The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

sutomcat said:
Yup, it was either him or them, and he choose himself. Now RU is stuck with the Village Idiot for at least one more year. Things couldn't have broken better for Syracuse on this front. On many levels, there is a strong parallel between GRob and Flood. Both good guys, both completely out of their element trying to be head coaches. It will be interesting to see who Flood is able to hire now. He is on the most unstable ground imaginable and based on his previous staff, has little in the way of a budget to pay (especially now that he has to also pay the fired guys). I predict Prince, his one competent assistant coach, will be gone by the end of the coaches convention. He would be crazy to stay there at this point.

Not sure where it helps us unless we are going to take NJ seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Not sure where it helps us unless we are going to take NJ seriously.

From what I understand there's been some recent visits to northern nj high schools.

And we've recently offered a Shabazz junior db

Their message board fans are eating their young right now though. They know they're fkd with another year of flood as they hit the big ten.

They're looking at 3-9 4-8 next season or worse. It's a good time to try and get back in there.

It's not like Rutgers has a stranglehold on NJ anyways. Bigger problems i BoB, Meyer, and Hoke dipping in there whenever they chose. Rutgers is more of a nuisance right now then anything else.

We are making a lot of offers to 2015 and 2016 NJ prospects

Some interest from them too ...

He fired his staff to save his own ass. Bowl practices are gonna be a wee bit awkward.
Not to mention upcoming recruiting visits.

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
From what I understand there's been some recent visits to northern nj high schools. And we've recently offered a Shabazz junior db Their message board fans are eating their young right now though. They know they're fkd with another year of flood as they hit the big ten. They're looking at 3-9 4-8 next season or worse. It's a good time to try and get back in there.

That would be a good thing. You know who visited them?

oldpinepoint said:
Hooray for positive posts!!

So you think we've been hitting NJ hard in recent years? Little do you know what we have pissed away there.

Everyone thought that Syracuse and Pitt were going to be eaten alive in the ACC.

By everyone do you mean the media? They still think Grob is coach. Unfortunately for Rutgers, they have his 1st cousin. We're now 5 years removed from Grob and have now made bowl games 3 of the past 4 years. I'd say the media needs to quit thinking of us as the team that lost to Akron. AA and HD are the worst of the bunch. AA never gave us credit last year until we split the BE championship and won the Pinstripe. HD has basically ignored our existence entirely. Screw them.

PhatOrange said:
Huh?

Rutgirls fan

The one part of the NCAA show last night on ESPN that I enjoyed was when David Pollack and Herbstreit just started cracking up when describing how bad Rutgers is-Does anyone have the video of it?

Last edited:
http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=169266494&mid=169266494&sid=988&style=2

Things are turning south quickly over in Rutty land.

This post pretty much sums up Rutgers from one of there few level headed fans:

"the sad reality that there are people not on cloud nine right now as we prepare to enter the Big 10 is what is glaring here. Instead the RU administration and athletic director has bungled virtually EVERYTHING after the Big 10 invite creating major trust issues with donors and fans. Endorsing an inept coach who failed majorly this season in multiple aspects of his coaching does not give people the warm fuzzies as they enter the Big 10. The thing is IT SHOULD NOT BE THAT WAY. RU fans should be going through a happy time however Rutgers once again for the umpteenth time has figured out a way to blow the situation up to the point where some people are giving up season tix. Its a small hardcore fanbase at this school and the school is driving away the others with one bad mistake after another"

Current Pitt F and Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall is suing the school over the Mike Rice Situation. :bat:

and it continues!

Yup, it was either him or them, and he choose himself.

It will be interesting to see who Flood is able to hire now.

Very true. Why would you agree to become a Flood assistant when you know he likely has one more season at RU and then will be sihtcanned? His new assistants are going to be like GRob's assistants: guys who are either currently out of coaching or coaching at a low college level such as the Ivy League (Jim Salgado and Jaime Elizondo for example).