The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 373 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

He’ll get a bit of a bump in recruiting on his name and the hype in NJ. But it will die at the hands of their division foes.

He’ll get a bit of a bump in recruiting on his name and the hype in NJ. But it will die at the hands of their division foes.

It's a risky proposition for the kids because they know they may never see a bowl game during their careers. It took him 5 years in the Big East playing UConn (5-6), Syracuse (1-11), LVille (9-2), Cinncinati (4-7), Pitt (5-6), South Florida (6-5), WVU (10-1). Hardly a murderers row. That 5th year he finally broke through (at 7-5) he had additional wins against Villanova (4-7), Buffalo (1-11) and Navy (7-4).

Going to be tougher sledding this time around and supp raises a good point about expectations. Going to be way higher.

Last edited:
The recruits were babies back in 06. Does anyone really get excited over schiano?

HS coaches and boosters remember - that's the hype. Not much, but it's all they got

HS coaches and boosters remember - that's the hype. Not much, but it's all they got
Not all those coaches are still there. There have been a lot of changes amongst the big programs.

He was always good at the smoke and mirrors show that is recruiting. We'll see if his methods register with a new generation. Recruiting at OSU just isn't a reliable metric for how a coach will do away from Columbus. But I think he's going to have success again. Jersey pride is a thing even if most people from Jersey have a really complicated relationship with their home state. Schiano was really good at selling the idea of Jersey pride. If he gets the right combo like he had with Teel and Rice, he could challenge MSU for 4th place in the East. You look at that division and no matter how you slice and dice it, Rutgers and Maryland are behind the 8 ball.

He was always good at the smoke and mirrors show that is recruiting. We'll see if his methods register with a new generation. Recruiting at OSU just isn't a reliable metric for how a coach will do away from Columbus. But I think he's going to have success again. Jersey pride is a thing even if most people from Jersey have a really complicated relationship with their home state. Schiano was really good at selling the idea of Jersey pride. If he gets the right combo like he had with Teel and Rice, he could challenge MSU for 4th place in the East. You look at that division and no matter how you slice and dice it, Rutgers and Maryland are behind the 8 ball.

Rice was a generational type player. Teams like Syracuse and Rutgers are always good when they have a generational type talent. Easier said than done.

Rice was a generational type player. Teams like Syracuse and Rutgers are always good when they have a generational type talent. Easier said than done.
Hey hey hey

He just kept Sitkowski

That's why I say even if he manages to catch lightning in a bottle again, the best he'll likely do is 4th. That is a bear of a division. Any coach at Rutgers is set up for failure and in Schiano's case, things are even tougher. Expectations will be higher than they were for Flood and Ash. If Ash could make Rutgers just competitive not a winning team this year, I bet they would have held on to him.

Not sure his SCHIANO MAN act works in 2019.

1575340620194.png

I am so happy that Rutgers and Schiano are married again.

Their delusional fanbase will be back at peak hysteria by the end of summer camp.

RRRUUU and RutgersAl have already scheduled their matching, full back tattoos of Schiano gnawing on a tooth pick.

May Piscataway rot in hell, forever.

Not all those coaches are still there. There have been a lot of changes amongst the big programs.

Ok. I’m predicting his 2nd recruiting class will be better than any of Ash’s. It will all be smoke and mirrors and it won’t work, but I think it’s undeniable that he has more cache than Ash or Flood.

I am so happy that Rutgers and Schiano are married again.

Their delusional fanbase will be back at peak hysteria by the end of summer camp.

RRRUUU and RutgersAl have already scheduled their matching, full back tattoos of Schiano gnawing on a tooth pick.

May Piscataway rot in hell, forever.
The whole last week of this ridiculous saga you would have thought they were courting bear Bryant.

They're going to probably land Jalen Berger, which will be seen as a big win for them.

Berger's a good get, but I think he's a bit overrated by the services and a lot of the big name offers he had aren't out there anymore. Unfortunately that will give them a little momentum on the trail.

All we have to do is handle our business in Piscataway next year though and there's nothing to worry about.

Why should anyone worry about this clown? The guy was 500 in a weak big east with most of his wins against cupcakes. He couldn't beat WV how's he beating OSU mich psu? This will be edsall 2.0.
i agree with you. however, selfishly speaking he shut us out of nj recruiting. i vividly remember our arrogance re him back then. i trust we do not repeat that. our recruiting has been dismal, and we need to get good players where ever we can. everyone talks about how broke rutgers is yet they manage to get funds for contract buyouts, new coaches contracts, assistants etc etc. and will also get the facilities to compete. that is the power of a wealthy state with political support to the state university right up to the governor. we, on the other hand , had a mayor who set us and the city back 20yrs.

i agree with you. however, selfishly speaking he shut us out of nj recruiting. i vividly remember our arrogance re him back then. i trust we do not repeat that. our recruiting has been dismal, and we need to get good players where ever we can. everyone talks about how broke rutgers is yet they manage to get funds for contract buyouts, new coaches contracts, assistants etc etc. and will also get the facilities to compete. that is the power of a wealthy state with political support to the state university right up to the governor. we, on the other hand , had a mayor who set us and the city back 20yrs.

This is the overblown commonly held belief - that their rise from awful to mediocre was built at our expense in recruiting. But truth is, we made an awful hire with no NE recruiting ties, were not keeping up with facilities, and the BE was a depleted shell of what it was.

Did they get a couple of guys we wanted? Yeah. But Schiano did not turn them into a national or even BE power. We sucked because of Gerg and internal issues 95%, recruiting NJ 5%.

This is the overblown commonly held belief - that their rise from awful to mediocre was built at our expense in recruiting. But truth is, we made an awful hire with no NE recruiting ties, were not keeping up with facilities, and the BE was a depleted shell of what it was.

Did they get a couple of guys we wanted? Yeah. But Schiano did not turn them into a national or even BE power. We sucked because of Gerg and internal issues 95%, recruiting NJ 5%.
apparently there is a reading comprehension problem at work. no one said that the rise was built at our expense . what was said was that they shut us out of recruiting nj . that is not one in the same. we sucked for many reasons, mostly not putting money into the program and facilities when we were good. this cost us recruiting as well as pp his job.

apparently there is a reading comprehension problem at work. no one said that the rise was built at our expense . what was said was that they shut us out of recruiting nj . that is not one in the same. we sucked for many reasons, mostly not putting money into the program and facilities when we were good. this cost us recruiting as well as pp his job.

Please explain how that’s different, Lol

Ok. I’m predicting his 2nd recruiting class will be better than any of Ash’s. It will all be smoke and mirrors and it won’t work, but I think it’s undeniable that he has more cache than Ash or Flood.
A park bench has more cache than Ash.
Bee-bah Bee-bah. Bee-bah. La police de grammaire française est ici.

From Wiktionary -
cache - A store of things that may be required in the future, which can be retrieved rapidly, protected or hidden in some way.
cachet - A special characteristic or quality; prestige.

I see it a lot. It grates on my nerves.

Last edited: