The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 379 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I'm not sure anyone here is arguing that we should stop recruiting NJ. The argument is do we "need" NJ - which is akin to "it should be priority number 1 in recruiting." That is false.

The other argument is that we should be nervous because of Shady is false bunk too. We don't depend on NJ - and they won't be able to sustain enough success to hurt the few kids we do get.

(Also, somewhere in the gargantuan thread is a back and forth with Tipp about being worried about Ash and their shutting us out of NJ, lol.)

i was wondering when this last ditch comment would be made. its like cursing as when someone has nothing of value to add.
Kind of like most of your comments on your team.

I'm going to add a few things based on a bunch of previous comments.

Jersey or not, we've been pissing in the wind since 2001.

Is it correct that we don't have alot of Jersey kids on the roster? Yes. Is it true that we sent out alot of Jersey offers? Yes. Is it true that most of the were turned down? Yes. Is it true that our recruiting sits at the bottom of the ACC...YES. Figure it out....

The girls are pushing all in. The Ash buyout, Schiano demands, comp for assistants, etc. It is simple, either this works and gets them to their full share when they expect that their balance sheets get fixed or the the Academia at Rutgers finally revolts when they can't fill the stadium in 5 years and can't pay back the money to the general fund and burns the program back to FCS.

Is it correct that we don't have alot of Jersey kids on the roster? Yes. Is it true that we sent out alot of Jersey offers? Yes. Is it true that most of the were turned down? Yes. Is it true that our recruiting sits at the bottom of the ACC...YES. Figure it out...

The girls are pushing all in. The Ash buyout, Schiano demands, comp for assistants, etc. It is simple, either this works and gets them to their full share when they expect that their balance sheets get fixed or the the Academia at Rutgers finally revolts when they can't fill the stadium in 5 years and can't pay back the money to the general fund and burns the program back to FCS.
i like what you say, but ru will never run out of money. academia can revolt all they want. research dollars are big at ru but that is another story. state politics drive the bus and has driven it at ru for years. all the powers that be, their donors, and dare i say stadium namers are all in.
my biggest concern is that we are the bottom feeder recruiting wise in the acc, and have been.
i had hopes, when the gov offered state help for facilities--that went by the wayside and set the city and county waaaay back. no need to dwell on that!!! Rutgers is only 1 recruiting issue, i would like to see what dino and the ad say is the biggest recruiting issue is, and what do we need to do to fix that

Last edited:
Its the name of the joint. Im half Italian and my Dads from Jersey. We have a place on the beach block in Avalon. Grow up.
you sir , are a very lucky man. avalon is beautiful ---i tipp my hat you!!!!!

Is it correct that we don't have alot of Jersey kids on the roster? Yes. Is it true that we sent out alot of Jersey offers? Yes. Is it true that most of the were turned down? Yes. Is it true that our recruiting sits at the bottom of the ACC...YES. Figure it out...

If they're betting everything on Schiano . . .

If they're betting everything on Schiano . . .

They are. And why wouldn't they? Only one person in their history has had any amount of success at all. No one else can do it.

But that person is walking into an entirely different world, and he knows it. He also knows it's his only choice for a payout, after what happened with Tennessee. Fair or not, no one else will hire him.

It's a marriage made in he (complete that word any way you'd like).

They are. And why wouldn't they? Only one person in their history has had any amount of success at all. No one else can do it.

But that person is walking into an entirely different world, and he knows it. He also knows it's his only choice for a payout, after what happened with Tennessee. Fair or not, no one else will hire him.

It's a marriage made in he (complete that word any way you'd like).
Desperation.

Desperation.
you are right that they hoping schiano will take them back out of the abyss and he will have some success. you are wrong about the only coach to have success. frank burns was a great coach for them and played alabama to a standstill and beat tennessee . he did so with no or administrative support. facilities and second tier players..(equivalent to our last archbold years.) he was fired when they gave him a division 1 scheduel with no administrative support . by the way he interviewed for the su job when we hired maloney,

you are right that they hoping schiano will take them back out of the abyss and he will have some success. you are wrong about the only coach to have success. frank burns was a great coach for them and played alabama to a standstill and beat tennessee . he did so with no or administrative support. facilities and second tier players..(equivalent to our last archbold years.) he was fired when they gave him a division 1 scheduel with no administrative support . by the way he interviewed for the su job when we hired maloney,
1576104296328.png

And Margaret Houlihan was team trainer.

On a recent episode of Artie Lange’s new podcast, his sidekick mentions that Rutgers played in the first college football game, 150 years ago. That leads to Artie saying:

“By the way, that’s the last game Rutgers won. Rutgers in the Big Ten. Nothing like a stadium rocking in Ann Arbor and Rutgers is coming in to play Michigan. What’s the line, 84?”

On a recent episode of Artie Lange’s new podcast, his sidekick mentions that Rutgers played in the first college football game, 150 years ago. That leads to Artie saying:

“By the way, that’s the last game Rutgers won. Rutgers in the Big Ten. Nothing like a stadium rocking in Ann Arbor and Rutgers is coming in to play Michigan. What’s the line, 84?”

"Hi Fred"

According to 247 Schiano’s best class was 2009. That year this is what he did in NJ:

0.0 of the Top 5
2 of the Top 10
4 of the Top 15
4 of the Top 20
6 of the Top 25

I am sure that he will do better being the the B1G but let’s not act like he built a wall.

According to 247 Schiano’s best class was 2009. That year this is what he did in NJ:

0.0 of the Top 5
2 of the Top 10
4 of the Top 15
4 of the Top 20
6 of the Top 25

I am sure that he will do better being the the B1G but let’s not act like he built a wall.

Revisionist short term history. Nobody ever said he was going to build a wall around NJ, except phatorange saying other people said that.

Some people said he would be a pain in the butt on the recruiting trail because he’s now going to be recruiting some of the same players as us. Other people then put words in people’s mouths about NJ recruiting and have run with it for a week or so.

Revisionist short term history. Nobody ever said he was going to build a wall around NJ, except phatorange saying other people said that.

Some people said he would be a pain in the butt on the recruiting trail because he’s now going to be recruiting some of the same players as us. Other people then put words in people’s mouths about NJ recruiting and have run with it for a week or so.
Actually, he originally did say that.

da heck are you talking about? What did I say?

da heck are you talking about? What did I say?

Maybe it wasn’t you, someone gave me crap for saying if Schiano got hired he would be a pain in the butt for us and we really need to get another big time recruiter. My apologies if that wasn’t you.

Maybe it wasn’t you, someone gave me crap for saying if Schiano got hired he would be a pain in the butt for us and we really need to get another big time recruiter. My apologies if that wasn’t you.
Well, I didn’t say that either, but whoever did...was right.