The all inclusive year long horrible biased (cheating) ACC ref thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The all inclusive year long horrible biased (cheating) ACC ref thread

There's discussions on this within multiple threads and since it isn't going away anytime soon thought we'd get it all in one thread going forward.

It's unreal how the commentators, coach, AD and some fans dance around the obvious. That there's an inherent bias with a disproportionate amount of bad calls against Syracuse. Game changing calls, game costing calls vs. Clemson and FSU a couple years back, game changing likely not costing this game against UNC.

The schmuck ex player on channel 9 completely dismissed it, completely laying the blame on Syracuse (lots of blame there sure), adam terry was completely politically correct in his choice of words ultimately admitting the obvious, we know Dino and Wildhack don't have the stones to make it as much as an issue as it should be and they should be doing. Adam Terry says he heard the ACC has said the call was wrong, yeah, ok, just great, what is going to be done about it?

As I mentioned elsewhere was at the game with 15 or so family who moved down there from NY over the years. The night before the game we we're discussing the game with me offering insights on the team/what to expect.

After going on about the players, X’s and O’s, I listed the litany of examples of biased cheating calls from the past, mentioned it may be unconscious or maybe not, but who cares on that point, said to expect more of the same in the game tomorrow at some point and time, to which I was met with "sure bud, sure" attitudes.

Well when it happened in the game so fast, to such an obvious and egregious extent with such a blatant example of being cheated, well to a man (and woman) my whole family looked back at me with incredulous looks with the my God, holy hell looks on their face with comments like "holy cow you weren't kidding".

Stuck around for a bit but when a short time later there was another crappy call extending another UNC drive I got the heck out of there early saying thanks but no thanks with some family following, with the rest later back to the tailgate.

So yeah back on point, what's going to be done about it now that at least this once incident it was admitted. What do they do when it, inevitably, happens again this weekend against FSU if it's an early close game or miraculously a close game later and the inevitable happens. It's going to happen, the only question is what type of call and how does Dino react to it this time getting screwed for the 40th time. I hope he has the stones to pull his team off or at least go ballistic and get kicked out to bring the attention to this compounding never ending issue.

Having been through this exact same scenario what most don't realize is whether consciously aware or not, the draining effect this has on players energy and psyche which inevitably lessens performance with the feeling that it doesn't matter what you do all too often, that the cards are stacked against you and your team with the feeling its 11 vs. 12 or even 18.

No player, the rare coach will admit it publicly because it's against our code of being tougher than tough, never admit things effect you, no weakness or excuses allowed, and you just gotta play the hand your dealt and other pablum bs...

You'll never hear a player admit it but I can tell you first hand, again whether its conscious or not, it DOES effect your performance and negatively effects you playing with the attitudinal edge to your game that you need to be successful.

When you have that edge from success begetting success, like would’ve been the case the last two weeks when we likely would’ve scored to get ahead in both cases, it propels you to play at a higher more energetic level.

Just effin stinks for these kids to have a potential special season taken away by the ACC and striped guys (opinion here, we beat Clemson without it, lose at least a closer game to UNC). So yeah, that's my two cents, that's my story and I'm stickin to it in the cathartic exercise that I hope this thread will be!
For those who need data, like me, here you go. SU 120, Pitt 125, BC 128. This alone doesn't prove prejudice, but add in what we all can see and it's pretty damning, I don't know how Dino let's it all slide.

All these games are available to rewatch online. I would love to see someone with video editing skills splice all the terrible calls together in a single reel during our time in the ACC. Could be a basketball version too.

All these games are available to rewatch online. I would love to see someone with video editing skills splice all the terrible calls together in a single reel during our time in the ACC. Could be a basketball version too.
now that's the idea of the day! Young whippersnapper tech guru JR?

But just in recent memory, here are the game changing calls, and even game costing calls, that I can remember: this year obviously, the UNC bad spot on the blocked punt, the targeting call that was but wasn’t against Clemson, then the wax out of bounds call that was stupid by him but a ridiculous call.

last year at Clemson, the out of bounds hit that wasn’t really out of bounds as the quarterbacks was still moving upfield with his left foot still in bounds when 99 hit him, then the no call on Schrader getting hit Outabounds in the same game.

The FSU game from two years ago with the obvious but not called holding call against wax that allowed The QB to go around end for 20 more yards, to drive for the final game winning score.

I think earlier in the game that same game there was another out of bounds hit on us that was questionable, regardless, it made our defender gun shy so when Travis ran up the sideline later our guy was gun shy and did not tackle or hammer him On the sideline for fear of another call, Travis deked like he was going out of bounds, but didn’t continuing for a greater gain.

Then the “illegal” man downfield when the lineman was within the allowable 5 yards yards that they called on us to cost the Clemson game in 2018i think it was where it would’ve iced the game.

Those are just off the top of my head, I’ll try to remember any others.

Last edited:
now that's the idea of the day! Young whippersnapper tech guru JR?

But just in recent memory, here are the game changing calls, and even game costing calls, that I can remember: this year obviously, the UNC bad spot on the blocked punt, the targeting call that was but wasn’t against Clemson, then the wax out of bounds call that was stupid by him but a ridiculous call.

last year at Clemson, the out of bounds hit that wasn’t really out of bounds as the quarterbacks was still moving upfield with his left foot still in bounds when 99 hit him, then the no call on Schrader getting hit Outabounds in the same game.

The FSU game from two years ago with the obvious but not called holding call against wax that allowed The QB to go around end for 20 more yards, to drive for the final game winning score.

I think earlier in the game that same game there was another out of bounds hit on us that was questionable, regardless, it made our defender gun shy so when Travis ran up the sideline later our guy was gun shy and did not tackle or hammer him On the sideline for fear of another call, Travis deked like he was going out of bounds, but didn’t continuing for a greater gain.

Then the “illegal” man downfield when the lineman was within the allowable 5 yards yards that they called on us to cost the Clemson game in 2018i think it was where it would’ve iced the game.

Those are just off the top of my head, I’ll try to remember any others.
Good list but I'd take the last one off your list. The rule is 3 yards and it was legit. It was called at least 5 times on Iowa in games I watched with my dad that season.

Good list but I'd take the last one off your list. The rule is 3 yards and it was legit. It was called at least 5 times on Iowa in games I watched with my dad that season.
Right The penalty is 5 yards, then I’m going to amend the post above to say he was right at the 3 yard mark that’s what I remember when looking at the rules back then and where he was after watching the video replay 100 times, and then I remember Babers, addressing the issue, and saying same. I’ll dig it up again to make sure.

“I'll start...judgement call pass interference that's close and of course goes against us where we held them on a third down, this in a 7-7, or 10-10 type game in the first half leading to a TD for them. Next series we're driving for a TD and get a phantom holding call to call back a td where we then have to then punt. Rout follows shortly thereafter.”

Now I know I’m losing it - why do I feel like this exact scenario has happened in the past?
Bc it certainly has! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom