The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 405 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

My favorite part of this thread is the folks who come here to stick up for Rutgers and then pages later are proven wrong. There were pages of people being worried that Ash was going to out recruit us.

We blew out Duke the year before. Rutgers hasn't blown out a P5 opponent since UNC in 2014. They hadn't even beaten a P5 in 2 years prior to Mich St this year.

1 win against a bad Mich State and a couple garbage time TDs in a blowout loss is enough for some of these people. Seems odd to me, but whatever.

My favorite part of this thread is the folks who come here to stick up for Rutgers and then pages later are proven wrong. There were pages of people being worried that Ash was going to out recruit us.

We blew out Duke the year before. Rutgers hasn't blown out a P5 opponent since UNC in 2014. They hadn't even beaten a P5 in 2 years prior to Mich St this year.

Not for nothing but watching both teams it's pretty clear that Ash out recruited us...

Msu is bad. So are we I don't know what would happened if we played them but it doesn't change the fact they suck.

Not for nothing but watching both teams it's pretty clear that Ash out recruited us...

Schiano brought in a bunch of transfers. If you want to prove your theory you could watch such classic Rutgers as the 52-0 pasting vs Michigan last year. Or the 35-0 loss to Indiana last year where they had 75 total yards of offense. Not in the quarter, no for *the game*

Schiano brought in a bunch of transfers. If you want to prove your theory you could watch such classic Rutgers as the 52-0 pasting vs Michigan last year. Or the 35-0 loss to Indiana last year where they had 75 total yards of offense. Not in the quarter, no for *the game*

Yeah they stunk the last few years but are only starting 4 of those transfers you mentioned. Two on each side of the ball. One is the QB which is obviously huge. They have been competitive in every game they’ve played this year. I don’t like it any more than you do but it’s reality - Ash did out recruit Dino.

Yeah they stunk the last few years but are only starting 4 of those transfers you mentioned. Two on each side of the ball. One is the QB which is obviously huge. They have been competitive in every game they’ve played this year. I don’t like it any more than you do but it’s reality - Ash did out recruit Dino.

Bwhahah. No.

Look at the records, stats, etc from the last bunch of years. There is no case to be made. How many 10 win seasons does Rutgers have in their history?

Schiano *might* out recruit and have a better record than Dino. But that story isn’t written yet.

Bwhahah. No.

Look at the records, stats, etc from the last bunch of years. There is no case to be made. How many 10 win seasons does Rutgers have in their history?

Schiano *might* out recruit and have a better record than Dino. But that story isn’t written yet.

We shall see. All I know is they are playing competitive football with Ash recruits.

We shall see. All I know is they are playing competitive football with Ash recruits.

They are competitive vs Mich St in the same way that we’re competitive against Ga Tech

And again - there’s no need to judge solely on this year. They’ve been god awful for years

I did not watch the Rutgers/tOSU game, but the box score tells the tale:

Quarter: 1 2 3 4 F
RU 3 0 6 18 27
tOSU 7 28 7 7 49

I don't see Rutgers competing with tOSU in the box score. Not claiming SU is any better, but to see people claiming Rutgers is competitive this fall is a real stretch, much like Schiano's recruiting ethics, a very serious stretch at best.

They are competitive vs Mich St in the same way that we’re competitive against Ga Tech

And again - there’s no need to judge solely on this year. They’ve been god awful for years
looking at history from 20yrs ago does not predict anything. we have been god awful for years as well. i wish marrone was back. we need to pound rutgers in everything to keep a presence in jersey

looking at history from 20yrs ago does not predict anything. we have been god awful for years as well. i wish marrone was back. we need to pound rutgers in everything to keep a presence in jersey

Look, if you don't want context and only want to be afraid of Rutgers based on a feeling, be my guest. Not much there to argue with.

Ohio State was competitive? It was over by halftime!

Look, if you don't want context and only want to be afraid of Rutgers based on a feeling, be my guest. Not much there to argue with.
I'm not saying it will or won't happen but there are some parallels to what happened in the past as to what's happening now and I can see how that may have some people nervous. Fact is we are heading towards another 1 win season while Schiano is starting to make waves in NJ again. That turned out really bad for us last time around. I don't know that it would have the same impact given the fact that we have different conference affiliation but it's starting to feel like 2005 all over again.

I'm not saying it will or won't happen but there are some parallels to what happened in the past as to what's happening now and I can see how that may have some people nervous. Fact is we are heading towards another 1 win season while Schiano is starting to make waves in NJ again. That turned out really bad for us last time around. I don't know that it would have the same impact given the fact that we have different conference affiliation but it's starting to feel like 2005 all over again.

I get all that, I do. Here's one last graph for you:

HCAverage SoS
Schiano 2001-2011-0.58
Schiano 20206.68

The old Big East is not the Big Ten. He absolutely feasted on weak schedules. I'd be ashamed if that were my record. (A "normal" P5 season with OOC and an FCS team will get you between 2-6)

We were competitive with Shafer recruits. We beat a top 20 team in his first year. Also, this is not the same rutgers team Ash had. They had the most transfers out of any team in the countey. Most of them are starting or in the rotation.

Seems kinda weird to pick an absolute low point for Dino - a year where absolutely everything that could go wrong has - and claim Rutgers is outdoing him because they scored a couple 4th quarter TDs in a game they were losing by 30. You Costanzas can’t even wait for them to win a few games before pulling this BS.

They should beat Ilinois, there QB and other players are out several weeks because of CV19. That win won't change the way I feel about their team.

Seems kinda weird to pick an absolute low point for Dino - a year where absolutely everything that could go wrong has - and claim Rutgers is outdoing him because they scored a couple 4th quarter TDs in a game they were losing by 30. You Costanzas can’t even wait for them to win a few games before pulling this BS.

It was originally about recruiting. The comment was "there are people who think Ash was out recruiting us."

Having seen both teams play this year, I would say he did just that. But we can agree to disagree. They are starting 4 transfers out of 22. That definitely helps but it's a roster mostly made up of the aforementioned Ash recruits.

It was originally about recruiting. The comment was "there are people who think Ash was out recruiting us."

Having seen both teams play this year, I would say he did just that. But we can agree to disagree. They are starting 4 transfers out of 22. That definitely helps but it's a roster mostly made up of the aforementioned Ash recruits.
Out recruiting us? Base on the circumstances of both teams, us having a big injury hit/opt outs. rutgers having a new staff, with new players and you can determine Ash out recruited us by that? You are under selling their transfers. There is 5 new starters with experience from previous schools and 2 others that are in the rotation. Plus Schiano got rid of a dozen Ash recruits that were in their first or second year. That tells you how bad their roster was.

Last edited:

While Dino is staring a third string QB, 6th string RB, had 6 OL one of which is a great hearted utility man who never played OL, lots of underclassmen on D, shall I go on? Seriously, as DW pointed out, everything that could go wrong this fall has gone wrong and yet Dino has the team playing hard. Meanwhile, RU scores a couple meaningless TDs in the 4th after the game had been decide 30 minutes prior on the game clock, and tOSU was down to water boys and towel boys on the field. If you want to be afraid of Schiano, have at it.
The wiser money is to wait and see, though most of us know that Shady will not be allowed to pull his recruiting hijinks in the B1G.

Out recruiting us? Base on the circumstances of both teams, us having a big injury hit/opt outs. rutgers having a new staff, with new players and you can determine Ash out recruited us by that? You are under selling their transfers. There is 5 new starters with experience from previous schools and 2 others that are in the rotation. Plus Schiano got rid of a dozen Ash recruits that were in their first or second year. That tells you how bad their roster was.

Honestly I'm sorry for saying anything and contributing to page 405 of this thread. It was my opinion based on watching both teams. But in reality comparing Ash's recruiting classes to Dino's is like arguing who the taller little person is (trying to be PC here...).

Honestly I'm sorry for saying anything and contributing to page 405 of this thread. It was my opinion based on watching both teams. But in reality comparing Ash's recruiting classes to Dino's is like arguing who the taller little person is (trying to be PC here...).
Lets get it to 1000. rutgers always seem to give us more material. It never fails.

Guys, I watched that game and I hate to say it but Rutgers currently has more talent than cuse, epecially along the lines. Another thing, GS has them playing hard even when behind, something Dino could lean from. Dino coaches and speaks like a dead man walking--and I was a big Dino supporter. Not a hater but never thought we'd be in this position in year 5, covid or not.
Yea there’s some truth there but Rutgers did one thing that Syracuse does not like to do which is shelling out the cash.
Rutgers overall staff is very well paid so I would assume there pretty damn good coaches