The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

How do you guys feel about Rutgers potentially playing ND in a sold-out Yankee Stadium?

How do you guys feel about Rutgers potentially playing ND in a sold-out Yankee Stadium?

About the same way I feel when I get sick to my stomach and stick my finger down my throat to begin the big purge.:eek:

About the same way I feel when I get sick to my stomach and stick my finger down my throat to begin the big purge.:eek:

I caught some 24 hour thing Thursday. I was doing exactly this at about 1am Friday AM. It wast pretty. Just ate my first solid food about 10 minutes ago.

I'm not so sure we can say their fans came back down to planet Earth. They are speculating that there next coach will be...wait for it...

Jim Tressel

They have to beat USF first - no guarantees of that happening.

I have no problem with it as no one will believe they bring more than a few tthousand fans, due to excessive travel I'm sure. Anyway, ND fans will likely pack the house. Regardless, ND will probably use Rutgers as a whipping boy so their third string can rack up some playing time and experience.

Naturally, Rutgers has to actually beat USF and that is a 50-50 shot at best.

There might be 1 or 2 of those fans that actually notice that Rutgers is on the field.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 1m
RT @JJohnstonTBO: It's Kyle Flood Bobblehead Night (seriously) for #USF at Rutgers pic.twitter.com/nfPGBhX8Dm

Ba6gFfBCUAATHPk.jpg:large

Will there be 5000 fans there tonight?

This is prime example how Rutgers is in the Red...What were they thinking?

I'm not so sure we can say their fans came back down to planet Earth. They are speculating that there next coach will be...wait for it...

Jim Tressel
Remember when SU fans thought the same thing?

Will there be 5000 fans there tonight?

This is prime example how Rutgers is in the Red...What were they thinking?
Right? I mean, who thought this was a good idea??? Maybe when the AD heard that the fans were 'calling for his head', she thought this is what they meant.

Rutgers benefits from bs roughing passer call, negating int
Score td next play

Aac not gonna let ruttie lose tonight

Flood just canned Spence, Cohen, and Wrobelswki. Apparently he wasn't happy with his conservative, run oriented football he made them play

Flood just canned Spence, Cohen, and Wrobelswki. Apparently he wasn't happy with his conservative, run oriented football he made them play
Guess he is staying. Still no public support from Julie.

‏@McMurphyESPN
Rutgers AD Julie Hermann on 3 firings by Kyle Flood: "I support these moves & Kyle’s leadership as we transition into Big Ten"
He saved his skin. And my guess is Julie was concerned about paying an entire new coaching staff, and having a brand new staff heading into their first of many hellish seasons in the B1G.

He fired his staff to save his own ass. Bowl practices are gonna be a wee bit awkward.
Yup, it was either him or them, and he choose himself.

Now RU is stuck with the Village Idiot for at least one more year. Things couldn't have broken better for Syracuse on this front. On many levels, there is a strong parallel between GRob and Flood. Both good guys, both completely out of their element trying to be head coaches. It will be interesting to see who Flood is able to hire now. He is on the most unstable ground imaginable and based on his previous staff, has little in the way of a budget to pay (especially now that he has to also pay the fired guys).

I predict Prince, his one competent assistant coach, will be gone by the end of the coaches convention. He would be crazy to stay there at this point.