That Power Run/Tight End Offense Sure Does Suck | Syracusefan.com

That Power Run/Tight End Offense Sure Does Suck

bellybutton2.jpg
I'd strangle a cute animal to have just half of either teams talent.

Scheme is secondary at best.
are you sure ?

CanadianSU said:
are you sure ?

Hell yeah.

And I mean, when you're 3-9 and coming off one of the worst offensive seasons in school history you definitely should look at the team sitting at 13-1 and in the national title game with disdain.

Where does Oregon get off?!

Hell yeah.

And I mean, when you're 3-9 and coming off one of the worst offensive seasons in school history you definitely should look at the team sitting at 13-1 and in the national title game with disdain.

Where does Oregon get off?!
I meant the cute animal part but yes I totally agree with you

Coaching is a big part of it as well. I mean Boise St won with 2 and 3 star talent.

I do agree that coaching and scheme is a big part, and of course there are outliers, but give me crazy talent first and foremost. As for Boise they rose up and won against the big dogs in spot occasions, but if they had to go through the grind of any of the P5 conferences i don't think they would be the Boise St we know

Coaching is bigger for us (Syracuse) because we DO NOT get this type of talent...

It would be nice though. Because for these teams Talent > Coaching

I do agree that coaching and scheme is a big part, and of course there are outliers, but give me crazy talent first and foremost. As for Boise they rose up and won against the big dogs in spot occasions, but if they had to go through the grind of any of the P5 conferences i don't think they would be the Boise St we know
Very true. They wouldn't have the depth either.

I think urban meyer is good at instilling a winning attitude. He gets max effort. To me, great coaching is more important than great talent.

If you have giants who can run like deer, great. But I still see lots of 3 and 4 wr sets

If you have giants who can run like deer, great. But I still see lots of 3 and 4 wr sets

Yes, running up the middle is easier when you spread the field. This is what people should be seeing in this game.

Full_Rebar said:
Yes, running up the middle is easier when you spread the field. This is what people should be seeing in this game.

Being aggressive on 4th down seems to pay off too.

Not a lot of hoping to pin them back and tilt the field and force a turnover stuff.

I'd strangle a cute animal to have just half of either teams talent.

Scheme is secondary at best.

No one that sat through the Pariani and Spence years can say that with a straight face. You've posted this alot over the past few months and this is one case where you're wrong. A smart scheme will make average players look good. A bad scheme will make average players look awful. A good scheme and good players...well, that's what you're seeing tonight.

supp said:
No one that sat through the Pariani and Spence years can say that with a straight face. You've posted this alot over the past few months and this is one case where you're wrong. A smart scheme will make average players look good. A bad scheme will make average players look awful. A good scheme and good players...well, that's what you're seeing tonight.

When you have tOSU or Oregon talent, scheme is secondary.

The funny thing is with cuse, all we want is an average offense for now. As jimmy b once said, bad would be an improvement.

SU should aspire to the OSU offense, not the Ducks'.
I agree 100%. We have a better chance of recruiting some big offensive lineman, traditional power tight ends, and running backs, than we do finding the QB and skilled wideouts we would need for that type of system. Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Illinois, and New York offer those type of players. Just my opinion……

When you have tOSU or Oregon talent, scheme is secondary.

Miami? Florida? Texas? Scheme and coaching matters just as much at that level.

supp said:

And the thread was started by someone advocating SU would be better off emulating tOSU than Oregon. As if it's THAT which is holding us back from having an offense that is an abject disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom