The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 367 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I agree and I would also add that they probably think Schiano is a average coach. Even if they went all out for him he would be a 6-7 win coach at best so why give him what he wants? You can get Butch Jones for less money. Rutgers people are so bent on getting a guy that knows how to recruit Jersey. What they have to understand is that Jersey kids will always leave the state. Its what they've always done.
Don Vito would have made him an offer that he couldn't refuse.

jxrafdHLdrIBhD8Dcf.gif

Other Requests Greg Schiano made in his contract on Rutgers:
1. No blue M&M’s
2. All wood chopping to be done by machine
3. Personal barber to ensure my hair never gets more than 5/8 of an inch from my scalp.
4. I shall be provided with a serious-looking Greg Schiano mask that I shall wear full time to prevent people from seeing me laughing all the way to the bank
5. 42,000 red cardboard cut outs to complement the 8000 fans in attendance, so The stadium looks full.
6. In all instances I shall be referred to as Savior Schiano or His Most Scarlet of Knights Schiano.
7. All campus mirrors to have my reflection in them.
8. Team name changed to the Scarlet Schianos.
9. After team name is changed, I shall be referred to as The Scarletest of Schianos or, simply Red.
10. I shall conduct practice from a 150 foot tower accessible via private helicopter. That is all. Thank you garden state.

I hope this post qualifies as staying on topic.
Post of the year!

Current rumor is Jeff Hafley is their top candidate...

View attachment 173381
He would be a good hire. Has lots of experience, has a strong background in the East, has a strong reputation as a teacher and a recruiter.

I think he is much more qualified for that job than Chris Ash.

But the lack of head coaching experience...not good.

Last edited:
The more you think about it, the crazier it is. A former head coach at the university, who went to the NFL, who was handpicked by Urban Meyer and Bill Belichek to run their defenses, who publicly let it be known he wanted to coach Rutgers, who Rutgers was very clear was their top target, who had crazy alumni/booster support, was allowed to walk away with no deal.

Add on top of that the internal and external/booster anger about this and it’s hard to imagine an AD screwing this up so terribly.

Add on top of that the internal and external/booster anger about this and it’s hard to imagine an AD screwing this up so terribly.
Their recent string of AD hires has been just as bad as their string of football coach hires...

My favorite quote from the article... “This has been a clown show in a three-ring circus, taking place in a dumpster fire, on the back of a train wreck hurdling towards a cliff for a while now.” Okay, I may have embellished the quote a little. But I think that’s the point he was trying to make.