The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread...

Man I really don’t think Robinson is better than tucker. If he crushes it this year he’s easily a first rounder

Personally, Tucker reminds me of Thurman Thomas.
Even though he's a sprinter, to me, he doesn't quite have elite breakaway speed. I saw him get run down a few times last year. I think he reads the hole really well, he cuts well and can run inside and still find breakaway opportunities. Excellent balance, too.

Personally, Tucker reminds me of Thurman Thomas.
Even though he's a sprinter, to me, he doesn't quite have elite breakaway speed. I saw him get run down a few times last year. I think he reads the hole really well, he cuts well and can run inside and still find breakaway opportunities. Excellent balance, too.
He ran track, this past winter specifically to work on his speed, and so far the reports are he is a bit faster.

It wouldn't take much. At that level hundredths of a second can make an enormous difference.

3F255FE2-681A-45FE-8BFD-3EFAAE7E36B4.jpeg

What's the chance Tucker leads us in both rushing AND receiving yards this season?

If they just throw him 6 screens every game, he'll probably lead in receptions, and with his skills and speed in space, more long receiving touchdowns seems highly likely.

For perspective, our leader in receptions since 2010 has usually been in the 60s, with exceptions being exceptional seasons with Etta-Towo, Lemon and Ishamael. These guys were dominant go to guys who got a lot of targets. This year, we don't have a receiver like that... Or do we?

What's the chance Tucker leads us in both rushing AND receiving yards this season?

If they just throw him 6 screens every game, he'll probably lead in receptions, and with his skills and speed in space, more long receiving touchdowns seems highly likely.

For perspective, our leader in receptions since 2010 has usually been in the 60s, with exceptions being exceptional seasons with Etta-Towo, Lemon and Ishamael. These guys were dominant go to guys who got a lot of targets. This year, we don't have a receiver like that... Or do we?
If that happens I don’t think we will end up with a winning season.

If that happens I don’t think we will end up with a winning season.
I don't know... Last night was pretty good. ;)

There were 13 receptions and 157 yards receiving by guys NOT named Tucker, even though he led with 6 receptions. It was spread around pretty well.

If we rush for 200 and throw for 250 every game, does it matter if Tucker is leading with only 6 receptions on dump offs and screens? Knowing that he'll likely break one if he gets the ball in space that many times?

Plus, wouldn't it be amazing for Tucker to accomplish such a feat?

I don't know... Last night was pretty good.

There were 13 receptions and 157 yards receiving by guys NOT named Tucker, even though he led with 6 receptions. It was spread around pretty well.

If we rush for 200 and throw for 250 every game, does it matter if Tucker is leading with only 6 receptions on dump offs and screens? Knowing that he'll likely break one if he gets the ball in space that many times?

Plus, wouldn't it be amazing for Tucker to accomplish such a feat?
That’s one game, to do that every game would be one heck of a workload. Teams will game plan for it eventually also and force you to use other guys.

It’s a little odd that we haven’t gotten Tucker’s postgame #PL34SED tweet yet....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom