The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Rutgers gets unlimited use of the chopper in return for ad space for the copter rental company in the stadium

Which means they're paying for it. The ad space in the stadium has a financial value; they're simply using that financial value to rent a helicopter.

Anybody reminded of this?

Dukakis-Tank-Ad-e1384898913712.jpg

I would like to see updated numbers, those are 5 years old. That was at Rutgers peak, and good for them. I am just curious if they have kept those fans or even grown in popularity.

Not only old but the numbers are designed to mislead. NYC does not have 20 million people, closer to 8.5 million. The TV DMA covers NYC, LI, Part of Connecticut and northern Jersey. When alleging fans in NYC, they are more likely counting the fans from northern Jersey and including them in the NYC fans.

Also, no other article or demographics that I have seen corresponds with the numbers proposed in the article. Most show Rutgers has trace amount of fans in NYC proper, none in Connecticut and none north of NYC. This supports my proposition that the enlarged number of 20MM in the NYC DMA covers northern Jersey and that is where they get their fans from. Also, I do not recall an actual definition of fandom and the questions asked to obtain the responses. This is important as polls can be tailored to garner the responses a party wishes to obtain and these numbers are so far off from any other published set of data regarding CFB fandom in NYC and its DMA that it is very hard to believe the numbers are reasonably close to being real.

is that a chin strap or a lip strap?

"Between a top-10 recruiting base, a lack of any meaningful in-state competition, a powerhouse conference, the biggest media market in the country, and a rabid, growing fanbase, Rutgers is poised to join the upper echelon of college football dynasties in the 2020s.

This has caused a fair share of angst throughout the Midwest. As Rutgers rises and traditional power programs fall (looking at you Nebraska), the football world has experienced some pretty serious cognitive dissonance. This can't be right they say. So hands are wrung, excuses are made, and facts are swept aside."

Every time some idiot claims Rutgers is dominating their in-state recruiting, this goes here.

untitled-2-jpg.65574