The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 440 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Out Rutgers them. What a moron.
And to date, they have succeeded! Not even UM, tOSU, MState, PSU, UNL, Wiscy, NWU, et al, can screw up their athletic department so bad as to perpetually lose tens of millions of dollars annually while seriously underperforming in what should be a natural recruiting ground...in all sports. I am sure what Schady meant when he said they would outRutgers the Big Ten was that they would be the biggest wasters of Big Ten revenue in perpetuity.

Never before have so few done so little with so much...

He'll have to park the IROC

99-1987-Chevrolet-Camaro-IROC-Z-in-California-junkyard-Photo-by-Murilee-Martin.jpg

At first I thought this was a meme... Then I realized he was serious. But who recruited his players? Most were under the radar until offered by Rutgers then magically boosted to four stars.

The others were identified/recruited by SU, Pitt, BC, UMD, PSU, UM, tOSU ,etc., but Shady conned them to flip. How is he going to keep the good players who can make money elsewhere under an NIL deal, anyway?

I guess he can offer helicopter rides on the backs of New Jersey taxpayers.

At first I thought this was a meme... Then I realized he was serious. But who recruited his players? Most were under the radar until offered by Rutgers then magically boosted to four stars.

The others were identified/recruited by SU, Pitt, BC, UMD, PSU, UM, tOSU ,etc., but Shady conned them to flip. How is he going to keep the good players who can make money elsewhere under an NIL deal, anyway?

I guess he can offer helicopter rides on the backs of New Jersey taxpayers.
He has no commits that other teams wants. Shady is just trying to pocket money for himself. He knows he'll be canned soon.

He isn't wrong. It's the new world we live in. Every player is on a 1-year contract. If you can't pay them someone else will. For some of these kids who may not make it to the next level this is the only time in their life they can cash in and make some money off their ability to be an athlete.

He isn't wrong. It's the new world we live in. Every player is on a 1-year contract. If you can't pay them someone else will. For some of these kids who may not make it to the next level this is the only time in their life they can cash in and make some money off their ability to be an athlete.
Agreed

But what players on Rutgers are people lining up to poach?

Respectfully, while I agree that cashing in under the NIL is not a bad idea, perhaps the young athlete may wish to consider the original mission of the institution for which said young athlete plays, that is, to obtain an education to prepare him (or her depending on the sport) for life, making the real effort to "cash in" on one's time at university.

What made you come up with a response like that when I’m clearly clowning him for publicly crying and begging for help?

Agreed

But what players on Rutgers are people lining up to poach?
No clue. The point is any player they develop into a good player will be easily poached in time. I know it's fun to rag on Rutgers and laugh, I get it. Im there with ya. But if they develop an offensive guard or a RB or whatever into someone who is kinda good, there will ALWAYS be a bigger school that can get the kid more NIL money and have a booster through a shell business offer that kid more NIL money and steal them away.

Respectfully, while I agree that cashing in under the NIL is not a bad idea, perhaps the young athlete may wish to consider the original mission of the institution for which said young athlete plays, that is, to obtain an education to prepare him (or her depending on the sport) for life, making the real effort to "cash in" on one's time at university.
That is pie-in-the-sky thinking. You are talking about the 1% of college athletes (or some % close to that number) who are worried about their education at 18, 19, and 20 years old. The vast majority of college football and college basketball players at Power 5 schools have eyes on the NFL and NBA. That's reality.

You can get a degree at any age in life, at that age its about cashing in and getting to the next level.