The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 246 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I don't know. Does a coach just tuck his tail and accept he has no other options? It's kinda weird to deny him. What does that tell future coaching candidates?

Pretty sure he coached one year there. Im not sure I want a guy coaching my team who takes interviews after one year. I’d be fine sending that message.

Am I the only one who recalls the end of Jags tenure?

Pretty sure he coached one year there. Im not sure I want a guy coaching my team who takes interviews after one year. I’d be fine sending that message.

Am I the only one who recalls the end of Jags tenure?

It was an Nfl job, its not like he interviewed for the Rutgers job, you have to be somewhat reasonable when you are running a school.

Looks like he coached two years. I was off on that. I am clearly in minority here but I am of opinion I am fine firing someone looking for greener pastures. If Dino wanted to interview for another job, nfl or college, I am not sure how Id take it. I suppose I wouldnt want to fire him for doing so. So, i see the other side of it.

I’m sure you’re being hyperbolic but biggest win ever? That hurt me to even almost defend that urine cake of a program.
I just assume it was. lol I have never heard of rutgers hoops winning anything significant. I cant name one player that played for them. lol

... and we're still crying over that one. :(
Interesting Syracuse parallel here--

In 1975, the FF was UCLA, UK, LVille and SU. Lots of talking (and writing) that one of these does not belong.
In 1976, the FF was UCLA, IU, Mich, and RuRah. Hmm--one of these does not belong.

In the next 40 years, SU has been to 5 more FF's and won a national championship. RU--not so much.

So--one of these does not belong.

Rutgers will never be relevant. No matter how hard they try losing has been and will always be their destiny. It is in their DNA. If all of Rutgersville took the 23 and me test their collective results would simply read " Origin: Loser".
EPIC post. Tapped into your inner Cali there. Miss that guy.

Last edited:
Rivals is a joke. rutgers had a kid decommit yesterday, I know, thats a pretty standard thing lol. but his spot was immediately filled with a JUCO DB/LB (Malik Dixon) who was unranked. I checked rivals 30 mins later and now the kid is a 3 star. There’s no way he was evaluated during that time. Lakiem Williams is ranked Mid 3 star #5 OLB in the nation by 247 but was slapped with a 2 star 5.4 ranking by rivals. They didn’t evaluate him.

Last edited:
Rivals is a joke. rutgers had a kid decommit yesterday, I know, thats a pretty standard thing lol. but his spot was immediately filled with a JUCO DB/LB (Malik Dixon) who was unranked. I checked rivals 30 mins later and now the kid is a 3 star. There’s no way he was evaluated during that time. Lakiem Williams is ranked Mid 3 star #5 OLB in the nation by but was slapped with a 2 star 5.4 ranking by rivals. They didn’t evaluate him.
They went off of his evaluation from when he committed to Taggart at USF two years ago. Scout had him as a 3*. He was set to commit to Oregon and Taggart again when he left for FSU. He’s actually a very good pick up.

They went off of his evaluation from when he committed to Taggart at USF two years ago. Scout had him as a 3*. He was set to commit to Oregon and Taggart again when he left for FSU. He’s actually a very good pick up.
But, it's now 2 years later. He may or may not have developed. And why didn't Taggart take him along to Tallahassee?

Its about current film, he's a Juco player now. Ok Taggart likes him. Doesnt mean rivals should prioritize his rating right after he commits. Dixon is still not ranked by other sites but rivals put their stamp on him within 30 mins. Think about that.

Its about current film, he's a Juco player now. Ok Taggart likes him. Doesnt mean rivals should prioritize his rating right after he commits. Dixon is still not ranked by other sites but rivals put their stamp on him within 30 mins. Think about that.
And you also know how I feel about Rivals from my previous conversations.

But, it's now 2 years later. He may or may not have developed. And why didn't Taggart take him along to Tallahassee?
Agree with the first part (I wasn’t defending Rivals, just pointing out what they did) and I cant answer the second part. Not enough scholarships or no need at that position?

Agree with the first part (I wasn’t defending Rivals, just pointing out what they did) and I cant answer the second part. Not enough scholarships or no need at that position?
They are about to get a commitment from a D Lineman from sweden. Currently not rating by any sites. UCF is his only other offer. He should be a 2 star if anything.