The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 378 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

We’re rather targeted in these 3 states. Meaning we don’t waste a lot of time with certain kids. This class we have 1 PA kid, 2 NJ kids and 1 N.Y. Are we suddenly going to lose them in the coming years? Like zero kids from these states? No

People seem to be having trouble separating 2003 and the old big easy with the current conference realignment.

And let me tell ya what to worry about. Jeff Hafley at BC. And buttgers fans are crapping their pants about that one to because that guy will be all over New Jersey.
oh i get it now---bc will be all over nj which means that you think nj is significant, but do not care if we are. we have been so good we do not need to be there---thanks for the clarity

oh i get it now---bc will be all over nj which means that you think nj is significant, but do not care if we are. we have been so good we do not need to be there---thanks for the clarity

there's an argument to be made that we should have a better presence in NJ and that recruiting overall needs to improve to take the next step - the fallacy is believing that the two are dependent on each other.

Ah no. It's significant for BC because of their relationship with the Catholic schools. And Hafley is a NJ native and worked NJ hard when he was at Pitt and Rutgers the first time. RU fans if given the choice would want the guy on their staff.

I'd continue to focus efforts on PA, MD/DC/VA, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Our conference footprint where kids can leave home and still play in front of their family and friends. I'd recruit NJ when kids showed genuine interest. I wouldn't waste my time going up against any blue blood down there. NJ kids are like NYC kids, they have stars in their eyes and their egos are way bigger than their actual talent. If they think they can play at a bigger school that's where they'll go because it's all about the show. We have zero % chance to beat OSU, Ped State, Michigan, Florida etc for any kid in NJ. And after that top grouping why bother. It makes little sense to battle a dozen or more schools for a kid who's no better than the same kid in Carolina where there's less competition.

*Now I will add, if we had a guy on our staff like Hafley then it would make sense but otherwise I truly don't care.

RU is getting ready to spend $750k plus on TAMU's DL coach Elijah Robinson. Wherever he goes he will bring his 2 top 5 NJ recruits with him. And Sean Gleeson is definitely happening for them too just a matter of announcing the hire now.

BC is apparently bidding against RU for Robinson but I don't think they're willing to spend that much on a position coach. They will probably have to offer him DC and a similar salary

RU is getting ready to spend $750k plus on TAMU's DL coach Elijah Robinson. Wherever he goes he will bring his 2 top 5 NJ recruits with him. And Sean Gleeson is definitely happening for them too just a matter of announcing the hire now.

BC is apparently bidding against RU for Robinson but I don't think they're willing to spend that much on a position coach. They will probably have to offer him DC and a similar salary

750K on a DLine coach? I love that buttgers is overpaying on coaches. You guys are going to be so far upside down that when none of this works out it won't ever be fixable.

Here is a good rule to go by: message boards rarely get it right when it comes to who is joining the staff.

Also how can BC without a HC be in a bidding war for a DL coach. You can’t believe everything you read on the internet especially when the source is moron RU fans.

Last edited:

Tamu is loaded they should be able to keep him.

750K on a DLine coach? I love that buttgers is overpaying on coaches. You guys are going to be so far upside down that when none of this works out it won't ever be fixable.
funny how ru always comes up with money when they are broke

This staff offered 24, 29 and 24 players from NJ for the 2018-2020 classes. It is the state with the 3rd most offers under this staff since they took over. NJ only trails Florida and Georgia as far as offers from the current staff.

Those arguing that we have/or should abandon NJ are ******* in the wind. Its not happening nor should it. Imo, The RU hate blinds some other-wise intelligent posters in this regard.

The hiring of a NJ staff at RU doesn't end our program but it certainly doesn't help us trying to get back into that state on a more consistent basis. I really don't understand all of the deflection stating otherwise.

This staff offered 24, 29 and 24 players from NJ for the 2018-2020 classes. It is the state with the 3rd most offers under this staff since they took over. NJ only trails Florida and Georgia as far as offers from the current staff.

Those arguing that we have/or should abandon NJ are ******* in the wind. Its not happening nor should it. Imo, The RU hate blinds some other-wise intelligent posters in this regard.

The hiring of a NJ staff at RU doesn't end our program but it certainly doesn't help us trying to get back into that state on a more consistent basis. I really don't understand all of the deflection stating otherwise.
Those that are arguing that we NEED Jersey are also ******** in the wind.

You should read up on the concept of credit. It's a fascinating system.

You should also consider just rooting for them. I think it might make you happier.
He does

I dont think Schiano impacts us in NJ, we have no presence in Jersey. That in itself is an issue.

Wins will bring us momentum in Jersey, DC, Baltimore and the DMV. That is where we need to regain ground. We lost ground this year in Maryland imho.

And yet none of those kids came here and it wasn’t because Ash was winning them. That’s largely the point.

Per posters who'd know

Sniff... Sniff... Sniff...

The M.O. hasn't changed in 20 years

This guarantees the ultimate bankruptcy of the athletics dept at Rutgers, as well as the forced retirement of the football program when this all fails over the next 5-6 years.

What do you do when you have a burning ship? Well throw a boatload of money at it, of course!

Enjoy it, Rutgirls. Your last dance has just begun... we're all anxious for the fireworks at the end.

I guess I don’t understand how everyone here wants us to recruit NY more, but wants to talk down on guys like Rondo, whi we put hope in for the DT position in the future, or our own QB, not to mention our #2 WR and as recently as last year our starting RB. Guys like Wimbush, Gary, Peppers, Minka Fitzpatrick, Chris Hogan, Mark Ingram, Joe Flacco just to name a few not including those who were on our teams in the 90’s and ‘00’s. Yes they often go to SEC and B1G schools. That is in part because we weren’t able to get them post 2004. That must be because they were overrated or we didn’t see the use in recruiting the first or second most talent rich state in our recruiting area. I love that we are looking to Canada, but that means we should give up on NJ? So odd

Its the name of the joint. Im half Italian and my Dads from Jersey. We have a place on the beach block in Avalon. Grow up.

I get the reference. I live around the corner. My reply was meant for the boring azz response from Dw
“Do we gotta deal with all their dads too?
I picture the whole state(and our one former poster) being like Tony Soprano and his goons at his daughter’s soccer games, trying to intimidate the refs, coach, etc.