The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 452 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

That was not a called fake punt. Rutgers crashed the middle, punter moved to the right, saw there was literally no one anywhere near that side, double clutched, and then easily got the first down. I understand frustration in the moment, but this is a conference matchup. If you don't want them to walk to a first down...then don't let them. Margin of victory matters. There's no such thing as running up the score in a conference game.
Agree. Why didn't Rutgahs do the "hold everyone up at the line to make sure he punts" maneuver? As everyone has been saying, they collapsed toward the middle and the punter took off.

The punter should have let himself get gang tackled by 8 guys gunning for him for literally no reason but Schiano is a moron. But yeah, the punter got what was coming to him by picking up the first down.

That’s the thing. What was the alternative here? Get lit up? Have the punt blocked? I’m sure Day would’ve been cool with that.

I remember being super pissed in 02 when Miami beat us 7-49 and ran a fake punt with the game well in hand. I get it, but I don’t recall SU selling out for the block like Rutgers was. What the f@@$ did Schiano think was gonna happen when his team showed that???

That’s the thing. What was the alternative here? Get lit up? Have the punt blocked? I’m sure Day would’ve been cool with that.

I remember being super pissed in 02 when Miami beat us 7-49 and ran a fake punt with the game well in hand. I get it, but I don’t recall SU selling out for the block like Rutgers was. What the f@@$ did Schiano think was gonna happen when his team showed that???
I was trying to think of which game that was. I remember the Miami coach saying something like “if x happens, the punter is taught to run”.

• Today at 9:25 AM
Sorrycuse played 4 of 5 at home. Purdue would have been a loss for Sorrycuse on the road. The others were cupcakes including uconn on the road. And somehow this deserves a top 25 ranking lol. They’re not better than us. I’m guessing they’re chicken to come to our house and play the game they owe us because they know they’ll lose.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sorrycuse played 4 of 5 at home. Purdue would have been a loss for Sorrycuse on the road. The others were cupcakes including uconn on the road. And somehow this deserves a top 25 ranking lol. They’re not better than us. I’m guessing they’re chicken to come to our house and play the game they owe us because they know they’ll lose.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Hey Rutgers, how on earth did you guys give up *any* points to Wagner

Saw this on the Rutgers board. Hilarious
1664818609589.png

For all of those folks who keep saying that the punter has every right to take off for the first down up a ton halfway through the 4th - do me a favor - there are dozens of college football games played every weekend, please point out similar examples as they happen during the remainder of this season.
There probably won’t be any games where the punt coverage was as bad as Rutgers was.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Sure, we haven't played the murderer's row that we are about to, but it's not like we played 5 Rutgers either.

So are you in the camp with Killdozer above that the punter was completely justified?

Be honest, let's say everything is exactly the same in this situation but it's SU not Rutgers. How does this board react to that play?
Come on, man. A scripted fake punt? Frustrated. Hitting a punter out of bounds because he "deserved it?" You're so far off the rails I can't believe you don't see it. By all means, keep speaking.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
says the fan of the team who had to fight and claw to beat the almighty Temple Owls and BC Eagles by a combined 3 points

says the fan of the team who had to fight and claw to beat the almighty Temple Owls and BC Eagles by a combined 3 points
1664825530835.png

billorange44 was very respectful in saying that the comment made him chuckle. So, obviously the RU fan had to be a douchebag. And, billorange44 double downed on the kindness to the unworthy RU idiot.

View attachment 220697
billorange44 was very respectful in saying that the comment made him chuckle. So, obviously the RU fan had to be a douchebag. And, billorange44 double downed on the kindness to the unworthy RU idiot.
Word.

VirginiaRUfan said 'a lot of us', implying Rutgers has a lot of fans.

Nope.

This also implies Rutgers fans have a sense of humor.

Nope.

This also implies that Rutgers fans know about the Top 25.

Nope.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
"They are not better than us" LOL they almost lost to Temple. Temple two wins are Lafayette and Umass.