The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Pyle said:
1. Coach P had exactly 1 sub .500 season(not counting a bowl loss), in the 10 years since he was fired we've endured 5 losing seasons and seem well on our way to #6. 2. Michigan has been a train wreck since Carr left. 3. Agreed 4. Apology or not, it's undisciplined and indicative of the way our team plays. 5. Yes Marrone was a good hire, the way he cut and bailed though tells me there are behind the scenes issues. He didn't want to be here. I don't believe it's because he's an 'NFL' guy, he wasn't getting the support he needed from the top. It seems with the IPF going up that may be less of an issue than before and I hope so. 6. Isn't it the coaches job to give the kids a gameplan they can execute? 7. We can make excuses, fact is 1 TD pass in 5 games. That doesn't get it done. 8. Shouldn't our 2's beat their 1's? 9. I'd rather see Mike Williams, Alec Lemon, Marcus Sales, etc. We need a true #1 WR. Blame goes to Marrone for this though, I don't expect one of Shafer's guys to be ready to step in to that role yet. Hoping Ishmael is there by next year. 10. We have fair weather fans but Rutgers packs their stadium. They are doing something right and we are not. They also charge 10x what we do for parking and still pack their stadium. 11. New Hampshire is still a D1-FCS school. Not DIII like Cortland State. Chip Kelly also shattered every offensive record at NH. Since Kelly is the model for comparison I'd like to see this from Lester: In his first season as offensive coordinator at Oregon, the Ducks led the Pac-10 in scoring (38.15 ppg) and total offense (467.54 ypg), and also became the highest scoring team while amassing the most yards in the history of Oregon football. Prior to Kelly's arrival at Oregon, Dennis Dixon struggled in his first three seasons at quarterback. Under Kelly's guidance, Dixon was the Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Year and emerged as a Heisman Trophy candidate. 12. The whole point of my post is simply to say maybe we should worry about our own issues before we run around slamming other programs.

6-12 are very small "current" problems. Rutgers entire history is filled with ineptitude. It's like saying the PH is high in our stream while they've been crapping in the ocean for 50 years.

6-12 are very small "current" problems. Rutgers entire history is filled with ineptitude. It's like saying the PH is high in our stream while they've been crapping in the ocean for 50 years.

My point exactly. People ask why this thread exists and the answer is simple ... their fans come over here flapping their gums and draw ire because they are so delusional. There is no threads even close about how bad UConn sucks because a.) their fans are smart enough to know its true and b.) they don't come over here and post on this board all kinds of stupid crap. If their fans weren't here giving us the munition they wouldn't even be given a second thought.

... take your Rutgers love to their Rival board...

Don't even, I hate Rutgers. Which is exactly why it burns my azz so much seeing them fill their stadium and beat a powerhouse like Michigan, even if they do suck this year. Flood looked like a train wreck and suddenly has his team at 5-1. They get more for Howard than we do for 'Ville. Some of you may call it smoke and mirrors, an illusion, whatver and maybe it is. It's no illusion they put more butts in the seats though, that's very real. And while their 5-1 record might be some kind of slight of hand based on a horrific SOS, the fact is right now, they are 1 win away from a bowl. We are 4, starting a new QB and OC. Why do I even care, because for us to get back into NJ, which I feel is very important to the success of this team, we don't need a semi-successful B10 program in their backyard! We need Rutgers to be Indiana, not Iowa. If NYS had half of the athletes that jersey does I wouldn't even care but outside of NH, Vermont, Delaware, and Alaska, I think NY probably puts out the least amount of actual D1 material. We use to own NJ and when we did, we were good. A 5-1 team with a full stadium in your own state looks alot better than the mess we've become. Fact is high school kids don't care about Julie's wedding video, or the fact the program is in the red, or the fact some BB coach threw a ball at his players years ago. They care about playing in front of full stadiums on teams that are successful, or at least appear to be on the surface.

Can we all just get back to making fun of Rutgers? There are plenty of threads on this board talking about the mess we're in. :D :eek:
Reason #1,804 to hate Rutgers: The one week we really need them to do something really stupid, they go and beat Michigan.

They gotta be due soon though - how long has it been since the last new tire was added to their fire?

Don't even, I hate Rutgers. Which is exactly why it burns my azz so much seeing them fill their stadium and beat a powerhouse like Michigan, even if they do suck this year. Flood looked like a train wreck and suddenly has his team at 5-1. They get more for Howard than we do for 'Ville. Some of you may call it smoke and mirrors, an illusion, whatver and maybe it is. It's no illusion they put more butts in the seats though, that's very real. And while their 5-1 record might be some kind of slight of hand based on a horrific SOS, the fact is right now, they are 1 win away from a bowl. We are 4, starting a new QB and OC. Why do I even care, because for us to get back into NJ, which I feel is very important to the success of this team, we don't need a semi-successful B10 program in their backyard! We need Rutgers to be Indiana, not Iowa. If NYS had half of the athletes that jersey does I wouldn't even care but outside of NH, Vermont, Delaware, and Alaska, I think NY probably puts out the least amount of actual D1 material. We use to own NJ and when we did, we were good. A 5-1 team with a full stadium in your own state looks alot better than the mess we've become. Fact is high school kids don't care about Julie's wedding video, or the fact the program is in the red, or the fact some BB coach threw a ball at his players years ago. They care about playing in front of full stadiums on teams that are successful, or at least appear to be on the surface.

Rutgers has played essentially the weakest schedule in CFB, Bowl Division. They lucked out getting Ralph Friedgen as their OC. If Rutgers wins more games, Ralph leaves for more money, he's near retirement. IF Rutgers does not win, then the 5-1 hype becomes nonsense (it already is). If Ralph leaves, Flood looses again, if Ralph stays, Flood looses because the only reason his team beat up the pansies on the schedule of cupcakes is Ralph, not Flood. Rutgers looses because Flood has a 4 year guarantee remaining on his deal (he extended) and Rutgers cannot afford to dump his low pay and pay a proven coach.

I get your points about fans in the seats but Rutgers rarely filled their stadium before this season and many B1G fans will probably not make the biannual trip to Jersey so the ticket sales boon will probably wane. As Rutgers fans like to point out Rutgers is near NYC, are we impressed that Rutgers sits in an area with probably 25 - 30 million people within 100 miles and can barely get more than a beat up Syracuse team with barely a million people within 100 miles. And no one has a clue as to how many Rutgers fans are actually in the stands as B1G fans have a history of buying season tickets at away games to see their teams play, something no Rutgers fan has even thought of since they cannot be bothered to attend away games.

Anyway, if Rutgers falls flat in the back half of the season, young recruits will remember that and they will look at their weak schedule choosing anyone but Rutgers.

Rutgers has played essentially the weakest schedule in CFB, Bowl Division. They lucked out getting Ralph Friedgen as their OC. If Rutgers wins more games, Ralph leaves for more money, he's near retirement. IF Rutgers does not win, then the 5-1 hype becomes nonsense (it already is). If Ralph leaves, Flood looses again, if Ralph stays, Flood looses because the only reason his team beat up the pansies on the schedule of cupcakes is Ralph, not Flood. Rutgers looses because Flood has a 4 year guarantee remaining on his deal (he extended) and Rutgers cannot afford to dump his low pay and pay a proven coach.

I get your points about fans in the seats but Rutgers rarely filled their stadium before this season and many B1G fans will probably not make the biannual trip to Jersey so the ticket sales boon will probably wane. As Rutgers fans like to point out Rutgers is near NYC, are we impressed that Rutgers sits in an area with probably 25 - 30 million people within 100 miles and can barely get more than a beat up Syracuse team with barely a million people within 100 miles. And no one has a clue as to how many Rutgers fans are actually in the stands as B1G fans have a history of buying season tickets at away games to see their teams play, something no Rutgers fan has even thought of since they cannot be bothered to attend away games.

Anyway, if Rutgers falls flat in the back half of the season, young recruits will remember that and they will look at their weak schedule choosing anyone but Rutgers.
i disagree they do get better crowds than su, yes they have traditionally played a weak scheduel since going big time. but that has not mattered. they have out recruited for several years, they are better coached at this time, yes their fans are delusional, but so are we in that we have been in denial of they impact they have had on us for a decade.

i disagree they do get better crowds than su, yes they have traditionally played a weak scheduel since going big time. but that has not mattered. they have out recruited for several years, they are better coached at this time, yes their fans are delusional, but so are we in that we have been in denial of they impact they have had on us for a decade.

Haven't seen many people on this board be delusional about the impact that they have had on us in NJ with respect to recruiting ... unfortunately recruits and the average fan in this day and age a.) aren't smart enough to know their history vs ours b.) see through their pathetic scheduling practices c.) understand that in their best season ever all they have to show for it is a Texas Bowl crown. I would be happy to take the average idiot and walk them past the trophy case in the SU football offices and then show them the RU case and see what opinion they can gather.

Reason #1,804 to hate Rutgers: The one week we really need them to do something really stupid, they go and beat Michigan.

They gotta be due soon though - how long has it been since the last new tire was added to their fire?
Villanova would beat Michigan.

Haven't seen many people on this board be delusional about the impact that they have had on us in NJ with respect to recruiting ... unfortunately recruits and the average fan in this day and age a.) aren't smart enough to know their history vs ours b.) see through their pathetic scheduling practices c.) understand that in their best season ever all they have to show for it is a Texas Bowl crown. I would be happy to take the average idiot and walk them past the trophy case in the SU football offices and then show them the RU case and see what opinion they can gather.

problem is young kids seem to care less and less about the history of a program ,and more about where it is now. That said we were in a better spot than Rutgers last year and they are currently in a better spot than us this year. Neither program is in particularly good shape. As for scheduling practices, a recruit doesn't care about OOC games, just that they will be on a national stage, and Rutgers has that in the B1G. my opinion is we should try having an OOC schedule more like Rutgers.

problem is young kids seem to care less and less about the history of a program ,and more about where it is now. That said we were in a better spot than Rutgers last year and they are currently in a better spot than us this year. Neither program is in particularly good shape. As for scheduling practices, a recruit doesn't care about OOC games, just that they will be on a national stage, and Rutgers has that in the B1G. my opinion is we should try having an OOC schedule more like Rutgers.

Ok ... then let me put it this way .. in the last 4 seasons:

SU Bowl wins 3
RU Bowl wins 1

BE Conf titles SU 1 (co-champs)
BE Conf titles RU 1 (co-champs)

Number of NFL draft picks:

SU in 2014 had 2
RU in 2014 had 0

SU in 2013 had 3 (1 first rounder)
RU in 2013 had 7

SU in 2012 had 2 (1 first rounder)
RU in 2012 had 1

SU in 2011 had 2
RU in 2011 had 0

Not to mention that 4 of RU's picks in 2013 were 7th rounders.

From 2011 on SU's worst SOS rank was 55th RU's best SOS rank was 64th.

This season our SOS is 28 and RU's is 81 ... just reading this makes my head spin and solidifies my point.

Ok ... then let me put it this way .. in the last 4 seasons:

SU Bowl wins 3
RU Bowl wins 1

BE Conf titles SU 1 (co-champs)
BE Conf titles RU 1 (co-champs)

Number of NFL draft picks:

SU in 2014 had 2
RU in 2014 had 0

SU in 2013 had 3 (1 first rounder)
RU in 2013 had 7

SU in 2012 had 2 (1 first rounder)
RU in 2012 had 1

SU in 2011 had 2
RU in 2011 had 0

Not to mention that 4 of RU's picks in 2013 were 7th rounders.

From 2011 on SU's worst SOS rank was 55th RU's best SOS rank was 64th.

This season our SOS is 28 and RU's is 81 ... just reading this makes my head spin and solidifies my point.

Haven't seen many people on this board be delusional about the impact that they have had on us in NJ with respect to recruiting ... unfortunately recruits and the average fan in this day and age a.) aren't smart enough to know their history vs ours b.) see through their pathetic scheduling practices c.) understand that in their best season ever all they have to show for it is a Texas Bowl crown. I would bem happy to take the average idiot and walk them past the trophy case in the SU football offices and then show them the RU case and see what opinion they can gather.
there is one admin that has been and still is obsessed with ru and a MULTITUDE of others. kids today, live for here and now, not history. history may influence them, but like everyone else, whats in it for me. the average idiot as you call them, are not idiots at all. they are merely responding to the climate at hand, do i like that? no. to believe that the su trophy case makes that big a difference is plain stupid. if you do not win, you will never be able to take them past the trophy case. we have been arrogant and cheap to our misfortune. we have done this to ourselves, and if su does not wake up soon we will be the tulane of d1 football. we may be back to d2 if we do not take drastic action

You are delusional.

We are not delusional. Do we not have some history? We know Rutgers claimed NJ for themselves but they have not taken NYC in recruits or in fans. They have a good record at this moment but it would surprise everyone if they win more than one or two games the rest of the season. More doubt they win their bowl game if they get one.

We are not delusional. Do we not have some history? We know Rutgers claimed NJ for themselves but they have not taken NYC in recruits or in fans. They have a good record at this moment but it would surprise everyone if they win more than one or two games the rest of the season. More doubt they win their bowl game if they get one.
i believe you are right about what their record will be, just not all the rest

It always cracks me up the amount of people who claim to care less about Rutgers and want to see this thread deleted, yet open the thread to read and comment.

It always cracks me up the amount of people who claim to care less about Rutgers and want to see this thread deleted, yet open the thread to read and comment.
Exactly. To the people who hate this thread - Go your merry way and let us have our fun. Please ignore us.

there is one admin that has been and still is obsessed with ru and a MULTITUDE of others. kids today, live for here and now, not history. history may influence them, but like everyone else, whats in it for me. the average idiot as you call them, are not idiots at all. they are merely responding to the climate at hand, do i like that? no. to believe that the su trophy case makes that big a difference is plain stupid. if you do not win, you will never be able to take them past the trophy case. we have been arrogant and cheap to our misfortune. we have done this to ourselves, and if su does not wake up soon we will be the tulane of d1 football. we may be back to d2 if we do not take drastic action

Oh right because recruits have their pictures taken with the Heisman at RU too right? Nope they don't pay attention to that ... or have a grip on the history of some of these programs. Like Bam said these kids do pay attention (at least the ones that are smart enough) to know fact and fiction.

But... but... butttttt... all the likes... My precious...
gollum_and_ring.jpg

tipphill said:

Not our fault if Rutgirls gives us so much ammo. It's not always about wins and losses. If this thread bothers you so much, feel free not to click on it.

Good to see that the obsessed posters and admins of our board are keeping Rutgirls front and center on what's supposed to be a Syracuse forum... Well if I can't beat 'em...

Should be fun to watch them get embarrassed on ABC at 3:30 this Saturday - for some reason the whack-jobs decided this is national showcase material... glad that they will just be showcasing Ohio State exposing Rutgirls for the Division 3 team that they are!!! Screw Rutgirlz!!!! They SUCK!!!

Good to see that the obsessed posters and admins of our board are keeping Rutgirls front and center on what's supposed to be a Syracuse forum... Well if I can't beat 'em...

Should be fun to watch them get embarrassed on ABC at 3:30 this Saturday - for some reason the whack-jobs decided this is national showcase material... glad that they will just be showcasing Ohio State exposing Rutgirls for the Division 3 team that they are!!! Screw Rutgirlz!!!! They SUCK!!!

There you go. Doesn't that feel so much better?

Welcome to the club.

I will again ask the people who object so strenuously to this thread, and find it so off-putting and embarrassing,

DON'T READ IT. DON'T CLICK ON IT. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

Sheesh - it's not that hard to figure out. :rolleyes:

rrlbees said:
Still stands in my mind they are a not a rival. Looking down on them or not doesn't make them a rival. Our rivals are the schools I mentioned. But they also provide plenty of material to laugh at.

If there was a BC, Pitt, WVU dumpster fire thread, it wouldn't have 50 posts.

I've finally accepted it, especially given where their program is. We should play them, would be good for us. To too many SU fans, they are the team we'd most want to beat. We need to schedule it.