Thank You Adam Weitsman | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Thank You Adam Weitsman

I don't know Weitsman personally and by comments made by others that do, he seems like a straight up guy who truly wants to have a positive impact on the SU athletic programs. Good for him. He can do whatever he wants with his well earned money and if it's supporting SU, go for it.

Having said that, it's curious that he (through media reporting) is making himself such a big part of the story. In the majority of these situations the big money backers of any enterprise would prefer to remain relatively anonymous and totally in the background. They relish their privacy. To be so up front and such a visible/vocal proponent of his plan is certainly his right, but it just doesn't seem typical and in some cases maybe a little self indulgent??

I don't know Weitsman personally and by comments made by others that do, he seems like at straight up guy who truly wants to have a positive impact on the SU athletic programs. Good for him. He can do whatever he wants with his well earned money and if it's supporting SU, go for it.

Having said that, it's curious that he (through media reporting) is making himself such a big part of the story. In the majority of these situations the big money backers of any enterprise would prefer to remain relatively anonymous and totally in the background. They relish their privacy. To be so up front and such a visible/vocal proponent of his plan is certainly his right, but it just doesn't seem typical and in some cases maybe a little self indulging??
What about the rest of his money?

I don't know Weitsman personally and by comments made by others that do, he seems like a straight up guy who truly wants to have a positive impact on the SU athletic programs. Good for him. He can do whatever he wants with his well earned money and if it's supporting SU, go for it.

Having said that, it's curious that he (through media reporting) is making himself such a big part of the story. In the majority of these situations the big money backers of any enterprise would prefer to remain relatively anonymous and totally in the background. They relish their privacy. To be so up front and such a visible/vocal proponent of his plan is certainly his right, but it just doesn't seem typical and in some cases maybe a little self indulgent??

The entire thing is bizarre TBH. He sits 4 feet from the coach too. Odd to say the least.

What’s bizarre?

What’s appropriate behavior in your opinion?

What is wrong with having this being mutually beneficial?
i find the lead booster, being so close to the HC, just bizarre.

I still live in the pre NIL world where these shadowy characters were shadow people. I cannot switch my brain into the fact that Adam is de facto the GM of Syracuse basketball.

I see nothing wrong with it but I also don't see how it's been beneficial so far. We have become a laughing stock with our senior citizen HC, celebrities sitting courtside for reasons unknown, and this guy who peddles recycled trash being a very public figure. he's the de facto face of SU hoops now.

We're a recycled basketball team. We've recycled ourselves into Seton Hall

Just like the Ruiz guy in Miami, they are a single person. So their names are out there. Most NIL deals are being made by collectives and many of those are publicized too but when they are it’s credited as Collective ABC, not a singular person like Adam or Ruiz.

I still live in the pre NIL world where these shadowy characters were shadow people. I cannot switch my brain into the fact that Adam is de facto the GM of Syracuse basketball.

I see nothing wrong with it but I also don't see how it's been beneficial so far. We have become a laughing stock with our senior citizen HC, celebrities sitting courtside for reasons unknown, and this guy who peddles recycled trash being a very public figure. he's the de facto face of SU hoops now.

For benefits, see Moore, Elijah and soon Adams, Marcus and you have your answer.

It’s also an open market, like the job market. People don’t complain that a stock broker makes significantly more money than like a janitor. Or like how people don’t complain that the men’s basketball facilities are much better than like cross country or volleyball.
Janitors can make a-lot factoring benefits and days off ..

I can't tell if you're being purposely ignorant or just not paying attention because if you knew anything you would know Weitsman didn't get involved with recruiting until this cycle.

Other schools have had similar type of NIL boosters.

Posters on this board referred to them as "Sugar Daddy".

I can only assume they now believe Adam is our "Sugar Daddy".

again, fwiw, I'm on board with him doing it. No ill will toward him at all from me.

I think some people cannot fathom how much a billion dollars is and how much people at that level of wealth interact with one another and basically anyone else they seek out.

T. Boone Pickens is pretty visible for Oklahoma St. and has been for years

On Sirius XM ESPNU radio, Danny kannell and Nicole Auerbach just spent a full segment educating their listeners on Adam and how they felt his deal w Elijah is pushing the boundaries. Interesting, glad to get in the news cycle, if only we could get back to winning.
Good! The more we’re talked about, the more kids know that this is now the place to go.

Yikes didnt know that!! But he was cash behind their programs for years and I am sure if he lived to see it would have been at the forefront of NIL for them.
Oh for sure...I got what you were saying. More like he "was" visible. His name is on the stadium.

Difference is that when Adam became friends with JB, he knew virtually nothing about basketball and was far from a fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom