The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 245 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

This is a dumb take.

1. We have a history that would make them wet themselves.

2. Their best ever season wasn’t that good.

3. We handed the defending national champs their only loss this year. That’s a better win than *any in their history*
IDK. They are, after all, the intercollegiate soccer champs of 1869. ;)

I would love to start a BC dumpster thread or a UCONN dumpster thread. That would be fun - but as low as some of their moments have been (looking at you, UCONN’s made up trophy) - they have avoided the ongoing train wreck of failure that is Rutgers.

Bc goes to bowl games pretty much every year, not sure what their dumpster fire would be.

Firing Skinner was one of the dumbest things in college bball history.

tumblr_ls2f8j1maz1qfqkof.png

WOW! I mistakenly thought it was Harvard when I glanced at the bottom line. I actually thought a loss to Tommy Amaker was a respectable loss.
As for a BC dumpster fire, I think the flames subsided once they realized and jettisoned their AD Gene DeFillippo

WOW! I mistakenly thought it was Harvard when I glanced at the bottom line. I actually thought a loss to Tommy Amaker was a respectable loss.
As for a BC dumpster fire, I think the flames subsided once they realized and jettisoned their AD Gene DeFillippo
Actually "convinced him to retire". He was personally responsible for the disaster. He fired Skinner in bball and Jagodzinski in fb. They may have stopped the bleeding in fb.

Actually "convinced him to retire". He was personally responsible for the disaster. He fired Skinner in bball and Jagodzinski in fb. They may have stopped the bleeding in fb.

Not 100% true. Jags wanted out of BC. He was a bit like Marrone in that dont like kissing 17-18 year olds rear ends while recruiting.

Not 100% true. Jags wanted out of BC. He was a bit like Marrone in that dont like kissing 17-18 year olds rear ends while recruiting.
If I'm correctly interpreting what's been posted on their board, he was fired for saying he'd liked to be interviewed for the NFL job. Not that he showed up for an inerview without permission, just that he would like to be interviewed. It may my faulty memory or an exaggeration of the situation by one of their posters, but, apparently George Carlin was right, it's a sin to wanna.

If I'm correctly interpreting what's been posted on their board, he was fired for saying he'd liked to be interviewed for the NFL job. Not that he showed up for an inerview without permission, just that he would like to be interviewed. It may my faulty memory or an exaggeration of the situation by one of their posters, but, apparently George Carlin was right, it's a sin to wanna.
He interviewed after DeFilippo warned him not to. Jets hired Rex instead.

My recall is that he expressed an interest in interviewing and I think it was for a Jets opening (Marrone irony). DeFillipo warned him not to even think about another job at risk of being fired. There was a lot of rhetoric about it creating the appearance of not wanting the BC job. I don't recall any expressing a concern about recruiting (they were top ten and winning the ACC Atlantic). He interviewed and was fired the next day. He lost the Jets job to Rex Ryan (in another Marrone irony). Reading this ESPN article reminds you of what a small world this coaching game is. Mora at Seattle, Ryan picking a USC QB from Carroll. Mora and Jags coached together at Atl., where Matt Ryan would go. Jags an option at Jets because of Brett Favre and GB days, but the Mora and Hasselbeck/Seattle connection was not mentioned as a GB one, no that was from Jags' days at BC under Tom O'Brien. So many relationships, that profession truly is about who you know (and yes I understand there are a lot of high stakes performance requirements).

BC follows through with Jagodzinski's firing
Jagodzinski: I Regret Interviewing For Jets Job

Hear what you are saying but if you are told not to interview and you do it anyways, you clearly want out in my eyes. Also, I distinctly recall that being the rhetoric at the time he was fired.

Hear what you are saying but if you are told not to interview and you do it anyways, you clearly want out in my eyes. Also, I distinctly recall that being the rhetoric at the time he was fired.
I don't know. Does a coach just tuck his tail and accept he has no other options? It's kinda weird to deny him. What does that tell future coaching candidates?