fine it’s your choice but go to the Big Ten then. Delaney is gone so he won’t get the credit.

ND does what is in the best interest. Of course they should it doesn’t mean their bullchit can’t be called out.

I want ND to go to the Big Ten. They deserve to be stuck there.
You don’t want in the ACC is fine it’s your choice but go to the Big Ten then. Delaney is gone so he won’t get the credit.
What bullchit? Not succumbing to your desires for them? That is not our job. We signed a contract, and likely will fulfill it. You have no right to expect more from us, your school willingly signed the deal and were not forced. Not our fault if there is that little dream in the back of the mind saying maybe they will rescue us if crap hits the fan. Not our job.

SO? You did not have to leave. You could have pushed for additions to save it. You left because there was a lifeline presented to you and you took it, while other schools were left behind. Was that wrong? Should you have stayed to not screw the rest of the conference?
No thanks to ND for trying to help the BE FB schools.
ND said they would try to help the BE football schools but never did anything because it wasn’t on paper. Some partner.

SU can’t screw the BE but ND can.
Why didn't ND stay with BE basketball catholic schools:

What bullchit? Not succumbing to your desires for them? That is not our job. We signed a contract, and likely will fulfill it. You have no right to expect more from us, your school willingly signed the deal and were not forced. Not our fault if there is that little dream in the back of the mind saying maybe they will rescue us if crap hits the fan. Not our job.
This is why I hope you guy enjoy the Big Ten when we are regulated down.

Can’t wait for it.

What Christian principle are we neglecting? We're not greedy, we could get more money in a conference if we joined. We are fulfilling our requirements to the ACC. In the Big East there was no contractual tie to force us to play teams.

No, but if it was all about greed and money for ND we would join the SEC or Big 10. But we didn't, we went into a partnership with the ACC.

Partnership, contract, whatever. Not to worry, as even if contractually bound, the holier than thou institution would simply file for a Declaration of Nullity.

SO? You did not have to leave. You could have pushed for additions to save it. You left because there was a lifeline presented to you and you took it, while other schools were left behind. Was that wrong? Should you have stayed to not screw the rest of the conference?

There’s a tipping point of financial dismissing returns. We were no were near that when we left what was left of the Big East.

End of the day there are still only eleven teenagers on the field for football. After a certain amount of money whatever. Some of these posts just fly in the face of geography and fan interest.

If I’m ole miss or miss st, I’m thinking long and hard about this one. The contract they have now already gives them more money than they’ll need, more money is always nice, but it won’t really change their situations.

But if OU and UT come on board, those schools are pushed essentially to being irrelevant. They will never win in a division with OU and UT in it, and they’ll probably never even finish second or third. Permanent also rans.

A&M needs to be lobbying these guys and probably vandy and South Carolina to vote no on this. Those five are probably all that stands between this and seismic changes across college sports.

that was slightly different in that it was known for years we were looking to move to the acc
The second that it became clear that Miami was wooing the ACC hard (that was in late 1998), every football school in the BE knew that if Miami were to allowed in the ACC, they would want to follow.

The reason is that no northeastern-based league could remain truly Big Time in football. JoePa knew that, and he chose to go midwest. Big Time football schools in the northeast had 3 choices: downgrade, get tied to the midwest, get tied to the southeast.

Penn St sports, and even more so northeastern football, would have been much better off long term if Paterno had turned to the ACC. If PSU had pursued the ACC, today the ACC would be about as wealthy as the BT.

Eh, he’s a Boston guy for the pros so he’s been doing okay in the “joy” department for quite a while when it comes to sports.

And I hate him for it. Go Yankees.
I have had enough championships in my lifetime I won’t complain.

At this point I just want the end game for this realignment crap.
Notre Dame neutrality has to end.
Pick your destiny or go D-3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom