That was just bad | Syracusefan.com

That was just bad

If they're on the bubble, that pushes them to the NIT. If they were half way competent tonight, they win. Sanctions have nothing to do with effort or skill.

I sure hope that Syracuse recruits one more player for next year. That player needs to be a good point guard, one that can actually handle the ball against pressure and able to distribute the ball and be able to play defense.

I know that this was a frustrating game for the players but, we do not have a true point or any depth at that position. I am not sure we will have one next year with Carey viewed more as a scorer than distributor and with Howard Washington pretty injured.

If we were to find such a player, I would move Frank to a Small Forward position and see how that works. He looses the ball way too much.

This was a game that Syracuse coming in should have won.

I sure hope that Syracuse recruits one more player for next year. That player needs to be a good point guard, one that can actually handle the ball against pressure and able to distribute the ball and be able to play defense.

I know that this was a frustrating game for the players but, we do not have a true point or any depth at that position. I am not sure we will have one next year with Carey viewed more as a scorer than distributor and with Howard Washington pretty injured.

If we were to find such a player, I would move Frank to a Small Forward position and see how that works. He looses the ball way too much.

No one played well. Frank and Tyus set the tone for the night with their sloppy play. Just hard to blame it on one person tonight. I saw a team that had no focus and was mentally in Syracuse.

If they're on the bubble, that pushes them to the NIT. If they were half way competent tonight, they win. Sanctions have nothing to do with effort or skill.

I doubt they make the NIT.

They’re not recruiting another guard.

If JB doesn't feel like coaching offense, can we be like football and bring in an Offensive Coordinator?

They’re not recruiting another guard.
Then, they will repeat this same type of play next year with the exception there should be more scorers.
Today, Syracuse has Battle, Howard, and Brissette) as their primary options. Next year, they will have Carey, Bazley, Brissette and Howard (that is if Battle follows through with the notion of leaving for the NBA after this season, he seems more ready than Malik Richardson was).

If Battle were to return, there would have to be changes to the starting lineup:
Projected:
PG Frank Howard initially but Jalen Carey soon after the ACC season starts, Howard Washington in reserve.
SG Tyrus Battle, Buddy Boeheim, Frank Howard and Brandon Bayer as backups
SF Darius Bazley and Oshae Brissette determine who is the starter and who is the reserve and Frank Howard
PF Brissette, Bazley, Moyer, Dolemite (if he returns)
C Sidibe or Chukwu (if he returns)

Gives us 12 scholarships for 2018-2019

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom