The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 345 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

See the article linked above. Schiano left the Pats to be available for the Rutgers job.
What's the upside to taking the job? As mediocre as he was he's considered a god by rutgirls fans he can come only ruin it. He's not competing against grob ptt usf and lville these are the big boys.

I am not convinced he will be able to recruit like he used to. Too much information is available, his record speaks for itself +1 game over .500 after 11 or 12 years. Walked out on his team once (and never showed for the Pats job). Prior HC stint at Rutgers was while in the Big East, this stint would be in the B1G East; four built in losses (UM, tOSU, PSU, MState). No FCS opponents to pad states. Must play 9 conference games and one other P5, leaving 2 games for the G5, most of whom are already better than Rutgers.

I also think he will demand $4-$5MM, not sure they could get him for Ash' salary. Regardless, he would be a stupid hire, would require a minimum of 5 years to rebuild and would need a first rate OC and DC to even have a chance at success. With Rutgers historical fiscal frivolities, they are not likely to commit $8MM-$10MM for a new staff, along with Schiano's demands for certain perks. Yes, they are getting BTN checks but not yet receiving the full payout; regardless, they are still taking out loans from the school, student fee monies and running in the red, they are already behind the eight ball.

Schiano would be a bad hire for us, he wouldn’t make it any easier on the recruiting front. Some guys can find a way to recruit even with fake wins or poor records and he’s one of them.

That’s false. We barely recruit NJ or downstate and we aren’t going head to head with them for anybody in any other state. It’s not 2004. NJ is picked over by the BIg 10 now. That’s his competition not us.

Schiano would be a bad hire for us, he wouldn’t make it any easier on the recruiting front. Some guys can find a way to recruit even with fake wins or poor records and he’s one of them.
Recruiting against mich OSU ped St will be a much different story.

Recruiting against mich OSU ped St will be a much different story.
Thing is, he's become such a legend in NJ, he could get them back to respectability.

And by respectability, I mean 4-8 annually.

Some of that NJ that leaks out if NJ will stay home for him.

Thing is, he's become such a legend in NJ, he could get them back to respectability.

I have a friend who is a Rutgers grad and a darn good hs coach. He hated schiano to the point that he couldn't root for his alma mater while he was there . He's not as popular as you'd think.

He can’t. He’s not recruiting against the watered down big east. He’s recruiting against the big 10. OSU, mich and pedo are going to get who they want by any means necessary. And he’ll still have to contend with Neb, Maryland, Iowa and the others. These schools are saturated in NJ.

Do they have commits we were after?

OK kiddies, here are Rutgers 2020 commits w/SU offers, according to that site that never sleeps:

Evan Simon, Pro-style QB, 6-2, 200, Mannheim (PA) Central

Jerrold Pough, S, 6-0, 170, McArthur (Hollywood, FL). Lotsa great offers.

Elijuwan Mack, S, 6-0, 185, St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, NJ)

DT Isaiah Wright, DT, 6-5, 275, St. Joe's (Montvale, NJ) shows SU interest, but no SU offer.

He can’t. He’s not recruiting against the watered down big east. He’s recruiting against the big 10. OSU, mich and pedo are going to get who they want by any means necessary. And he’ll still have to contend with Neb, Maryland, Iowa and the others. These schools are saturated in NJ.
Totally understand that. But given his stature there, I think he'd be able to keep some of those kids home. Hope I'm wrong. I don't want to see the Girls anywhere close to respectable.

That’s false. We barely recruit NJ or downstate and we aren’t going head to head with them for anybody in any other state. It’s not 2004. NJ is picked over by the BIg 10 now. That’s his competition not us.

I said, “any easier” - reading comprehension...

It’s not like we have no NYC or NJ players on the team and it’s not like we don’t ever offer kids from those areas.

Also, who Ash recruited and who Schiano could try to recruit are two different things. If you don’t think Schiano/Rutgers will start showing up on offer lists of players were recruiting too you’re crazy.

Putting this stuff together really isn’t that difficult. But I laid it out for you anyway.

I said, “any easier” - reading comprehension...

It’s not like we have no NYC or NJ players on the team and it’s not like we don’t ever offer kids from those areas.

Also, who Ash recruited and who Schiano could try to recruit are two different things. If you don’t think Schiano/Rutgers will start showing up on offer lists of players were recruiting too you’re crazy.

Putting this stuff together really isn’t that difficult. But I laid it out for you anyway.

It won’t be any harder either.

Excluding jucos we literally have 4 kids from NYC and NJ and 1 from Long Island. Big deal.

They won’t be real competition for the areas we primarily target. We recruit Maryland/DC, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Michigan. Sprinkled in with the obvious; Canada, Ny, NJ, PA and New England. Where I see some potential competition is with the Canadian kids. You will rarely see Schiano chasing us around. Schiano will be a complete non factor in our recruiting.

Wasn't Schiano the guy that basically went after any kid SU showed interest in? We all know he lied through his teeth to get recruits and he has a sleaze factor, thus his nickname "Shady".

Anyway, if you are in the know, please correct my comments. I am going from memory and I obviously did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

It won’t be any harder either.

Excluding jucos we literally have 4 kids from NYC and NJ and 1 from Long Island. Big deal.

They won’t be real competition for the areas we primarily target. We recruit Maryland/DC, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Michigan. Sprinkled in with the obvious; Canada, Ny, NJ, PA and New England. Where I see some potential competition is with the Canadian kids. You will rarely see Schiano chasing us around. Schiano will be a complete non factor in our recruiting.

So half the places we already recruit are the ones Schiano also recruited fairly well. I mean, all you have to do is look at the recruits committed to Rutgers from 2010 and a few years back. I looked it up just to make sure I wasn’t remembering it incorrectly but it was exactly as I remembered. Thus exactly why I wrote what I wrote.

Maybe you’re just trolling anything I post the past few weeks. I don’t know. Done responding with you.

Now that Ash is gone, RU is automatically better than SU:

(change "rovals" to "rivals")

From the thread:

"Syracuse makes fun of RU because they are incredibly threatened by us. It’s painfully obvious. Same reason people on here make fun of Penn state, unfortunately. "

"How many games would Greg Schiano win with Syracuse's schedule?"

"Oh I like it.

RU fires Ash.
Hires Babers away from SU.

SU hires Schiano!"

Hollywood cannot make up garbage like this.

Lou Holtz is still around. Around 150. But still around!

Imagine somebody needs to bump the old thread about us hiring Ash.

Have you seen the movie Scanners? Just watch the first scene where a dude’s head explodes, and watch it over and over and over again

Now that Ash is gone, RU is automatically better than SU:

(change "rovals" to "rivals")

From the thread:

"Syracuse makes fun of RU because they are incredibly threatened by us. It’s painfully obvious. Same reason people on here make fun of Penn state, unfortunately. "

"How many games would Greg Schiano win with Syracuse's schedule?"

"Oh I like it.

RU fires Ash.
Hires Babers away from SU.

SU hires Schiano!"

Hollywood cannot make up garbage like this.

So they’ll dumb down the schedule even more - play UConn, UMass, and New Mexico State every year to try and start with 3 wins. Try to win 1 or 2 games against other bad Big Ten teams, finish 4-8 or 5-7 and they’ll applaud themselves as a national power.

I’m curious if any of them ever look at opposing teams’ message boards and see how hard they get ridiculed. And not just about Ash, about everything that is associated with Rutgers.

schiano killed us in recruiting nj talent.
this is an old story i do not want to get into---schiano had a significant impact on us recruiting and otherwise. we all know his history, and connection to nj. we all know his character and approach. we all know that he took ru for a ride financially
i know that i value nj/nyc/li talent----i do feel that dinos persona can offset schiano should he be the ru coach---personally, i am not convinced that they hire him