The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

If there was a BC, Pitt, WVU dumpster fire thread, it wouldn't have 50 posts.

I've finally accepted it, especially given where their program is. We should play them, would be good for us. To too many SU fans, they are the team we'd most want to beat. We need to schedule it.

I disagree.

Just because they attract such derision, doesn't mean they are a rival. Laughing at them and making fun of them aren't the basis for a rivalry.

In fact, their sin was that they wanted to have SU as a rival to hitchhike on SU's tradition. They wanted to imbue their program with an aura of tradition it never had achieved.

Now they want Penn State to be their rival. It'll never stop. Before they wanted Princeton to be their rival.

They were never our rival in any real sense.

Townie72 said:
I disagree. Just because they attract such derision, doesn't mean they are a rival. Laughing at them and making fun of them aren't the basis for a rivalry. In fact, their sin was that they wanted to have SU as a rival to hitchhike on SU's tradition. They wanted to imbue their program with an aura of tradition it never had achieved. Now they want Penn State to be their rival. It'll never stop. Before they wanted Princeton to be their rival. They were never our rival in any real sense.

When it comes to their football program, what exactly are we laughing about right now?

They generate far more discussion than BC, and that's kind of depressing. Maybe this new craze of conference pride is killing the rivalry concept, at least for ACC football.

If there was a BC, Pitt, WVU dumpster fire thread, it wouldn't have 50 posts.

I've finally accepted it, especially given where their program is. We should play them, would be good for us. To too many SU fans, they are the team we'd most want to beat. We need to schedule it.

A WVU dumpster fire thread would def have 50 posts. All of those possible pics/gifs/memes that could be used...

When it comes to their football program, what exactly are we laughing about right now?

They generate far more discussion than BC, and that's kind of depressing. Maybe this new craze of conference pride is killing the rivalry concept, at least for ACC football.
It's more the entire athletic department at this point, rather than just the football team. Although, I am sure they will provide some ammunition at some point, too.

Rutgirls getting beaten like a drum as they should be.

35-7 with 1:30 left in the half
Makes you wonder what their record would be if they had our schedule. 5-1 against the sisters of the poor and then epically beatdown in their first game against an above average team.

Rutgirls getting beaten like a drum as they should be.

35-7 with 1:30 left in the half

B..b...b...b...b...but Rutgers is going to win the B1G... That's what I was told...

Makes you wonder what their record would be if they had our schedule. 5-1 against the sisters of the poor and then epically beatdown in their first game against an above average team.

I said this same thing several posts ago ... and I got news for the people on this board that think they are in a better position than we are ... this OSU team was beat by VT .. a bad VT team to boot ... SU would not lose to OSU like this .. not even close.

Scarlet Knights? Buckeyes Ponder a New Big Ten (NYTimes)

Ohio State Fans Take an Informal Rutgers Pop Quiz..

The OSU fans performed better than I expected.

Money Quotes:

Speaking of which, did she want to take a shot at the Rutgers’ team nickname?
“Um, is it the Nuggets?”

“To be honest, I’d never heard of Rutgers until I got my season tickets.”

asked if he could name a single Rutgers athlete — in football or any sport — he shrugged.

“When we played Auburn a few years ago, I went down there and it wasn’t even, ‘Where is Rutgers,’ it was, ‘What’s a Rutgers?’ ”

Hence, the conundrum: Rutgers’ identity is tied to a place it is only wishfully connected to.

Nearly 150 years of football nothingness has brought about the sum total of the above sampling.

I said this same thing several posts ago ... and I got news for the people on this board that think they are in a better position than we are ... this OSU team was beat by VT .. a bad VT team to boot ... SU would not lose to OSU like this .. not even close.

There is a part of me that would like Syracuse to Rutgers periodically, but then I think, "Why?"

There is a part of me that would like Syracuse to Rutgers periodically, but then I think, "Why?"

I have no desire to do that at all .. neither does Shafer ... bring all comers ... don't be a bunch of ... I'll let you fill in the blanks. As a side note I don't think I would want to be Texas A&M today either ... I knew they were in for it when I saw Saban's press conference and how pissed he was ... yikes.

Does OSU hate rutgirls? 49-10 and their still throwing all over the place. A TD pass to make it 56-10 now.

Does OSU hate rutgirls? 49-10 and their still throwing all over the place. A TD pass to make it 56-10 now.

Meyer is/was not going to chance any opportunity for a Rutgers bragging point. What happened to a very down Michigan team was not going to happen to his team. Not in his lifetime.

Wow. OSU just went for it on 4th and 4 from inside the girls 20 yd line. They messed up, but still

Ohio St. 56 .....The football gods have spoken.

Rutgirls must be the luckiest team year in and out when getting real good programs at rock bottom.

At the end of four quarters, Rutgers 17, Ohio State 56, and tOSU quit playing after they got up 10-56 in the third. Thankfully, this bad tOSU team still spanked them. Not sure I could handle Rutgers fans coming over here telling us how they beat Michigan and tOSU in the same season (ignoring the obvious fact that neither team is living up to their legacy).

This is not meant as a slam to those on this site that would like to forget everything Rutgers, rather just a reminder that Rutgers has little brother syndrome or something worse but I am not a psychiatrist so I have no clue how bad their disorder is, I just know it is real bad).

https://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=175654394&mid=175654394&sid=988&style=2

Rutgers still needs validation. Even riding the coattails of the B1G they cannot get it. It will be interesting to see exactly what the ratings are for the Rutgers/tOSU game are.

This is not meant as a slam to those on this site that would like to forget everything Rutgers, rather just a reminder that Rutgers has little brother syndrome or something worse but I am not a psychiatrist so I have no clue how bad their disorder is, I just know it is real bad).

https://rutgers. /showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=175654394&mid=175654394&sid=988&style=2

Rutgers still needs validation. Even riding the coattails of the B1G they cannot get it. It will be interesting to see exactly what the ratings are for the Rutgers/tOSU game are.

Link doesn't work.

Link doesn't work.
This site does not allow links to other sports-related message board sites. Copy the link and in the space after 'rutgers.' enter 'r i v a l s . c o m' (without the spaces, of course).