The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 206 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I forgot to mention this. You guys are gonna love this.

I was told from a reliable person that during Rutgers latest podcast they interviewed Paul Woods. They asked him whose his favorite all time player for Rutgers is and he paused for a long time and said Ray Rice.

Here's the funny part. Then they asked him what is his all time favorite Rutgers memory. He said the Michigan game from last year when they lost 78-0. The interviewer was shocked and didnt know what to say.
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

What's even worse is it looks like they have completely given up on Florida. Remember when Schiano recruited the hell out of Florida, even putting up billboards. Currently, they don't have one commit of the top 242 Florida recruits. Appalachian State has 3! We have 2 of the Top 140. Their recruiting has fallen off a cliff.
I'm guessing they have #243.

Reminds me of "The Ballad of Irving", the 142nd fastest gun in the west. "141 could draw faster than he, Irving was looking for 143."

I'm guessing they have #243.

Reminds me of "The Ballad of Irving", the 142nd fastest gun in the west. "141 could draw faster than he, Irving was looking for 143."

No idea. 2 4 7's list only goes up to 242. I wasn't spinning anything.

I love this thread. The gift that keeps on giving.

I was reading on NJ.com last night that Zach Allen chose not to go with ACL surgery this Spring and chose to go the rehab route instead. Does that ever really work? It looks like he's slated for 4th string again anyway.

I was reading on NJ.com last night that Zach Allen chose not to go with ACL surgery this Spring and chose to go the rehab route instead. Does that ever really work? It looks like he's slated for 4th string again anyway.
I imagine the Bolin kid will play alot. Threw for 360 vs. SU when he was at Louisville. They are banking on a kid who threw alot against a young inexperienced defense in 2015. They think Kill is going to turn their QB's into studs. That's never been his thing. He's good at managing QB's.

Last edited:
I imagine the Bolin kid will play alot. Threw for 360 vs. SU when he was at Louisville. Their banking on a kid who threw alot against a young inexperienced defense in 2015. They think Kill is going to turn their QB's into studs. That's never been his thing. He's good at managing QB's.

Yep. Kill is no QB guru, that's for sure.

I don't think Rutgers will be as bad as they were last year. But that's because I'm not sure it's possible.

Hey Tipp - Until they replace their coach, you can probably save yourself an ulcer or two by not worrying about them. They picked the wrong coach.

https://rutgers.forums.r ivals.com/threads/putrid-recruiting-by-syracuse-as-usual.126122/

SU hating Rutgers fan makes thread out of the blue ripping on SU's recruiting class and watches it backfire in his face. Reconnect the r and i for the link.

https://rutgers.forums.r ivals.com/threads/putrid-recruiting-by-syracuse-as-usual.126122/

SU hating Rutgers fan makes thread out of the blue ripping on SU's recruiting class and watches it backfire in his face. Reconnect the r and i for the link.
lol that one SU poster gets a lot of attention over there. He must really get under their skin

One of the posts in that thread says our schedule sets us up for a better record this coming year. hasnt our schedule been ranked the most difficult in all the land this year?

I forgot to mention this. You guys are gonna love this.

I was told from a reliable person that during Rutgers latest podcast they interviewed Paul Woods. They asked him whose his favorite all time player for Rutgers is and he paused for a long time and said Ray Rice.

Here's the funny part. Then they asked him what is his all time favorite Rutgers memory. He said the Michigan game from last year when they lost 78-0. The interviewer was shocked and didnt know what to say.
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Men-at-work-Golf-Clap-Short-Charlie-Sheen-and-Emilio-Estevez.gif

What you say is true. And NJ has a similar system that includes schools like Montclair.

But Rutgers for the friends I had was a low-quality college experience. The academics, at least at Rutgers College, were fine. But the rest of it was grim. Students regularly fled the campus on weekends to go home or to other colleges. It was always the epitome of a "Suitcase College".

I'll stick with my assertion that no one I knew that went there really wanted to go there. And that NJ students avoid it if they are financially able.

I have friends in Michigan. They actually wanted to go to UM or Michigan State. That is NOT what you get in New Jersey.

I think the view of Rutgers being the epitome of a "suitcase college" was true 15+ years ago. Certainly it was while I attended undergrad there in the late '90's - early '00's. However, many I have spoke with who work on campus say things have changed over the past 10 years. One is just a sign of the times. Kids are so into their smart phones, have Twitter, Snapchat, etc. and don't need to go home to see friends and family as often. Kids are just more "stationary" in general so to speak or more willing to take the path of least resistance (aka stay at school rather than incur travel time/gas money). The second is the addition of more things to do on campus. For instance, while I was there Livingston Campus was a barren wasteland except for the RAC. I hated when I had classes there. Now you drive over there and they have retail stores and chains like Chipotle, a movie theater and supposedly a state of the art dining complex. College Ave has also significantly upped their game with the addition of the apartment complex where the grease trucks were which also includes popular chains on the ground floor. There are certainly more things than just the College Ave student center and Au Bon Pain. These things may seem silly/trivial to adults but trust me they don't to teenagers. Also now you factor in that they are in the Big Ten and even though they aren't good on the field the names of the schools coming in to play will keep kids there to party and tailgate in the fall. You don't need to win on the field to party in the lots.

On a side note. A few years ago I went into the education field and I see more high school kids wearing Rutgers gear than I had when I was in school 20 years ago. Also believe it or not, kids are dying to get into RU. I've had students tell me they were upset that they couldn't get in. One girl I coached this year was crushed that she got into Rutgers and couldn't afford to attend. Another state school (Stockton) offered her more in grants/aid and she wisely opted to go there instead. And this kid is as bright and talented as any (she also got into Penn State and Maryland), she just didn't want to incur that much debt. I was also shocked to learn how much RU now costs per year for in-state students which is a travesty.

I will be the first to say that Rutgers is not the campus experience that you get at Ann Arbor or in Madison or even State College, PA (puke). And it certainly isn't what you get at a southern school like Florida State, North Carolina, Georgia, etc which is a totally different world than the north when it comes to college campus life. But I don't think the suitcase college moniker or comparing RU to the K-mart of college experiences is accurate any longer. I work with high school students every day and I can tell you there is a much different perception of the school now than there was when I was in school. And they are the perspective clientele so I take what they have to say more seriously than some old guys on a message board who obviously have little respect for the institution lol. So your sweeping generalization that "no one in NJ wants to go to Rutgers if they can avoid it" is patently false. There are 9 million people in the state...a lot more than the people you may know/who you've talked to.

Last edited:
Stay at Rutgers this weekend, take the path of least resistance.

I think the view of Rutgers being the epitome of a "suitcase college" was true 15+ years ago. Certainly it was while I attended undergrad there in the late '90's - early '00's. However, many I have spoke with who work on campus say things have changed over the past 10 years. One is just a sign of the times. Kids are so into their smart phones, have Twitter, Snapchat, etc. and don't need to go home to see friends and family as often. Kids are just more "stationary" in general so to speak or more willing to take the path of least resistance (aka stay at school rather than incur travel time/gas money). The second is the addition of more things to do on campus. For instance, while I was there Livingston Campus was a barren wasteland except for the RAC. I hated when I had classes there. Now you drive over there and they have retail stores and chains like Chipotle, a movie theater and supposedly a state of the art dining complex. College Ave has also significantly upped their game with the addition of the apartment complex where the grease trucks were which also includes popular chains on the ground floor. There are certainly more things than just the College Ave student center and Au Bon Pain. These things may seem silly/trivial to adults but trust me they don't to teenagers. Also now you factor in that they are in the Big Ten and even though they aren't good on the field the names of the schools coming in to play will keep kids there to party and tailgate in the fall. You don't need to win on the field to party in the lots.

On a side note. A few years ago I went into the education field and I see more high school kids wearing Rutgers gear than I had when I was in school 20 years ago. Also believe it or not, kids are dying to get into RU. I've had students tell me they were upset that they couldn't get in. One girl I coached this year was crushed that she got into Rutgers and couldn't afford to attend. Another state school (Stockton) offered her more in grants/aid and she wisely opted to go there instead. And this kid is as bright and talented as any (she also got into Penn State and Maryland), she just didn't want to incur that much debt. I was also shocked to learn how much RU now costs per year for in-state students which is a travesty.

I will be the first to say that Rutgers is not the campus experience that you get at Ann Arbor or in Madison or even State College, PA (puke). And it certainly isn't what you get at a southern school like Florida State, North Carolina, Georgia, etc which is a totally different world than the north when it comes to college campus life. But I don't think the suitcase college moniker or comparing RU to the K-mart of college experiences is accurate any longer. I work with high school students every day and I can tell you there is a much different perception of the school now than there was when I was in school. And they are the perspective clientele so I take what they have to say more seriously than some old guys on a message board who obviously have little respect for the institution lol. So your sweeping generalization that "no one in NJ wants to go to Rutgers if they can avoid it" is patently false. There are 9 million people in the state...a lot more than the people you may know/who you've talked to.
I believe it is the most expensive in-state state school in the nation. Not sure why. As a resident (one of those 9 million) who pays taxes to not see that school as an option financially or level of education (networking is probably it's biggest asset) is a crime. I have worked on multiple campuses and dealt with some of their administrators, and procedures and policies, I see the waste that causes this high cost, and it frustrates me.

I have worked in a lot of different schools, and there is no question that you see more Rutgers shirts and hats now than in the past. However I still see a lot more Syracuse, Penn St, Michigan etc than Rutgers.

I have worked in a lot of different schools, and there is no question that you see more Rutgers shirts and hats now than in the past. However I still see a lot more Syracuse, Penn St, Michigan etc than Rutgers.

Penn State, Ohio State, Miami by me. And I coached track this past year and at big meets in NJ those 3 plus Michigan same to be the most represented out of sate schools.

Penn State, Ohio State, Miami by me. And I coached track this past year and at big meets in NJ those 3 plus Michigan same to be the most represented out of sate schools.

I think a lot of the kids like to collect the college shirts, I know I used to when I was a kid. I work with this guy who is a Penn St grad and he has a different college shirt each day, now I would never wear anything that isn't Syracuse.