The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 285 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Well I’m just saying during the same time span (05-08) RU also beat Pitt every year and I don’t remember RU fans being nearly as obnoxious toward the Pitt fans. That was always my thought as to why.
When you're good, you can't win. Run it up, and your jerks. Take a knee, and you're jerks.

Act like you've been there - on both sides. There's one side Rutgers hasn't been on. :)

Well I’m just saying during the same time span (05-08) RU also beat Pitt every year and I don’t remember RU fans being nearly as obnoxious toward the Pitt fans. That was always my thought as to why.
I think because SU and RU were competing head to head for recruits moreso than RU and Pitt and the fans of SU and RU had more contact than with Pitt fans and that is why the higher level of animosity.

Well, I was there in NJ the year before the 70 point win. We were crushing them 50-3 and in the red zone again with 5 minutes left in the game. We ran a couple plays into the line, and then took a couple knees. Shea and his coaches went nuts.

So the next year, we hung 70 on them. Be careful what you wish for...
very true i was at both those games---and we got blasted after the second game to by ru fans for running up the score. i am not sure which game it was but it was so bad we had benched everyone including both qb's and dee brown a running back(former qb recruit) to finished the game at qb.

very true i was at both those games---and we got blasted after the second game to by ru fans for running up the score. i am not sure which game it was but it was so bad we had benched everyone including both qb's and dee brown a running back(former qb recruit) to finished the game at qb.
Yep - it was something I never thought I'd see. Dee Brown at QB. Those Rutgers teams were so stunningly bad.

Kinda like this year's team. ;)

I guess it was the recruiting angle that caused more animosity. Still, other than the Glen Foley “toilet bowl” comment I can’t remember another Big East team whose actual players...not fans...verbally and otherwise disrespected Rutgers more than SU. There were some disparaging remarks made by Orange players to the media after the RU win in 2003 and that was also of course when Rich Scanlon from Bergen Catholic went after an RU fan during the game.

It doesn’t matter anymore. As I said, it’s over. Many long time die hard RU fans going back to the early 90’s even are saying they are giving up their season tickets unless Ash is removed. And he’s not going anywhere until the end of the 2019 season so there’s that. Also, most people including myself have zero confidence they will get the next hire right so their football program is pretty much dead. If there was still that Rutgers 1000 group that pushed for athletics to go 1-AA I’d join.

I guess it was the recruiting angle that caused more animosity. Still, other than the Glen Foley “toilet bowl” comment I can’t remember another Big East team whose actual players...not fans...verbally and otherwise disrespected Rutgers more than SU. There were some disparaging remarks made by Orange players to the media after the RU win in 2003 and that was also of course when Rich Scanlon from Bergen Catholic went after an RU fan during the game.

It doesn’t matter anymore. As I said, it’s over. Many long time die hard RU fans going back to the early 90’s even are saying they are giving up their season tickets unless Ash is removed. And he’s not going anywhere until the end of the 2019 season so there’s that. Also, most people including myself have zero confidence they will get the next hire right so their football program is pretty much dead. If there was still that Rutgers 1000 group that pushed for athletics to go 1-AA I’d join.
Someone is actually still updating the Rutgers 1000 site. Sure, it looks a Prodigy bulletin board (reached by AOL dial-up), but it's been updated this year. Whether or not that means the group is still in existence, I don't know.

i wish they still played princeton every few years, however if i was pinceton i would not agree to play ru. i was at the last rutgers princeton game

rutgers decommit marlyn johnson---we need to renew our recruiting with him. we already offered him previously.

How many recruits do they still have? They have to know Ash is going to be gone by 2019 and to be honest the next 2 classes are going to be a huge hole in their program, a black hole huge.

How many recruits do they still have? They have to know Ash is going to be gone by 2019 and to be honest the next 2 classes are going to be a huge hole in their program, a black hole huge.
i don't think ash will be gone--huge buyout. i hope he is still there as i think it will help our recruiting as he will be a nonfactor

This won’t be a popular post, but the reason for a lot of the obnoxious behavior was because in the 90’s Syracuse seemed to take more pleasure in beating up on Rutgers than most other opponents. True, Miami, VT and PSU all beat up on them too, but the memory of McNabb going for 70 on RU left a bad taste in people’s mouths.

So when RU improved and Syracuse had their struggles the RU fans got a little mouthy. So what? As much as you guys hate him, Schiano actually showed a little mercy in 2006 by pretty much handing off the entire second half vs the Orange which was definitely not what Cuse did with McNabb in ‘98 once the outcome was no longer in doubt.

I don't think Schiano's tactics in one game will be anywhere near enough to improve his image around here.

The guy was and probably still is a horrible human being. The Rutgers program under his leadership was built on a foundation of lies. Lies that somehow they were going to win a National Championship. Lies that Rutgers was somehow associated with NYC. He would take recruits from Florida there and never told them that this was probably the only time they'd ever see it and that they couldn't afford anything there. Lies about the dangers of the turf in the Carrier Dome.

He got out of there just in time before the deceit of the blue skies he was selling was exposed. That business about contending for a NC in the future only lasts so long.

THe SU people saw through this. I don't think you'll find another opposing coach that SU fans so revile. Even arch-villain John Thompson gets grudging respect from the Orange faithful

I don't think Schiano's tactics in one game will be anywhere near enough to improve his image around here.

The guy was and probably still is a horrible human being. The Rutgers program under his leadership was built on a foundation of lies. Lies that somehow they were going to win a National Championship. Lies that Rutgers was somehow associated with NYC. He would take recruits from Florida there and never told them that this was probably the only time they'd ever see it and that they couldn't afford anything there. Lies about the dangers of the turf in the Carrier Dome.

He got out of there just in time before the deceit of the blue skies he was selling was exposed. That business about contending for a NC in the future only lasts so long.

THe SU people saw through this. I don't think you'll find another opposing coach that SU fans so revile. Even arch-villain John Thompson gets grudging respect from the Orange faithful

I get the issue with Schiano but don’t act like Pasqualoni and Deleone never negative recruited Rutgers.

agree about schiano. nyc is a 20-30 minute train ride from the campus--so they could see it if they wanted.--the rest is probably true as i believe he was/is a dirtbag. that said he shut us out of nj, is a very good defensive coord.---the only redeeming value is his ongoing support for the former player eric legrand who was paralyzed

Whatever happened to that Twitter account that use to congratulate Rutgers decomitts for the best decision of their lives?

I get the issue with Schiano but don’t act like Pasqualoni and Deleone never negative recruited Rutgers.

C’mon man, P & D were riding the momentum of coaching nationally ranked teams throughout the 80s & 90s.

They didn’t need to negatively recruit against Rutgers because they were selling a vastly superior product for 80% of their tenure.

One doesn’t need to negatively recruit against a tomato can they dominated.

i wish they still played princeton every few years, however if i was pinceton i would not agree to play ru. i was at the last rutgers princeton game
Since they stand less than zero chance of going to a bowl game, they might as well. (An explanation, since Princeton doesn’t give scholarships, a game against them doesn’t count for bowl eligibility.)
Maryland's stadium looks hideous. That extra deck was such a mistake.
In an unbelievable number of ways. The committee selected by Yow, the then-AD, told her not to do it. She did it anyway and that was the biggest cause of the financial problems that made them go to the B1G. Yow is now AD at NC State.

The Twerps were up 24-0 with 2 minutes left in the half.

Rutgers qb is 2-10 in first half with 8 yards and 2 ints. Lol. Equal number of completions as ints and single digit passing yards.

Halftime stats: the Girls have a whopping 41 yards of total offense.
1539451913819.png