The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 385 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

..and the issue was mostly based on the O-Line which started to gel. recall, we did not have a center and a freshman stepped up to try to fill the spot. That failed and we had to switch the LT and C, which was bad, too. That issue seemed to resolve itself towards the end of the season, we should be much better on the O-Line this fall.

The OLine may be better, but I imagine our DLine takes a step back.

I suspect you may be right; however, two points that must be considered:

1) The LBS can only improve and the DBs should be very good.
2) This is s thread dedicated to bashing Rutgers, facts are only important when they can be used against Rutgers.

Ultimately, Rutgers won 2 games, we won 5. I believe we were better than the record showed as we should have won a couple more. Regardless, the games must and will be played. I still favor SU over Rutgers.

Rutgers
WMU
Liberty
Colgate
Georgia Tech
NC State

We better get to a bowl next year.

I think we take one or both of BC and Pitt. I know BC has a new coach which should be an upgrade, but the new system will take time to install.

Everyone keeps talking about the oline being better. I don’t say this as a jerk but it really couldn’t be worse, it was historically bad until the end of the year.

It will be better. The real question Is, will it be good enough to help us win games. It was better against weak D lines the last 3 games. So we don’t really know for sure yet how much better it will be.

I think we take one or both of BC and Pitt. I know BC has a new coach which should be an upgrade, but the new system will take time to install.

i think we take one but I’ll be surprised if we take both. We’ve always struggled against both teams, it would be a big step for us to beat them both next year.

I know BC has a new coach which should be an upgrade, but the new system will take time to install.
It didn’t seem to be a problem for ‘ville this year.

The offense went south in Year 4 in all areas, Lynch should be on a short leach. Even in Dungey's 1st year we ran a faster pace then this year. Lynch needs to be held responsible.
I think it's hard to tell if the pace was coach related or player related. If it doesn't pick up this year, some hard questions need to asked. And, with as involved as Dino is with the offense, he'll need to answer them as much as Lynch.

We have beaten BC on the road the last two times we traveled there, certainly can see that. Pitt has our number so not counting on it. FSU and Louisville at the Dome are winnable too. Those six I listed are bare minimum/we sure as hell better win games

BC is more likely of the two. I can’t recall the last time SU won at Pitt.

Western Michigan gave SU trouble each of the last two seasons.

I’ll be surprised if Wake isn’t favored.

BC lost a lot last year. Pretty irrelevant that they lose some top players again. SU is losing some key players as well.

It’s irrelevant in that Syracuse destroyed BC 42-21 the year before. Predicting any kind of outcome for that game next year right now is nuts.

Syracuse has beat Wake two years in a row and this was supposed to be Wake’s year. And most people like yourself didn’t think we had a prayer to win this year. And to boot we did it with a walk-on QB who can’t throw to save his life. I’d be surprised if we’re not favored next year.

Gents, we can discuss SU in other threads, the point of this thread is to bash Rutgers.

All are good topics, deserving of threads of their own. I am as guilty as anyone else for getting off topic, but let's get back to bashing Rutgers in this thread.

Rutgers sucks! Crap, we use that one for Georgetown. Rutgers is so bad that sucking would be an improvement.

Gents, we can discuss SU in other threads, the point of this thread is to bash Rutgers.

All are good topics, deserving of threads of their own. I am as guilty as anyone else for getting off topic, but let's get back to bashing Rutgers in this thread.

Rutgers sucks! Crap, we use that one for Georgetown. Rutgers is so bad that sucking would be an improvement.

I HATE Rutgers more than VT and that is a lot!!! Back on track ;-). It will be like the old days with a win by 60+.

It’s irrelevant in that Syracuse destroyed BC 42-21 the year before. Predicting any kind of outcome for that game next year right now is nuts.

Syracuse has beat Wake two years in a row and this was supposed to be Wake’s year. And most people like yourself didn’t think we had a prayer to win this year. And to boot we did it with a walk-on QB who can’t throw to save his life. I’d be surprised if we’re not favored next year.

Certainly not saying we can’t win at BC or Wake. But they’ll be challenging games. Not sure when I said we didn’t have a prayer this year against Wake. But I figured it might be a close game. It was.

I would seriously doubt we get to a bowl if we lost to Rutgers. That’s a must win. We likely open with Clemson, which is a loss. So we’d be 0-2 if we lose to Rutgers. A road trip to Western Michigan is no sure thing. Remember, we also have challenging road games with Pitt (we never win there), BC (they dismantled us this year) and Wake Forest (they’ll be favored). Add a few tough home games with Florida State and Louisville.
Wake is losing their QB. Louisville is tough. I think Pitt always gets us, but we’re always in it and it’s our turn. BC will be a totally different team next year. That said, I expect to beat Rutgers and it better be a stomping.

The year is 2020.

There are still 6 Rutgers fans who still think they’re relevant.

While roasting a thick sausage link over a raging dumpster fire, Vito says to his buddy Joey “we’re probably going undefeated in big ten play this year”... (both nodding in agreement)... “I wonder who else will make the CFP with us?”

His buddy:

1577936656264.jpeg

The year is 2020.

There are still 6 Rutgers fans who still think they’re relevant.

While roasting a thick sausage link over a raging dumpster fire, Vito says to his buddy Joey “we’re probably going undefeated in big ten play this year”... (both nodding in agreement)... “I wonder who else will make the CFP with us?”

His buddy:

View attachment 174785
But......is his TV set on at home?

Unfortunately half of those teams are probably pointing at Syracuse as a win on their side.

And they should. We should be considered a middle of the pack FBS team and a lower P5 team until we show otherwise.

Rutgers on the other hand has been the worst P5 team (along with Kansas) and a lower FBS team for years. Their offensive futility will be legend for years to come.

And they should. We should be considered a middle of the pack FBS team and a lower P5 team until we show otherwise.

Rutgers on the other hand has been the worst P5 team (along with Kansas) and a lower FBS team for years. Their offensive futility will be legend for years to come.
Kansas laughs at being compared to rutgers. They were pretty solid this past year.

If we lose to those clowns, i'll say it, Babers needs to go. No and, if or buts.

Although I feel Schiano will get them back to a competitive level it will take time. Babers should win against RU next year as the team needs to be rebuilt from the ground up and Schiano will need atleast a full year to recruit and plug the holes. Very impressed with the staff he is putting together. Just signed new OC Sean Gleeson to a three year deal. Fran Brown coming on is huge as he might be the best recruiter in south Jersey. RU spending big money on assistants for the first time...

Last edited: