The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 384 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I just did a quick analysis of 2-4-7. Here’s what I got.

NJ has a top 100 and no kids ranked past #50 are committed to a P5 school. Here’s their top 25 and where they’re committed to in order of ranking.

Ohio State
Open
Ohio State*
aTm
Michigan***morant
Michigan
Notre Dame
Purdue
aTm
Stanford
BC
Penn State*
West Virginia
Michigan
Miami*
Villanova ?
Notre Dame
Maryland
Rutgers
BC
Pitt
Georgia
Rutgers
Rutgers
Rutgers

*indicates players Syracuse invested time in
***legacy
-The two we have committed Pena, Lowery, are ranked btw 30-35

Florida. Florida has rankings out past 300 kids. There are 11 kids ranked between #200 & #269 committed to Power 5 schools. The last kid at #269 would be ranked #47 in New Jersey. Coincidentally he’s going to Rutgers.

we are bringing in 4 kids from Florida possibly 5. Ranked; #70 ?, #90, #102, #136, #146.

The 5 of them, would be ranked #’s 14, 17, 20, 28 and 30 in NJ.

here’s the rub, the offers the Florida 5 carry are way beyond their rankings.

in order of ranking:

#70 Kentron Poitier - decides tomorrow between Syracuse, Florida and Florida State. He OV’d to all 3. Offer sheet includes Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Georgia, Michigan, Tennessee, you get the picture

#90 Latarie Kinsler - OV’d to LVille (former Commit) & Nebraska. Offers from Miami, Tennessee, Oregon, Kentucky, Penn State, LSU, Oregon, aTm, Washington, Missouri, Indian, Purdue, Illinois, USC, South Carolina

#102 Damien Alford - OV’d to UVA, cancelled Pitt. Offers from Florida, FSU, Georgia, GT, Kentucky, Miami, NC State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Rutgers, Tennessee, West Virginia, Washington State

#136 Robert Hanna - committed to Syracuse In June and shut it down. No other OVs. Offers - BC, Miami, Maryland, Louisville, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Rutgers, Washington State

#146 - Ja’Vontae Williams - 1 OV Syr. Kid just qualified about 2 weeks ago. Even with non qual status had received offers from Miami, Oregon, Illinois, Indiana. Could probably make an arguement for a lot more attention had he been a full qualifier all along.

I think it’s clear why we go to Florida and why we don’t put a lot of effort into NJ. (Though we put more effort into NJ early spring until we know where we stand and kids fall out). We’re not winning any of those top 20 kids in NJ who all went to blue bloods outside of a few outliers. we invested a lot of time into several of them to including Morant. They’re not interested so why bother for the scraps when the kids in the other states are better.

N.Y. Our FL kids would be ranked 5, 7, 8, 13 and 18 in New York. But let’s be honest, sporting those offers in NY they would be ranked 1 thru 5.

If we're going to aspire to be a top 25 team on a consistent basis then we need to be in on some of these top 20 kids in NJ. If we're not then it's unlikely that we'll achieve consistent top 25 status. It's seems very strange to me that we would cede NJ to bigger out of the area programs.

In any event, why not put resources into Fla and NJ? Why does it have to be one or the other? And let's sure as hell put resources in NJ as opposed to the other surrounding states as that is where the talent is abundant as compared to NY, CT, DEL, MA etc.

I'll let you have the last word.

If we're going to aspire to be a top 25 team on a consistent basis then we need to be in on some of these top 20 kids in NJ. If we're not then it's unlikely that we'll achieve consistent top 25 status. It's seems very strange to me that we would cede NJ to bigger out of the area programs.

In any event, why not put resources into Fla and NJ? Why does it have to be one or the other? And let's sure as hell put resources in NJ as opposed to the other surrounding states as that is where the talent is abundant as compared to NY, CT, DEL, MA etc.

I'll let you have the last word.

We don’t necessarily cede it but we clearly pick and choose our battles and don’t emphasize it. We were in it for the LB until he picked Miami. What are you going to do? Those kids all think they’re movie stars. Morant wanted nothing to do with following Dads footsteps here. How much time are you going to spend?

They have not had the combo of the Shady mystique and the lure of the BigTen. Yes they get beat, and while that seems likely to continue even with Shady, it seems likely they will get more competitive. If that happens, he can pitch "we're one player away" and anyone leaning to the bright lights of a game in Happy Valley, The Big House, or The Horseshoe just might be sold. This isn't a pitch that involves beating Louisville on a Friday at SHI house, this is playing in some college football cathedrals. That is something different (not necessarily better, but different) than either we or BC or Pitt can offer. That is something Shady has never been able to offer a Rutgers target. That pitch doesn't require winning... yet.

I think you’re probably underselling the ACC a bit. But yeah - they will get a bump from Shady’s mystique (just threw up). But they’d better turn that into wins, or it will be the same as it ever was. And we already finished 2nd, beat Clemson, 10 wins.

I just did a basic analysis of 2-4-7. Here’s what I got.

NJ has a top 100 and no kids ranked past #50 are committed to a P5 school. Here’s their top 25 and where they’re committed to in order of ranking.

Ohio State
Open
Ohio State*
aTm
Michigan***morant
Michigan
Notre Dame
Purdue
aTm
Stanford
BC
Penn State*
West Virginia
Michigan
Miami*
Villanova ?
Notre Dame
Maryland
Rutgers
BC
Pitt
Georgia
Rutgers
Rutgers
Rutgers

*indicates players Syracuse invested time in
***legacy
-The two we have committed Pena, Lowery, are ranked btw 30-35

Florida. Florida has rankings out past 300 kids. There are 11 kids ranked between #200 & #269 committed to Power 5 schools. The last kid at #269 would be ranked #47 in New Jersey. Coincidentally he’s going to Rutgers.

we are bringing in 4 kids from Florida possibly 5. Ranked; #70 ?, #90, #102, #136, #146.

The 5 of them would be ranked in New Jersey at #’s 14, 17, 20, 28 and 30. Big difference. From #90 in FL to #17 in NJ.

here’s the rub, the offers the Florida 5 carry are way beyond their rankings.

in order of ranking:

#70 Kentron Poitier - decides tomorrow between Syracuse, Florida and Florida State. He OV’d to all 3. Offer sheet includes Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Georgia, Michigan, Tennessee, you get the picture

#90 Latarie Kinsler - OV’d to LVille (former Commit) & Nebraska. Offers from Miami, Tennessee, Oregon, Kentucky, Penn State, LSU, Oregon, aTm, Washington, Missouri, Indian, Purdue, Illinois, USC, South Carolina

#102 Damien Alford - OV’d to UVA, cancelled Pitt. Offers from Florida, FSU, Georgia, GT, Kentucky, Miami, NC State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Rutgers, Tennessee, West Virginia, Washington State

#136 Robert Hanna - committed to Syracuse In June and shut it down. No other OVs. Offers - BC, Miami, Maryland, Louisville, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Rutgers, Washington State

#146 - Ja’Vontae Williams - 1 OV Syr. Kid just qualified about 2 weeks ago. Even with non qual status had received offers from Miami, Oregon, Illinois, Indiana. Could probably make an arguement for a lot more attention had he been a full qualifier all along.

I think it’s clear why we go to Florida and why we don’t put a lot of effort into NJ. (Though we put more effort into NJ early spring until we know where we stand and kids fall out). We’re not winning any of those top 20 kids in NJ who all went to blue bloods outside of a few outliers. we invested a lot of time into several of them to including Morant. They’re not interested so why bother for the scraps when the kids in the other states are better.

N.Y. Our FL kids would be ranked 5, 7, 8, 13 and 18 in New York. But let’s be honest, sporting those offers in NY they would be ranked 1 thru 5.

Thank you, you actually made my point from a week ago or so. Schiano is going to be a pain in the butt because he’s going to recruit Florida heavily as he did before and go after similar players as us. As he will in other places. NJ doesn’t matter. The Schiano/NJ debate doesn’t matter. The Schiano being a thorn in our side in places we should be or are recruiting, that’s what matters.

Both Shady and NJ recruits getting overrated by the board is inspiring freakout

tried to make it a haiku and failed

It’s like 2 people. Hardly a board freakout. The board freakout occurred just as much from people misunderstanding the argument of others who were not talking about NJ recruiting.

Thank you, you actually made my point from a week ago or so. Schiano is going to be a pain in the butt because he’s going to recruit Florida heavily as he did before and go after similar players as us. As he will in other places. NJ doesn’t matter. The Schiano/NJ debate doesn’t matter. The Schiano being a thorn in our side in places we should be or are recruiting, that’s what matters.
Just beat him on the field...

Do you want a chance to win an ACC Championship or do you want to play for a permanent B1G Basement Dweller (BBD [TM])?

Just beat him on the field...

Do you want a chance to win an ACC Championship or do you want to play for a permanent B1G Basement Dweller (BBD [TM])?

This has nothing to do with anything I’ve said on the topic.

This has nothing to do with anything I’ve said on the topic.
Just providing a path to offset/defeat the Shady effect in the coming seasons. ;)

It’s like 2 people. Hardly a board freakout. The board freakout occurred just as much from people misunderstanding the argument of others who were not talking about NJ recruiting.

thought the haiku line pretty much said I wasn’t being all that serious, but happy holidays q

Please forgive me for wasting my time, but I was bored, awaiting the football games to start this wonderful New Year's Day 2020. I visited the Scarlet Nation site: https://rutgers.forums.rovals.com/threads/the-rutgers-vs-syracuse-game-is-going-to-be-great.184797/

(change in "o" in rovals, to an "i")

We all know the schtick, Schiano will resurrect the once "proud" North Jersey School of Snookiisms' football program, thus lifting all Rutgirls programs to be NC in every sport. As such, I "knew" I was headed for some self flagellation of my sports soul, but, being a loyal Orange fan, I fulfilled my duty of scouting upcoming opponents and faced the "fears" of the Rutgirls faithful (all three of them!).

Anyway, the thread is golden with half (half of three?) of the posters believing Rutgirls is on the verge of NC and the half attempting to be humbly honest about the status of their program. Regardless, most think that Rutgirls can chalk up the victory against our beloved Orange. So I "took one for the team" and for your viewing pleasure, and to help you avoid hurting your eyes from reading such drivel and losing 15 points off your IQ, I have posted a few examples of the high quality insight of the Rutgirls faithful (with commentary in bold):

What a great game this is going to be.

Can't wait. Will they start a separate thread? Are they UConn? Did we have to pay them to play us? Lotsa questions.

Fresh-squeezed orange juice is always a little sour and bitter...ask GRob.

We should be looking for games SOUTH and WEST of RU...never New England teams. for that reason Syracuse barely qualifies...I don’t get the allure of playing them but it’s better than UConn or bc low and mid level ACC/SEC/B12 or PAC...

Syracuse, Temple, and PSU all on the schedule next year giving Greg a chance to reestablish Rutgers as the preeminent program in the Northeast in his very first year. I think he finds a way to run the table and doesn't look back at any of those second rate programs.
[obviously, the Kool-Aid is very strong, that or someone mixed the Kool-Aid and eggnog]

Didn’t we drop a home /road series vs. UCLA to play Syracuse?

It's fine to play Pitt, Temple, WV and VTech. We should let BC, UConn and Syracuse wither on the vine that is New England recruiting.
[Never mind the fact Rutgirls has made SU look great the last few years, or the fact that SU had a 10 win season during the same stretch]

Giving Syracuse a game where their NYC recruits can play close to home is more impactful than who wins that game. Syracuse is farther away from NYC than PennSt or Maryland. Leave them isolated up there.
[Minutes from NYC, and they are still irrelevant, while SU is more relevant to NYC and 240 miles away]

They are a homecoming type program.
[Recent perception may warrant the comment, but if true, the comment makes Rutgirls DIII wannabees]

Nobody wants to see Rutgers play Temple, Sara, or UCONN. These are buried in the past programs. No upside to Rutgers beating these downtrodden Programs. More to lose if anything. RU Fans and Players want to play marquis programs from other Major Conferences. Playing is Pasadena against a middle of the PAC UCLA team fits the bill.
[The delusion of grandeur is strong in this one]

Never forget, playing these regional loser schools like Sarahcuse and whoever else was an Ash design. Tells you everything you need to know. Rutgers should be playing a national schedule. Getting out of the UCLA game was the dumbest move ever made.
[Where was this insight the first time Schiano was on the sidelines? Seriously, the Rutgirls OOC is harder now than what Schiano would ever hope for]

That is the inherent risk to these games. Much more for us to lose than Sara. Opens the door for momentum for recruiting in Metro NY / NJ for Sara if they win. Not to mention the media attention.
[Based in truth, though seriously delusional in thinking they are cleaning up NY recruiting]

Greg surely wants to spread the Rutgers brand. Ca has thousands and thousands of alums. It would be a strategic move to play UCLA.
[Should Greg be worried more about spreading the Rutgirls brand to NJ before attempting a nationwide brand roll-out?]

No Yukon but I think it's important early on here to establish RU as superior to Sara, Shirley and Fredo because all three schools will continue to recruit New Jersey hard.
[While the concept is true, has Rutgirls ever established themselves as superior to anyone? Certainly not PSU, tOSU, UM, MichState, SU, UMD, et al.]

Beat the fruit!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the above, you may now start your New Year with a laugh.

GO ORANGE!

Someone needs to go over there and post the all time series w-l between the two clubs and still see if they should beat us. They are the dumbest fans on earth. They can't even beat, Kansas or Buffalo. Bunch of tools they are.
Paul bear Bryant is comng back to resurrect a once proud program lol.

If we lose to those clowns, i'll say it, Babers needs to go. No and, if or buts.
I was all in on Babers and thought he did more with less in the 10 Win season even though we had a few breaks go our way. This year, the coaching staff took a huge hit for me by not making a bowl game. If we don’t get to a bowl next year and have 4 out of 5 losing seasons, I don’t know what else to say.

Given that, I think we get to a bowl next year. I’m less sure about a win at RU though.

I was all in on Babers and thought he did more with less in the 10 Win season even though we had a few breaks go our way. This year, the coaching staff took a huge hit for me by not making a bowl game. If we don’t get to a bowl next year and have 4 out of 5 losing seasons, I don’t know what else to say.

Given that, I think we get to a bowl next year. I’m less sure about a win at RU though.
The offense went south in Year 4 in all areas, Lynch should be on a short leach. Even in Dungey's 1st year we ran a faster pace then this year. Lynch needs to be held responsible.

I would seriously doubt we get to a bowl if we lost to Rutgers. That’s a must win. We likely open with Clemson, which is a loss. So we’d be 0-2 if we lose to Rutgers. A road trip to Western Michigan is no sure thing. Remember, we also have challenging road games with Pitt (we never win there), BC (they dismantled us this year) and Wake Forest (they’ll be favored). Add a few tough home games with Florida State and Louisville.

I would seriously doubt we get to a bowl if we lost to Rutgers. That’s a must win. We likely open with Clemson, which is a loss. So we’d be 0-2 if we lose to Rutgers. A road trip to Western Michigan is no sure thing. Remember, we also have challenging road games with Pitt (we never win there), BC (they dismantled us this year) and Wake Forest (they’ll be favored). Add a few tough home games with Florida State and Louisville.

Western Michigan is a sure thing, Wake will not be favored AND BC dismantling us is completely irrelevant considering how much they lost and a new coach/system coming in.

Western Michigan is a sure thing, Wake will not be favored AND BC dismantling us is completely irrelevant considering how much they lost and a new coach/system coming in.
..and the issue was mostly based on the O-Line which started to gel. recall, we did not have a center and a freshman stepped up to try to fill the spot. That failed and we had to switch the LT and C, which was bad, too. That issue seemed to resolve itself towards the end of the season, we should be much better on the O-Line this fall.

except everyone likes to say how bad a coach Addazio is, so we have a better chance now that they theoretically improved their coaching staff.

Western Michigan gave SU trouble each of the last two seasons.

I’ll be surprised if Wake isn’t favored.

BC lost a lot last year. Pretty irrelevant that they lose some top players again. SU is losing some key players as well.