The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 389 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Schiano just reeled in top 10 N.J. recruit Elijah Clark to kick off ‘21 recruiting class. Offers from Michigan, Miami, WV, Pitt, BC, Maryland, Cuse amoungst others...

Wait and see what he does with the first class that he has an actual chance to recruit before declaring “big trouble”.

RRRUUU got a new handle! Hello long lost foe...

Schiano just reeled in top 10 N.J. recruit Elijah Clark to kick off ‘21 recruiting class. Offers from Michigan, Miami, WV, Pitt, BC, Maryland, Cuse amoungst others...

Wait and see what he does with the first class that he has an actual chance to recruit before declaring “big trouble”.
No Cuse offer

Legit commitable offer from BC, Temple, UMass, Maryland, NC State at this point

Verbal non commitable offer from Michigan, Miami, WVU

He's a good prospect for sure, and a good start.

But as alluded above, see where it plays out if Michigan becomes commitable or PSU comes calling.

Im in the minority here - I think Rutgers will have a top 50 class ... Not sure he pulls too 40.

Such a failure that Bill Belichick hired him as DC for the Patriots which Schiano walked away from because he wanted to go back to the college game as a head coach.

By all accounts his players love him and speak very highly of their time being coached by Schiano. He showed his character with how he handled the Eric Legrand situation and has always run a clean program. Just because he took it to Syracuse on the field and recruiting trail his last go around doesn’t make him a bad person...

His Tampa Bay players hated him, laughed at him for following Belichick around like a little puppy dog and doing whatever he wanted when they practiced together, and compared playing in TB for him to “Cuba”.

Guess we will see. Think Schiano lands top 40 class this upcoming year when all is said and done...
Just what are you smoking or drinking?
He is now coaching in arguably the best division in college football so it will take time and be hard to succeed...
I just checked Rutgirls’ schedule.
This is likely the easiest that Greg will ever have it.

Monmouth - easy W
Syracuse - new OC, new DC
Temple - 2nd year coach
O$U - L
Illinois - 50/50
Purdue - weak
Indiana - probable L
Nebraska - Frosty coach with a losing record
Maryland - 2nd year coach on 7-game losing streak
Michigan - L
Michigan State - coach-less
Ped State - L

RU will possibly have 4 or 5 wins this year.

The best Schiano will ever do is a 7-win season when the dark stars align over some of the B1G’s programs & scheduling gods. 4-6 wins will be the norm. A lot better than 2–3 wins per year...

Last edited:
IMG_20190123_121122437.jpg

Not what it used to be - which wasn't much in the first place.

Just what are you smoking or drinking?

A nice Montecristo white on tap for later! Guess we will see how things unfold but I am pretty confident that he lands an outstanding class when all is said and done this year...

I just checked Rutgirls’ schedule.
This is likely the easiest that Greg will ever have it.

Monmouth - easy W
Syracuse - new OC, new DC
Temple - 2nd year coach
O$U - L
Illinois - 50/50
Purdue - weak
Indiana - probable L
Nebraska - Frosty coach with a losing record
Maryland - 2nd year coach on 7-game losing streak
Michigan - L
Michigan State - coach-less
Ped State - L

RU will possibly have 4 or 5 wins this year.

The best Schiano will ever do is a 7-win season when the dark stars align over some of the B1G’s programs & scheduling gods. 4-6 wins will be the norm. A lot better than 2–3 wins per year...

So RU has a new HC, DC, OC. etc. Schiano has to completely rebuild the team from the bottom up yet somehow it’s the easiest he will have it? He will be behind the eight ball for a few years until his recruits raise the talent level in the program. The teams RU will be playing(minus Monmouth) have a lot less problems then Schiano has to deal with right now and should have the advantage vs yr 1 of a complete rebuild...

So RU has a new HC, DC, OC. etc. Schiano has to completely rebuild the team from the bottom up yet somehow it’s the easiest he will have it? He will be behind the eight ball for a few years until his recruits raise the talent level in the program. The teams RU will be playing(minus Monmouth) have a lot less problems then Schiano has to deal with right now and should have the advantage vs yr 1 of a complete rebuild...

all of which is why we'll watch and see how the class holds when he's 2-10 and getting pummeled again.

No Cuse offer

Legit commitable offer from BC, Temple, UMass, Maryland, NC State at this point

Verbal non commitable offer from Michigan, Miami, WVU

He's a good prospect for sure, and a good start.

But as alluded above, see where it plays out if Michigan becomes commitable or PSU comes calling.

Im in the minority here - I think Rutgers will have a top 50 class ... Not sure he pulls too 40.

Rutger football has a long and storied history...

... of getting pretty talented guys to commit early, only to de-commit later.

Here's a classic example:
#PennState RB Saquon Barkley is a former #RFootball commit.
Not sure where he'd fit in this loaded backfield. #CHOPNation

Too bad the RUDecommits twitter isn't active anymore - they'd be having a field day these past few seasons.

Rutger is the placeholder P5 offer, where 'croots hedge their bets, while waiting on better offers from schools that don't suck at football.

Kudos to you for trying to defend the indefensible.

We're going to change your handle to Sisyphus.

Kudos to you for trying to defend the indefensible.

We're going to change your handle to Sisyphus.

Maybe more like Prometheus?

First off - meth is his middle name. Perfect fit.

Secondly - stole fire from the Gods, and punished for eternity for it? Ditto, somehow.
You ever see those NJ refinery flames burning 24/7?

And lastly - chained to a rock, having his liver eaten daily by an eagle, for all of eternity?

This is pretty much daily life for Rutger football in the B1G;
playing tOSU, Michigan, State Penn, et al.

all of which is why we'll watch and see how the class holds when he's 2-10 and getting pummeled again.

The recruits who commit will do so knowing this is a rebuild. Schiano will be targeting a much higher level of recruit going forward so competition will be stiff. Ofcourse there will be some recruits who commit/decommit just like every program has but I am confident he winds up pulling an outstanding class this year despite his first year record...

The recruits who commit will do so knowing this is a rebuild. Schiano will be targeting a much higher level of recruit going forward so competition will be stiff. Ofcourse there will be some recruits who commit/decommit just like every program has but I am confident he winds up pulling an outstanding class this year despite his first year record...

He'll be able to sell immediate playing time which is a HUGE selling point. But those poor kids will end up going 4 years getting pummeled never having been to a bowl game. By year 3 the shine will have worn off and rebuild will be a much harder sell because those kids will look at the 4-20 record and be thinking nfw.

You'll still never be able to compete with your conference big boys or any other elite school that wants a player.

Rutgers fans better enjoy this recruiting class, because it's the only full year Schiano will get the benefit of rose-colored glasses in state. That will wear off FAST and he's going to have to show he can win in a conference designed for him to lose.

Please check back this time next year so you can rub RU's "outstanding class" in our faces.

He'll be able to sell immediate playing time which is a HUGE selling point. But those poor kids will end up going 4 years getting pummeled never having been to a bowl game. By year 3 the shine will have worn off and rebuild will be a much harder sell because those kids will look at the 4-20 record and be thinking nfw.

You'll still never be able to compete with your conference big boys or any other elite school that wants a player.

Or they wind up getting to bowl games by their junior/senior years and elevate things to the next level. Schiano has proven he can recruit against big name schools when he was at RU last. When he left for the NFL he had a top 25 class going and now he has the BIG 10 to sell instead of Big East.

Like I said, this year will be the easiest (schedule wise) for Rutty.
The other programs (MSU, Nebraska, etc) will only get stronger. Greg won’t be able to keep up. I would highly recommend that RU schedule Yukon for the next 10 years.

Or they wind up getting to bowl games by their junior/senior years and elevate things to the next level. Schiano has proven he can recruit against big name schools when he was at RU last. When he left for the NFL he had a top 25 class going and now he has the BIG 10 to sell instead of Big East.
I respect the fact you love and support your team. Good fans always do, through thick and thin.

I question your logic and reason. You credit Schiano with the ability to get great recruits, I disagree as most of his recruits are overrated. However, for the sake of argument, I will play your game.

Schiano has never done anything with the recruits he gets. Sure, he pulled off a 10 win season - once! In a run-dwnn Big East. His won-loss record in the run-down Big East was far less than impressive for a great recruiter.

Schiano never won a Big East title outright. In fact, Rutgers never won a Big East title outright. And Schiano coached in the run-down Big East. Not an impressive showing for a great recruiter.

You have not transitioned your arguments to address the fact, the proverbial elephant in the room, that Rutgers is now in the B1G East. Schiano's won-loss record is built solely on beating historically bad teams and teams in down periods. He has no top 10 wins, top tier bowl wins, sole conference titles, and no significant wins, except Louisville ( I disagree this was significant, but I am playing your game). How do you translate his past and great recruiting into a sustained winning program against the B1G and P5 teams?

There is a common disclaimer when purchasing financial investments that past performance is not an indicator of future returns. This made with a stable fund manager, stable corporations, known competitors, etc., while Rutgers is in a completely new world for Schiano coaching wise.

Like I said, I respect that you love and support your team, but I simply do not see your arguments holding any sway.

Nobody not named Bama, Clemson or LSU has actually reeled in anybody yet for the 2021 class.

It's a different day and age since the last time he coached at RU and he's making a LOT more $. The powers that be at RU epl not have the patience they did before.

He's still a 3 star. Relax a bit. He will get guys. We know that. There is optimism because of his return. Kids will give him a try because of that. Plus Jersey coaches think he is the messiah lol. Just wait after a couple years when he is still fighting for 5th place in the division with Indiana and Maryland.