The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Can we stop with the Rutgers thread already...
I agree. I wish it never existed. I have asked for it to be removed but the forum's administrators seem to think this is "quality entertainment", so here I am providing quality entertainment. Where are all the people who love to laugh it up at Rutgirlz? Join me! Let's keep the comedy show going!!! LOL @ RUTGIRLZ!!! lol

I agree. I wish it never existed. I have asked for it to be removed but the forum's administrators seem to think this is "quality entertainment", so here I am providing quality entertainment. Where are all the people who love to laugh it up at Rutgirlz? Join me! Let's keep the comedy show going!!! LOL @ RUTGIRLZ!!! lol

Right now, today, Rutgers would beat us by two touchdowns. Not much to laugh at there.

Michigan must really suck for Rutgirlz to be leading at halftime. I wish we had their charmed life, I wish we played a legendary name like Michigan when they're at their lowest point in their history. If it was us, we'd be winning by several touchdowns. Ridiculous. I will be happy when Rutgirlz is exposed and goes away for good.
We did play UM when they were good and we won. Michigan's QB that day was a guy named Brady.

Rutgers is better than Syracuse
Technically, yes that's true but it's more along the lines of Nova is better than Hunt and Flood and co are better than our Mickey Mouse staff.

Omg. I just realized Gary Nova and Kyle Flood would be upgrades...

Rutgers OOC Schedule:
Washington State
Howard
Navy
Tulane

Syracuse OOC Schedule:
Villanova
Central Michigan
Notre Dame
Maryland

As bad as we are, we'd probably have 4 OOC wins as well. We need to chill the %%%% out with our scheduling. Never mind the fact we wouldn't be the walking wounded going into conference play.

Rutgers OOC Schedule:
Washington State
Howard
Navy
Tulane

Syracuse OOC Schedule:
Villanova
Central Michigan
Notre Dame
Maryland

As bad as we are, we'd probably have 4 OOC wins as well. We need to chill the %%%% out with our scheduling. Never mind the fact we wouldn't be the walking wounded going into conference play.
considering we had to go to 2OT and resort to a 4th down fake fg to score a touchdown and stop a game winning 2pt conversion the other way against a FCS school, and have looked like an absolute clown show in getting outclassed against two mediocre opponents, I see no reason to conclude we'd have 4 OOC wins playing Rutgers schedule.

This is the problem for the Syracuse fans who are irrationally fascinated by Rutgers - you are tied to their success and failure. The ugly truth is they would beat Syracuse by 2 touchdowns right now, and Rutgers is doing better than many here expected. The gloating in this thread is unbecoming and increasingly incredibly misplaced. Syracuse needs to get its own house in order before its fans start gloating.

considering we had to go to 2OT and resort to a 4th down fake fg to score a touchdown and stop a game winning 2pt conversion the other way against a FCS school, and have looked like an absolute clown show in getting outclassed against two mediocre opponents, I see no reason to conclude we'd have 4 OOC wins playing Rutgers schedule.

This is the problem for the Syracuse fans who are irrationally fascinated by Rutgers - you are tied to their success and failure. The ugly truth is they would beat Syracuse by 2 touchdowns right now, and Rutgers is doing better than many here expected. The gloating in this thread is unbecoming and increasingly incredibly misplaced. Syracuse needs to get its own house in order before its fans start gloating.
How am I gloating? The post I made before said they have a better QB and coaching staff but as bad as we are, and we're bad, I think it's reasonable to think if we can beat CMU, that we can beat Navy, Tulane and Howard. Maybe Wazzou is a toss up but they are awful as well. Our scheduling is completely disproportionate to our talent level and building a winning culture...that's all I'm saying.

I'm sorry for the confusion - I wasn't meaning to sound like I was disagreeing with you. Poor communication on my part. I was speaking more to the Rutgers (or, dare I say, "Rutgirls" or "Buttgers") obsession corners of this board seem to have, and the folly constantly defining Syracuse against Rutgers.

FWIW, I agree that our scheduling is disproportionate to our talent level.

Rutgers OOC Schedule:
Washington State
Howard
Navy
Tulane

Syracuse OOC Schedule:
Villanova
Central Michigan
Notre Dame
Maryland

Exactly once again Rutgers is fooling everyone into think they are average. They pad their record against 4 cream puffs, and scrape by a bad Michigan team, but they're they are at 5-1, sticking out their chests, getting love, and have the attention of recruits. Meanwhile we feel the need to schedule like we are Alabama. Nobody goes to the games anyways so mine as well pad our record with cream puffs for a decade.

I do give it to Rutgers they have had a great atmosphere their past 2 B1G home games. That's something we cannot do.

For all those who continue to bash their program, I wonder if you saw any of their game with Michigan? The atmosphere at their place, and the enthusiasm of their fans blows away what we have to offer recruits.

For all those who continue to bash their program, I wonder if you saw any of their game with Michigan? The atmosphere at their place, and the enthusiasm of their fans blows away what we have to offer recruits.

I like that flood hired a guy like Friedgen too, probably helping out in more ways than just being the OC. Again, I don't share the internet created hatred for Rutgers like many here. They are playing pretty well right now.

Yep, but it also tells you some thing about the fan base when they rush the field after beating a team that would be ranked about 60 or 70 .

Yep, but it also tells you some thing about the fan base when they rush the field after beating a team that would be ranked about 60 or 70 .
At least the RU fan base shows up and stays the entire game. Crowd and atmosphere looked like what you see at a Cuse hoops game.

At least the RU fan base shows up and stays the entire game. Crowd and atmosphere looked like what you see at a Cuse hoops game.

We have good crowds when we actually play big name programs at the Carrier Dome.

It's hard to remember, because all the recent ones have been at the Meadowlands.

Imagine what the Dome would have been like last year week 1 with Penn State there and Cuse having a legit chance to beat them?

Right, and we beat Nova and Central Michigan.

Right, and we beat Nova and Central Michigan.
not sure I get your point. I didn't see orange fans rush the field. If anyone is saying Rutgers is better then us right now .....who cares...so is almost everyone.

not sure I get your point. I didn't see orange fans rush the field. If anyone is saying Rutgers is better then us right now ...who cares...so is almost everyone.

I don't like the rushing of the field either but it was the first B1G win and it was Michigan. I can live with it and the team loved it.

I don't like the rushing of the field either but it was the first B1G win and it was Michigan. I can live with it and the team loved it.
Truth be told I don't really care. Things are going well for Rutgers and bad here, hoops around the corner though.