The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 377 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

zip it? Why cause it’s not what you want to hear. This hire will hurt our recruiting in New Jersey. A state that we absolutely need to do well in to be successful.The top tier kids will continue to go to penn state, bama etc, but the second tier kid will be harder to get on campus.

we don’t absolutely need NJ to be successful, and I doubt he’ll have it zipped up that tight anyways

was it Shady that killed our recruiting in NJ before or was that Gerg and on the field results?

we don’t absolutely need NJ to be successful, and I doubt he’ll have it zipped up that tight anyways

was it Shady that killed our recruiting in NJ before or was that Gerg and on the field results?
It was Shady, the results, and George DeLeone had the NJ coaches connection. When P and D were let go, the NJ coaches weren’t happy I remember. Thus, allowing Shady to hit us hard.

We absolutely need NJ. There are a ton of good players in NJ even after PSU etc have their pick. And, some of them want to go to school near home.

Its not necessarily going to hurt us, it really won't. Where it will impact is their recruiting. They will get top 20 PA and NJ kids, top 10 NY kids. It will make their roster better. It will change the perception of the program. Yes it will still be 6-6, 7-5. But that's where we are hoping to be soon too. They won't be a doormat. And yes they may take a kid or two that we want over time. The biggest impact will be the benefit they get from improvement in depth and quality, which will improve perception of the program.

I don’t see Rutgers reaching 7-5 anytime in the near future.

We don’t need Nj? Just stop it

1. What exactly do you think that proves? I don’t see a single NJ kid on that list.

2. You are missing my point

NJ has some studs. Those studs SU has never gotten and will never get. NJ does not have a lot of quality depth of players. Once you get past those top players you get a bunch of over hyped, overrated, over starred players. Do I need to go through all the busts?

On top of that NJ is over recruited. It doesn’t make sense to mine a state like that. We need to find under recruited players not over recruited ones. Also what does it matter if we get a three star kid from NJ vs NY, CT, PA, OH, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, or FL?

I am from Jersey and find it funny that so many here overate they talent here.

Obviously there are so many factors it's tough to account for all things that go into the recruitments of an individual but location plays a factor in some regards most definitely. We probably aren't going to dip down into the south and pull a 4 star that has his pick of the litter, much more probable that a kid from the north or playing up north wants to stay north. Hypothetically if we had built upon our 10 win season and got 7-8 wins at least this year I'd like to think we were in line to compete for some higher ranked kids. If we recruit the NE prep scene and NJ better it's not going to hurt and that should most definitely be a recruiting pipeline we try to build up. It's B1G territory currently with Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State pulling whoever they want if they push hard enough, that's not a trend that's going to change in most scenarios. But say the staff identifies a prospect early, Syracuse is one of their top schools throughout even after they blow up and get most of their offers, that's going to be a target the staff will at least have a chance to close on, and if their family isn't too far away from Cuse that's not going to hurt either.

1. What exactly do you think that proves? I don’t see a single NJ kid on that list.

2. You are missing my point

NJ has some studs. Those studs SU has never gotten and will never get. NJ does not have a lot of quality depth of players. Once you get past those top players you get a bunch of over hyped, overrated, over starred players. Do I need to go through all the busts?

On top of that NJ is over recruited. It doesn’t make sense to mine a state like that. We need to find under recruited players not over recruited ones. Also what does it matter if we get a three star kid from NJ vs NY, CT, PA, OH, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, or FL?

I am from Jersey and find it funny that so many here overate they talent here.
My mistake for not sorting. Look again and you will learn: 2020 Top Football Recruits in New Jersey

Heres what schiano hire will do. Theyll land a couple of nice recruits out of the gate. Then, said recruits will get curbed stomped in their division. Then, the shine of schiano will have worn off and rutgers will be right back to where they were before the schiano hire. I am guessing that happens as quickly as year two.

also, think of all the great stuff schiano did. His biggest win ever was against good not great lville, and whatever he did do, it was in a watered down big east. Babers eclipsed schianos success within 3 years.

that being said, still wish they didnt hire him because he may go 4-8, 5-7 instead of 2-10.

Heres what schiano hire will do. Theyll land a couple of nice recruits out of the gate. Then, said recruits will get curbed stomped in their division. Then, the shine of schiano will have worn off and rutgers will be right back to where they were before the schiano hire. I am guessing that happens as quickly as year two.

also, think of all the great stuff schiano did. His biggest win ever was against good not great lville, and whatever he did do, it was in a watered down big east. Babers eclipsed schianos success within 3 years.

that being said, still wish they didnt hire him because he may go 4-8, 5-7 instead of 2-10.

Yup. Pretty sure he was 20 games under .500 in the Big East in his first stint. Even if you throw out his first 3-4 years as building years, he was still .500 at best in the league at his peak. He got good talent for Rutgers, and they played good defense and special teams. But they were always horrible on offense, and never played good football. Always a Gameday train wreck who sometimes would win ugly, against P5 schools. They never really played anyone “good”. They’ve got 3-4 built in blowout losses no matter what, now. They’ve gotta hope to go .500 at best against the middle-bottom Big Ten teams. 6-6 ceiling. Probably 3-5 wins most years.

You can never have enough Jersey Power.
Just 4 Jersey kids on the roster this year and 5 wins. Pick up 1 extra NJ kid every year and we're looking at what? 10, 11 win seasons?

Do we gotta deal with all their dads too?

I picture the whole state(and our one former poster) being like Tony Soprano and his goons at his daughter’s soccer games, trying to intimidate the refs, coach, etc.

zip it? Why cause it’s not what you want to hear. This hire will hurt our recruiting in New Jersey. A state that we absolutely need to do well in to be successful.The top tier kids will continue to go to penn state, bama etc, but the second tier kid will be harder to get on campus.

I took your response to mean that we were going to all of a sudden going to lose to them next year because of one hire. Like, “we’ll pack it up because Rutgers just hired someone good so we can’t possibly win”. If I mistook what you were saying I apologize.

Reminder: Shady built his record at Rutgers in a watered down Big East that only had 8 teams, therefore they scheduled 5 OOC patsies. They only get 3 OOCs now and with SU, Temple and BC coming up they don’t get too many win opportunities. Then add in the divisional beatdowns and crossover games and he is a dead man coaching

Do we gotta deal with all their dads too?

I picture the whole state(and our one former poster) being like Tony Soprano and his goons at his daughter’s soccer games, trying to intimidate the refs, coach, etc.
Bada Bing