The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread...

Here’s the link to purchase:

Tucker is criminally underrated.

Here's hoping he uses this as motivation to show everybody who the best RB in college is this year.

Interesting note on Kiper's first rankings... Army has the top rated ILB on his board (Andre Carter II) and #14 overall.

I believe he said they haven't had a first rounder since 1946 and a non-seventh round pick since 1969.

I'd like to see an indicator of how many plays they considered Syracuse to have "perfectly blocked" compared to "imperfectly blocked".

It felt like there were very few perfectly blocked plays the last few years.

I'd like to see an indicator of how many plays they considered Syracuse to have "perfectly blocked" compared to "imperfectly blocked".

It felt like there were very few perfectly blocked plays the last few years.
The run blocking was very good last year with the staters. It fell off the last three games.

If he stays one more year then a year from now he is tops on every one of these types of lists

Sean got some love on ESPNU afternoon show yesterday. EJ Manuel brought him up to an ACC analyst and asked why he wasn't getting more love. Analyst didn't say anything we already don't know - if Sean was in an OSU, Oklahoma, or Georgia uniform he would be a contender for the Heisman, but he's at SU and the national perception of SU does not favor him.

Sean got some love on ESPNU afternoon show yesterday. EJ Manuel brought him up to an ACC analyst and asked why he wasn't getting more love. Analyst didn't say anything we already don't know - if Sean was in an OSU, Oklahoma, or Georgia uniform he would be a contender for the Heisman, but he's at SU and the national perception of SU does not favor him.
Which is why we should appreciate him as much as almost every player we have ever had. He could have hit the portal and transferred to one of those factories so easily that it is crazy that he didn’t. He will always remain one of my all time favorites for the loyalty he has shown to SU. I just hope that Dino finally puts enough of a team around him so that his incredible talent isn’t wasted.

Which is why we should appreciate him as much as almost every player we have ever had. He could have hit the portal and transferred to one of those factories so easily that it is crazy that he didn’t. He will always remain one of my all time favorites for the loyalty he has shown to SU. I just hope that Dino finally puts enough of a team around him so that his incredible talent isn’t wasted.
And maybe a few catches by wide receivers. That would be nice.

This is the subtle goal post shifting that is hurting CFB. Used to be you needed to win and put up numbers. Now you have to win, put up numbers and be at a perineal national contender.

ESPNifying everything

This is the subtle goal post shifting that is hurting CFB. Used to be you needed to win and put up numbers. Now you have to win, put up numbers and be at a perineal national contender.

ESPNifying everything
I have to disagree. Why didn't Don McPherson win the Heisman? That really sucked. The elite always had an edge on the Heisman.

I have to disagree. Why didn't Don McPherson win the Heisman? That really sucked. The elite always had an edge on the Heisman.
Agree. Sure, there was a time when solely performance mattered but it has not been all that recent.

This century, the traditional football factories have dominated the Heisman. The exceptions were guys who played on really good teams (Jackson-Louisville-9-4 record, Mariotta-Oregon-13-2 record, Manzel-A&M- 11-2 record, Griffin-Baylor-10-3 record). You can keep going back before the 2000's and it generally still applies.

When you don't play for a traditional power (much less a team like SU that has not done much of anything in quite awhile) and your team has not even made a bowl in your career to-date, you are starting out with a built-in disadvantage as a Heisman candidate. It has been that way for a fairly long time now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom