The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 247 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

They are about to get a commitment from a D Lineman from sweden. Currently not rating by any sites. UCF is his only other offer. He should be a 2 star if anything.
R__ivals will automatically give him 3 stars for commiting to the Girls.

They are about to get a commitment from a D Lineman from sweden. Currently not rating by any sites. UCF is his only other offer. He should be a 2 star if anything.

after viewing his film, 3* 5.5

The Rutgers R!vals thread on this kid is gold.

The kid pulled his commitment and his tweet. Their mods pulled down the commitment thread, too:

https://rutgers.forums.r ivals.com/threads/swedish-de-commits-then-deletes-tweet.137878/

[remove the space in .r ivals.com]

The following:

did he commit to RU or somewhere else (before deleting)? (post #5)

22bro6.jpg

The problem is we do not have any Swedish coaches of coaches with Swedish connections. They don't even serve Swedish meatballs at recruiting dinners. Big fail by Ash. The least he could do is have these in the Hale Center:

61aiFMExI8L._SY355_.jpg

NJ.com to have story:
SWEDISH PROSPECT FASTEST DECOMMIT IN RU HISTORY

He just put up a new tweet.
"After praying to Gud, I decided to decommit from Rutgers. Tack sa mycket, Coach Ash.
No intervjus"

I wonder if IKEA just offered...

Maybe he found out we are a Dutch Reformed Church college ? Maybe he is confusing us with the Rutgers in The Netherlands? Any wars between The Netherlands and Sweden?

Soooo...now the "commit" thread, posted by a mod, is down? What is going on lol?

To be fair, they have salved their collective wounds, sorrow and disappointment with this post:

giphy.gif

Sorry, this should be a gif of Kate Upton.

The kid pulled his commitment and his tweet. Their mods pulled down the commitment thread, too:

https://rutgers.forums.r ivals.com/threads/swedish-de-commits-then-deletes-tweet.137878/

[remove the space in .r ivals.com]

The following:

did he commit to RU or somewhere else (before deleting)? (post #5)

22bro6.jpg

The problem is we do not have any Swedish coaches of coaches with Swedish connections. They don't even serve Swedish meatballs at recruiting dinners. Big fail by Ash. The least he could do is have these in the Hale Center:

61aiFMExI8L._SY355_.jpg

NJ.com to have story:
SWEDISH PROSPECT FASTEST DECOMMIT IN RU HISTORY

He just put up a new tweet.
"After praying to Gud, I decided to decommit from Rutgers. Tack sa mycket, Coach Ash.
No intervjus"

I wonder if IKEA just offered...

Maybe he found out we are a Dutch Reformed Church college ? Maybe he is confusing us with the Rutgers in The Netherlands? Any wars between The Netherlands and Sweden?

Soooo...now the "commit" thread, posted by a mod, is down? What is going on lol?

To be fair, they have salved their collective wounds, sorrow and disappointment with this post:

giphy.gif

Sorry, this should be a gif of Kate Upton.
:rolling:

Not a bad hire but not a great one either.
Hopefully he works out. When he was the OC, his offense was the very first CFB team to have a 3k yard QB, 2k yard RB and 2 1k yard WRs. He hasn’t called plays in 9 years so...it’s a crapshoot maybe. It’s always a crapshoot with Rutgers.

Correction- 1st FBS team in history to reach that milestone, not CFB.

Last edited:
Hopefully he works out. When he was the OC, his offense was the very first CFB team to have a 3k yard QB, 2k yard RB and 2 1k yard WRs. He hasn’t called plays in 9 years so...it’s a crapshoot maybe. It’s always a crapshoot with Rutgers.

Correction- 1st FBS team in history to reach that milestone, not CFB.
thats why I said it was a okay hire. He had some success as a OC but it was awhile ago. Not sure what to expect. He can possibly be a 1 step up from Kill.

The state radio station here in Jersey was going nuts about it yesterday.

"Rutgers' athletics ledger shows a $47.4 million shortfall in a $99.2 million budget that was made up by $21.3 million in support from the university's operating budget, $11.8 million in student fees, and a $14.3 million internal loan."

Another $47.4MM in debt for Rutgers. Even with the B1G money* "rolling" in, they cannot break even, let alone get ahead.

*Yes, I know they are not receiving a full payout. However, they are receiving some money, more than $10MM for 2015. Thus, even if the pie-in-the-sky $51MM (more realistic estimates are at or around $40MM, and that was before the attendance and TV numbers went down) materializes for Rutgers, they are still in the hole!

"Rutgers' athletics ledger shows a $47.4 million shortfall in a $99.2 million budget that was made up by $21.3 million in support from the university's operating budget, $11.8 million in student fees, and a $14.3 million internal loan."

Another $47.4MM in debt for Rutgers. Even with the B1G money* "rolling" in, they cannot break even, let alone get ahead.

*Yes, I know they are not receiving a full payout. However, they are receiving some money, more than $10MM for 2015. Thus, even if the pie-in-the-sky $51MM (more realistic estimates are at or around $40MM, and that was before the attendance and TV numbers went down) materializes for Rutgers, they are still in the hole!

Funniest thing is, when they finally get their full pay-out, the B1G’s TV deal will be up, and there’s a very real possibility that the TV contract bubble will pop.

Funniest thing is, when they finally get their full pay-out, the B1G’s TV deal will be up, and there’s a very real possibility that the TV contract bubble will pop.
Agreed. Even if the TV contract bubble simply flattens as opposed to bust, they will still lose money.

Furthermore, this places them deeper in the red to more than a half billion dollars, possibly a billion due to creative accounting, in their efforts to become a player. All while going from obscurity to ridicule.

Rutgers AD would fail any first year business student's scrutiny. They would me better off getting neighborhood kids that run lemonade stands to manage the AD that what they have now. At least kids know they have to pay for everything at some point or their parents are not going to give them more money to lose it.

They cant get out of their own way. There is no reason why Rutgers shouldnt be solid in football and basketball based on their location. I always thought that if they went big on a coach they would do well. Im glad they hired Ash as i was concerned they would hire Joe M from P State who in my opinion would have been a home run for them.

They cant get out of their own way. There is no reason why Rutgers shouldnt be solid in football and basketball based on their location. I always thought that if they went big on a coach they would do well. Im glad they hired Ash as i was concerned they would hire Joe M from P State who in my opinion would have been a home run for them.
thank god they did not hire marrone