The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

F' those guys, so sick of their BS. Bunch of frauds.

20 year schedule snap shot of the two programs. BE includes anybody who was in the BE at one point.

Syracuse --------------------------Games --Win-- Loss --Tie
BE -----------------------------------147 -----70 ----77 ---x
ACC -----------------------------------17------ 5 -----12 ---x
PAC12/SEC/B12/B10/ND/BYU -----39----- 13---- 26--- 1
Non AQ/1AA --------------------------38 -----34 -----4--- x

Rutgers
BE --------------------------------------143 ----43 -----99--- 1
ACC --------------------------------------11------ 4 ------7 ---x
PAC12/SEC/B12/B10/ND --------------20------ 6 -----12--- x
NonAQ/1AA -----------------------------62 -----48----- 14--- x

Almost half of their wins over the last 20 years have been against NonAQ/1AA schools.

2005-2008 Rutgers had the 21st best winning percentage and went 34-17
Following four years 38th best winning percentage, going 31-20
This year 6-6.

And this coming off of supposedly great recruiting and "owning the state of Rutgers".

rrlbees said:
So you think we've been hitting NJ hard in recent years? Little do you know what we have pissed away there. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Bees, I think you need Zoloft

Orangepace said:
Bees, I think you need Zoloft

I'm sorry you don't know what I'm taking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

rrlbees said:
I'm sorry you don't know what I'm taking about. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I do know, but it was nearly a decade ago. Let's worry about how SU gets back into NJ, not how it all went wrong.

No surprise that Notre Dame would feel this way about having to play Rutgers:

Notre Dame's worst bowl ever
  • 07:36 AM ET 12.10 | On making a postseason bowl, congratulations are in order for the Irish -- or are they? Redeeming factors are few, and even those are cleverly concealed. Notre Dame's participation in the Pinstripe Bowl Dec. 28 against 6-6 Rutgers could be the worst postseason scenario since the Irish football team got in the bowl business after the 1969 season. That's not an exaggeration. Combine the weather in New York, which will likely be cold, with the opponent, which will likely be awful, and the ingredients are there for a real stinker. Whatever happened to the philosophy: We want to play the highest ranked team available? Notre Dame's athletic leadership of several years ago sent the football team down this path of bowl oblivion.

South Bend Tribune

Orangepace said:
I do know, but it was nearly a decade ago. Let's worry about how SU gets back into NJ, not how it all went wrong.

That's where you'd be wrong. I'm talking just 2 years ago which would have gone a long ways toward fixing what happened 10 years ago and 5 years ago, as well as strengthen our team. And no, I'm not going to go into detail but I'm justified in asking if we are going to take NJ seriously.

My in-laws and I ventured from the NorthEast to spend Thanksgiving in Texas with a (surprisingly) wonderful aTm family.

I almost barfed when, while talking college football, one of my in-laws (a Rutgers grad) said "Outside of the Southern schools, the only real East Coast football teams that ever mattered are Penn State and Rutgers". I couldn't let that slip. I spent the rest of the weekend sharing some (somewhat fun-hearted) facts about Rutgers football.

My two favorites were:

- Rutgers lost the first football game ever played, 100 years before the moon landing (strangely, they still claim a national championship for this year). Since then, they have won five bowl games.

- Rutgers' football wikipedia page (and I swear, you can't make this up) starts off with two paragraphs in a section named "College Football is Born: The First Season (1869)". It is followed up with three paragraphs in a section named "The Remaining Years (1870 - 2011)".

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutgers_Scarlet_Knights_football)

DeGrozz said:
"Outside of the Southern schools, the only real East Coast football teams that ever mattered are Penn State and Rutgers".

Ever?? Really? I hope you really straightened out that misguided mine.

Ever?? Really? I hope you really straightened out that misguided mine.

Ever. No Army, Navy, Cuse, WVU, etc...

rrlbees said:
That's where you'd be wrong. I'm talking just 2 years ago which would have gone a long ways toward fixing what happened 10 years ago and 5 years ago, as well as strengthen our team. And no, I'm not going to go into detail but I'm justified in asking if we are going to take NJ seriously. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
No, guess you have me then. I'm not part of the secret handshake crew. If I had to venture a guess though, a coach asked a favor of our then staff with the handshake agreement that we could start recruiting NJ again, cough Bosco. We said we don't want FCS level players and burn. Or maybe the guy wanted a job and SU said thanks but no thanks, we do things by the book.

Either way, I stand with SU coaches. With or without NJ.

rrlbees said:
That's where you'd be wrong. I'm talking just 2 years ago which would have gone a long ways toward fixing what happened 10 years ago and 5 years ago, as well as strengthen our team. And no, I'm not going to go into detail but I'm justified in asking if we are going to take NJ seriously. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I think we should all hope that the new staff changes this

Much like Illinois, NJ is like the Wild West. Nobody has a toe hold on it with the right relationships we could greatly strengthen our program

Orangepace said:
No, guess you have me then. I'm not part of the secret handshake crew. If I had to venture a guess though, a coach asked a favor of our then staff with the handshake agreement that we could start recruiting NJ again, cough Bosco. We said we don't want FCS level players and burn. Or maybe the guy wanted a job and SU said thanks but no thanks, we do things by the book. Either way, I stand with SU coaches. With or without NJ.

Not even close. But whatever. Thankfully has nothing to do with the new staff and maybe things can look up.

Ever. No Army, Navy, Cuse, WVU, etc...

Or Pitt, which has as many or more national titles in my lifetime than 11 of the 14 teams in the SEC.

F' those guys, so sick of their BS. Bunch of frauds.

20 year schedule snap shot of the two programs. BE includes anybody who was in the BE at one point.

Syracuse --------------------------Games --Win-- Loss --Tie
BE -----------------------------------147 -----70 ----77 ---x
ACC -----------------------------------17------ 5 -----12 ---x
PAC12/SEC/B12/B10/ND/BYU -----39----- 13---- 26--- 1
Non AQ/1AA --------------------------38 -----34 -----4--- x

Rutgers
BE --------------------------------------143 ----43 -----99--- 1
ACC --------------------------------------11------ 4 ------7 ---x
PAC12/SEC/B12/B10/ND --------------20------ 6 -----12--- x
NonAQ/1AA -----------------------------62 -----48----- 14--- x

Almost half of their wins over the last 20 years have been against NonAQ/1AA schools.

2005-2008 Rutgers had the 21st best winning percentage and went 34-17
Following four years 38th best winning percentage, going 31-20
This year 6-6.

And this coming off of supposedly great recruiting and "owning the state of Rutgers".

Yes, it is baffling that they have played 62 Non-AQ/1AA games over the last 20 years. Even better, they've lost 14 of those games. Are you kidding me Rutty? LMAO.

Guess Tony Dorsett never existed in 1976.
Or Dan Marino, Larry Fitzgerald, Donovan McNabb, et all. These losers should have gone to PSU or Snookie State College o Beauty if they wanted real recognition.

In the 77 years of the lambert trophy signifying best team in the east 18 teams have won or shared the trophy. Penn St -28, Army-7, Syracuse, Pitt-6 each, Boston College-5, Navy-4 1/2,Miami, West Virginia- 4 each, Dartmouth, Princeton, Virginia Tech-2 each, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Carnegie Tech, Cornell, Fordham, Louisville -1 each, and finally Yale 1/2. That powerhouse Rutgers has less lambert trophies then Connecticut, and Carnegie Tech. In other words not once in 77 years have they been the best team in the east.

Not even close. But whatever. Thankfully has nothing to do with the new staff and maybe things can look up.

I stand corrected then.

Justin Noye just decommitted from Rutgers, per Twitter. Retweeted some stuff from a Syracuse fan... FWIW