The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I never thought I'd post within a Rutgers thread but I couldn't resist after reading Rutgersal latest dissertation.

I took this from the thread titled "Rutgers National Championship Victory Celebration Parade Route" started by Al himself:

While dreaming of a Rutgers National Championship victory, I worked out the parade route for our eventual celebration. The parade will step off from Voorhees Chapel, then make its way down George Street, through the heart of New Brunswick, up Somerset Street, then down college avenue, and then over Landing Lane Bridge to the stadium. At the stadium, a rally will be held to celebrate the accomplishment. Players and coaches will give speeches, and it will be a day to remember. Just though I would share that vision with y'all.

I have no words.

2ac21ddcb62d4ee6c1f7ea7a2b8b278fae7b2d2276531a81a101a3c17bebfd53.jpg

4-star QB Tyler Wiegers decommits from RU - to Iowa.

That kid had a UPenn offer, I'm sorry, bt if Im that kids dad, I'da tried whatever I could to get him there. The NFL finds you if you're good.

The B1G plan all along has been to raid Jersey and Maryland for thier talent and TV demograhic and to keep Rutgers and the Terripins down in the gutter.

It's been fun watching Rutgers slide in the national recruiting ranking. What was their highest rank before their eight de-commits?

It's been fun watching Rutgers slide in the national recruiting ranking. What was their highest rank before their eight de-commits?
They were 15th at one time on the $cout rankings.

as long as the demise of the rutgers program happens as fast as the assent im happy

The fact that Schiano is going to parlay an awful stint in the NFL to a major upgrade in college jobs is ridiculous. Only in 'Murica.

The fact that Schiano is going to parlay an awful stint in the NFL to a major upgrade in college jobs is ridiculous. Only in 'Murica.

That's so true. He was passed up the last time got a pro job after chip Kelly declined it and then got a much better college job, if that happens. Amazing and sad

With the idea that Schiano will end up at PSU when O'Brien leaves, it would spoil Rutgers' grand entrance into the B1G even more so. Schiano will go after Hafley and he will own NJ recruiting-wise. I don't want to see Schiano back up in this neck of the woods recruiting the same guys we are, but if there was a silver lining, it would be him pissing in Rutgers' cheerios. Oh the irony.

ped state has no president or ad right now - so who hires him?

if its the bot- one of them has to be able to read his actual record-

and he was around when "it" was happening -thats another mark against

i just cant see them going down that road

I know there aren't any spots on the SU staff, but who should we watch out for as far as positional coaches/coordinators coming out of Tampa. Hafley? Did he leave RU?

I know there aren't any spots on the SU staff, but who should we watch out for as far as positional coaches/coordinators coming out of Tampa. Hafley? Did he leave RU?
Hafley was in TB.

I'd go after Brian Angelichio, who coached TE's at Pitt and Rutgers before following Schiano to TB. He used to be the OC at Ithaca and is from Ilion. I have buddies that played for him at IC and speak highly of him. A few others on here know of him.

http://www.buccaneers.com/team/coaches/brian-angelichio/36022a5e-ca77-4ef0-bf52-1b921d18f442

I'd go after Brian Angelichio, who coached TE's at Pitt and Rutgers before following Schiano to TB. He used to be the OC at Ithaca and is from Ilion. I have buddies that played for him at IC and speak highly of him. A few others on here know of him.

http://www.buccaneers.com/team/coaches/brian-angelichio/36022a5e-ca77-4ef0-bf52-1b921d18f442

OT from the unending dumpster fire/joke that is RU "athletics," but I actually think that our staff has some weak spots and would love to make some upgrades by raiding PSU and the Buc's for any assistant coaches that are worthwhile.
*I think that our DB's look lost a lot of the time. I can't count the number of times that there has been bad communication leading to blown coverages.
*Our defensive game planning was horrible until it magically got a lot better. I think HCSS started playing a more active role, meaning our DC is dead weight. Vanderlin (PSU's LB/DC and former UMD HC) would be a GREAT add.
*The O-line hasn't been bad, but I'm not sure how much of that was Atkins. One year isn't enough time to formulate an opinion one way or the other.
*The jury is still out on the QB coach/recruiting coordinator. One year isn't enough time to formulate an opinion one way or the other. I would like to see better recruiting, though. However, if we have a strong finish, I'll be satisfied. We aren't far off, and if we improve throughout next year, I'll be happy.
*I would also like to see better special teams play. I can excuse the bad kicking because of injuries, but our punt coverage leaves something to be desired. For instance, letting both of those punts bounce in the end zone against UMn was crazy. They both should have been inside the 5. However, some areas of the special teams have been pretty good, so I think that I will need another year before I can come to a conclusion one way or the other.

OT from the unending dumpster fire/joke that is RU "athletics," but I actually think that our staff has some weak spots and would love to make some upgrades by raiding PSU and the Buc's for any assistant coaches that are worthwhile.
*I think that our DB's look lost a lot of the time. I can't count the number of times that there has been bad communication leading to blown coverages.
*Our defensive game planning was horrible until it magically got a lot better. I think HCSS started playing a more active role, meaning our DC is dead weight. Vanderlin (PSU's LB/DC and former UMD HC) would be a GREAT add.
*The O-line hasn't been bad, but I'm not sure how much of that was Atkins. One year isn't enough time to formulate an opinion one way or the other.
*The jury is still out on the QB coach/recruiting coordinator. One year isn't enough time to formulate an opinion one way or the other. I would like to see better recruiting, though. However, if we have a strong finish, I'll be satisfied. We aren't far off, and if we improve throughout next year, I'll be happy.
*I would also like to see better special teams play. I can excuse the bad kicking because of injuries, but our punt coverage leaves something to be desired. For instance, letting both of those punts bounce in the end zone against UMn was crazy. They both should have been inside the 5. However, some areas of the special teams have been pretty good, so I think that I will need another year before I can come to a conclusion one way or the other.
Almost sounds like you want to get out the broom and sweep the place clean.

I think the continuity aspect is important enough to extend the whole crew for another year.

(Although, I'm also concerned about our defensive backfield situation.)

Almost sounds like you want to get out the broom and sweep the place clean.

I think the continuity aspect is important enough to extend the whole crew for another year.

(Although, I'm also concerned about our defensive backfield situation.)
Replacing 2/9 assistant coaches isn't exactly cleaning house, especially given that something like 7/9 of them were hired at the last minute.