The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread...

I think his balance is what makes everything work. When he cuts, when he bounces outside, he doesn't lose a step ever. He stays balanced and accelerates. It has been a pleasure to watch him, looking forward to his (presumably) final season.

Sean just popped up in the top 100 in the last couple of weeks. As you say, RBs are not as highly valued as they once were (think the problem is they tend to not last long in this day and age).

I think the view is also that you can get effective RBs anywhere in the draft and the difference between good and great isn't as wide or important as it used to be, partly because of how offenses have evolved. Denver also kinda got that thought going in the late '90's when they kept plugging in late round RBs that kept producing.

I am not sure these analysts are properly taking into account the (lack of) supporting cast for Tucker relative to these other talented young men.

Our Oline has done a great job getting out of dumpster fire territory but I am not even sure they were average last year, particularly when you factor in the last half when we lost 2-3 starters.

My hope is that our Oline takes the same leap this year they did last year and Shredder is a tick or two better (along with the wrs) and then Tucker could hit even more outrageous numbers (total yards and ypc)

Last edited:
It is fun watching his highlights

Start catching balls out of the backfield and hes better than Bijan.

There are so many factors when considering who the best RB is. Is it simply production? Do you place more emphasis on measurables? Do you rely on the eye test to see who seems to have better moves? It's probably all of them. As a QB, Donovan McNabb did not have the best numbers in college his senior year and there were guys that were bigger with a stronger arm. But he ended being drafted higher than all but one and had the best pro career of the guys in his draft class.

I don't know if Tucker is better than the guys listed in front of him. I'm just happy he's in the conversations and that we get to have him for one more year. Team success will help him climb a lot of lists.

Last edited:
The one thing I think backs need to have is the ability to pick up blitzes in the NFL.

And in the metrics Tucker is very much a below average blocker.

Surprise us Sean - And come out of the tunnel in #44 against Ville.

I am not sure these analysts are properly taking into account the (lack of) supporting cast for Tucker relative to these other talented young men.

Our Oline has done a great job getting out of dumpster fire territory but I am not even sure they were average last year, particularly when you factor in the last half when we lost 2-3 starters.

My hope is that our Oline takes the same leap this year they did last year and Shredder is a tick or two better (along with the wrs) and then Tucker could hit even more outrageous numbers (total yards and ypc)
Exactly. Also have to consider that our green WR group was not exactly overpowering downfield blockers either. The threat of Shrader running helped Tucker, no doubt. But as you said, imagine him with a Wisconsin O-Line, or WRs would could sustain a block.

Last edited:
Exactly. Also have to consider that our green WR group was not exactly overpowering downfield blockers either. The threat of Shrader running helped Tucker, no doubt. But as you said, imagine him with a Wisconsin O-Line, or WRs would could sustain a block.
Or WRs who could actually get open and catch a pass. Tucker caught almost as many TDs as our best receivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom