The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 420 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I cancelled mine a month ago and I won’t be back. I’m not sure how they expect to maintain subscribers when you replace a guy that actually provided timely recruiting info with a beat writer who excels at well written synopsis of mostly public information. Just a bad fit overall without a dedicated Syracuse recruiting analyst. People can rag on Mike for his writing ability or some of his antics but the guy busted his ass to provide recruiting content - which is the whole point of the site to begin with.
Can't argue with this. I like Bailey, but he seems to have not adjusted from being an SU beat guy to doing what people have asked for on that site (very explicitly and several times), which is cover recruiting. Basically the only time you hear anything about recruiting is when there is a commitment. He did have a couple of good reports on the team.
I'm only still on because my subscription automatically renewed after I planned on dropping it before giving it another chance after they gave me an extra month when I asked to cancel.

Last edited:
Can't argue with this. I like Bailey, but he seems to have not adjusted from being an SU beat guy to doing what people have asked for on that site (very explicitly and several times), which is cover recruiting. Basically the only time you hear anything about recruiting is when there is a commitment. He did have a couple of good reports on the team.
I'm only still on, because my subscription automatically renewed after I planned on dropping it before giving it another chance after they gave me an extra month when I asked to cancel.
I let mine run out, but signed up for the special a couple weeks ago for like $10 for a year Or what ever it was. Felt very similar, good articles but nothing you can’t get from watching pressers.

27797EE2-8994-4027-BC60-2627FC40B818.jpeg

The remnants of hurricane Ida almost swamped Rutgers stadium. The aptly named river road was flooded up to the doorsteps!

Yep, imagine what we'll see when the SEC boosters start playing hardball.
Lol. They have been. I think this actually helps with all the areas who’ve been less um cheaty

Lol. They have been. I think this actually helps with all the areas who’ve been less um cheaty

How, schools who don’t have a massive donor base, like SU. Still don’t have a big donor base, that hasn’t changed. Schools like the SEC, even if they were cheating before don’t have to hide it now. So the guy that was worried about getting in trouble before will now drop a few to have some guys advertise his used car store and give them cars to drive. They guys that were cheating still didn’t want to get caught so prob didn’t throw $ around like they could. Now they can and they will.

Not really sure how this helps schools who don’t have the financial backing of SEC schools especially. That didn’t change, just makes it easier for those schools to get more $ because there’s no repercussions now.

This tells me they knew the kid would decommit after seeing the on field product this year (which they always do there), so they got someone to use their corporate $ to pressure the kid to enroll immediately. Schiano finally figured out how to stop their decommits thanks to this new NIL garbage.

How could this kid have enough credits to be cleared by the NCAA?

Sidenote I had no idea this kid was committed to Ruckers but he had one of the poorest showings at the Elite 11. Really struggled.

so how many high schools have kids accelerated their class schedule so they can skip the senior yr and have enough done to get into college? My kids were tops in their class and couldnt come close to getting this done in our local small town CNY HS.

I don’t understand why they’d want to. Let it happen and enjoy the ride.

How could this kid have enough credits to be cleared by the NCAA?

Sidenote I had no idea this kid was committed to Ruckers but he had one of the poorest showings at the Elite 11. Really struggled.
Probably reclassified at some point so he could have an extra year to help with recruiting if he needed it.

Temple must be really bad.
Rutgers won’t do much in conference. That said with Shiano at the helm they are less likely to roll over. Let’s hope we show some stuff today otherwise we may all get really nervous really fast.