The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 213 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Rutgers is putting a hot tub in the stands? Well then...

"CAAANNNNOOOOOOOOONNNNN BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!"

rutgers-fan.jpg

Chris Laviano to San Diego State. Remember him? The Long Island guy we didn't recruit, and I remember Tom questioning why he was getting Power 5 offers.

Laviano won’t be providing any depth now, either. On Monday, Laviano informed SDSU head coach Rocky Long that he was leaving the team.

“He came to me and said he wanted his release so he could transfer someplace to play lacrosse,” Long said. “I guess he was a good lacrosse player in high school. His lacrosse coach told him he can get him a full ride Division II scholarship tomorrow from five or six places close to home. He might even be able to get him a Division I scholarship.

I read today on NJ.com that their new QB is saying they could be bowl bound.

And I read on their board that versus air their receivers were dropping balls left and right. QB may be good, but they have issues at WR.
Yeah I think Kyle Bolin is no joke. He lost the job to Lamar Jackson, most people would. But he has zero supporting cast, no offensive line, no running game, etc. They will be lucky to win 4.

People won't remember if they win two, three or four.

What they will remember is the 78-0 drubbings and the near impossibility of the program becoming competitive with OSU, Michigan and Penn State.

I am so happy ther are on FS1 so I can record and watch the beat down after the Syracuse victory!

As I head home from the Orange victory Friday night, I expect the primal scream from the Washington beat down to travel from Piscataway up 81 and meet me somewhere around Binghamton - unless, of course, my calculations on the speed of sound are off and it hits me in Scranton. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: FAL
I am so happy ther are on FS1 so I can record and watch the beat down after the Syracuse victory!

No matter the evidence, there are RU fans that will see a ray of sunshine in the disaster. They are convinced that the Sleeping Giant” just has to rise up.

It reminds me of the Cargo Cults in the South Pacific islands.

From Rational Wiki:

“A cargo cult is a religious movement usually emerging in tribal or isolated societies after they have had an encounter with an external and technologically advanced society. Usually cargo cults focus on magical thinking and a variety of intricate rituals designed to obtain the material wealth of the advanced culture they encountered.” (In Rutgers case just about any successful athletic program qualifies as a “technologically advanced society”)

Reporter Paul Raffaele: "John [Frum] promised you much cargo more than 60 years ago, and none has come. … Why do you still believe in him?" (The Islanders had watched cargo planes arrive on their island at an airport built by the US military during WWII and had assumed that the cargo was really theirs and it had been stolen by the US military people.)

Chief Isaac Wan: "You Christians have been waiting 2,000 years for Jesus to return to earth and you haven’t given up hope."

People won't remember if they win two, three or four.

What they will remember is the 78-0 drubbings and the near impossibility of the program becoming competitive with OSU, Michigan and Penn State.

The 78-0 home loss really is amazing and probably deserves to be talked about more because the stats are pretty astronomical.

-Rutgers didn’t have a first down until the 9:06 mark of the 4th quarter.
-They only had two first downs all game. They were 0-17 on third downs.
-They allowed 600 yards of offense in a game where Michigan was trying to run the clock out.
-They allowed 9 rushing TD’s, 2 passing. Michigan ran for 481(8.6 per carry) yards in a game where everyone knew they were going to run every play.
-They only had 22 yards of total offense, less than Jabril Peppers averaged per run.
-They only had 5 yards passing.
-Only one player had a reception(he had all 5 of their receiving yards).
-They threw 18 times, so they averaged 0.3 yards per pass.
-Chris Laviano(1/8, 6 yards) had a 0.9 QB rating. Zach Allen, who was 1/10 and threw for negative 1 yard and beat him with a 1.3 rating.
-Rutgers ran 36 times for 34 yards. 0.9 ypc.
-Somehow they lost by 78 and were even on turnovers.

It’s video game stuff that happened in real life.

The box score is pretty amazing:
Michigan vs. Rutgers - Box Score - October 8, 2016 - ESPN

The 78-0 home loss really is amazing and probably deserves to be talked about more because the stats are pretty astronomical.

-They allowed 600 yards of offense in a game where Michigan was trying to run the clock out.
-They allowed 9 rushing TD’s, 2 passing. Michigan ran for 481(8.6 per carry) yards in a game where everyone knew they were going to run every play.
-They only had 22 yards of total offense, less than Jabril Peppers averaged per run.
-Chris Laviano(1/8, 6 yards) had a 0.9 QB rating. Zach Allen, who was 1/10 and threw for negative 1 yard and beat him with a 1.3 rating.

Again...
slm9dCkAYkwww.gif

I read today on NJ.com that their new QB is saying they could be bowl bound.
I am shocked, amazed, and thankful that I am able to be the first to quote the totally forgettable Glenn Foley (former BC QB) in the only memorable thing he did or said, sports-wise:

"The only bowl Rutgers is going to is the one I just got off of."

So you're saying bringing in the defensive minded head coach helped limit the damage...

Laviano by the way transferred to San Diego State as a grad transfer and was listed 3rd on the depth chart at the end of camp. So he just quit the team on Monday and is said to be transferring back East to play Lacrosse with his final year of eligibility.