The Alliance 2.0, but for realsies this time… | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The Alliance 2.0, but for realsies this time…

The 4 corners PAC teams, AU, ASU, CU and Utah want to go into the B12. The teams left, OU, UW, Stanford and Cal all want to go to the B1G. Why would the ACC want to throw them a lifeline and have this huge travel problem to deal with? If the 4 teams that ESPN wants to be in the SEC do go, the ACC should get teams in the east to take their place, WVU and Cincy would want that, Temple, UCONN, UMASS and USF would join. Let's get back to reality. @ eight team divisions north and south with familiar rivalries. If some of those teams aren't that strong right now, fine, get some wins playing a 10 game conference schedule.
Why do you keep insisting adding no value teams to the conference? You seem like the only fan that is ok with down grading the conference because it keeps everything on the east coast. It's about money not about easy travel for fans or rivalries.

Gort
1657380122831.jpeg

Why do you keep insisting adding no value teams to the conference? You seem like the only fan that is ok with down grading the conference because it keeps everything on the east coast. It's about money not about easy travel for fans or rivalries.
There are no "value" teams left to add. Just win the conference and be next up for the B1G.

The 4 corners PAC teams, AU, ASU, CU and Utah want to go into the B12. The teams left, OU, UW, Stanford and Cal all want to go to the B1G. Why would the ACC want to throw them a lifeline and have this huge travel problem to deal with? If the 4 teams that ESPN wants to be in the SEC do go, the ACC should get teams in the east to take their place, WVU and Cincy would want that, Temple, UCONN, UMASS and USF would join. Let's get back to reality. @ eight team divisions north and south with familiar rivalries. If some of those teams aren't that strong right now, fine, get some wins playing a 10 game conference schedule.

The day that umass goes to the ACC is the day the ACC becomes an FBS conference. It ain’t happening.

of the teams you meantioned only cincy and wvu bring anything dollar wise to the acc

The day that umass goes to the ACC is the day the ACC becomes an FBS conference. It ain’t happening.
of the teams you meantioned only cincy and wvu bring anything dollar wise to the acc
North division: SU,PITT, BC, WVU, Cincy, UConn, Umass Temple. UMass replaces Rutgers in what amounts to the old BE. Easy travel lot's of rivalries. South division: VT, NCST, Duke, Wake, Lvile, Gtech, Miami, USF. If UVA, UNC, Clemson and FSU leave, I'm not seeing any other big value teams to add. Save on travel and focus on regional appeal. There still would be many strong football and basketball programs in such a conference. I have a hard time seeing playing 4 west coast teams, that would just be unwieldy.

North division: SU,PITT, BC, WVU, Cincy, UConn, Umass Temple. UMass replaces Rutgers in what amounts to the old BE. Easy travel lot's of rivalries. South division: VT, NCST, Duke, Wake, Lvile, Gtech, Miami, USF. If UVA, UNC, Clemson and FSU leave, I'm not seeing any other big value teams to add. Save on travel and focus on regional appeal. There still would be many strong football and basketball programs in such a conference. I have a hard time seeing playing 4 west coast teams, that would just be unwieldy.

Not happening dude. Sorry.

Yuck

Please stop with the Umass thought.

I put you guys on the side of the ledger that wants SU teams flying 3,000 miles for a conference game.
its not that big of a deal as they have to fly to most every venue as is now

silliness

but if ya want it that simple, yeah give me Stanford over UMASS
What is wrong with having some weaker teams in a conference? You know, get some easier wins.

What is wrong with having some weaker teams in a conference? You know, get some easier wins.

Perception by adding someone not already P5. Umass will never be in the ACC as long as it’s any kind of P5 conference.

Perception by adding someone not already P5. Umass will never be in the ACC as long as it’s any kind of P5 conference.
There are the B1G and the SEC and then there is everyon else. My prediction of this model of only taking high level teams into conferences is that it is going to flop. It is going to be very difficult to have a successful program in the SEC. The B1G isn't quite as tough, but it still strong most of the way. The SEC at least is a cohesive regional entity.

There are the B1G and the SEC and then there is everyon else. My prediction of this model of only taking high level teams into conferences is that it is going to flop. It is going to be very difficult to have a successful program in the SEC. The B1G isn't quite as tough, but it still strong most of the way. The SEC at least is a cohesive regional entity.
Who said anything about only taking high level teams. We’re saying they won’t take any low level non P5 scrubs.

Who said anything about only taking high level teams. We’re saying they won’t take any low level non P5 scrubs.
I stated the teams I would add, what others are there? No teams will leave the B12 for the ACC except maybe WVU and Cincy. I guess if Notre Dame would join with the 4 PAC teams and be a division, that could work. IF Notre Dame would join.

I stated the teams I would add, what others are there? No teams will leave the B12 for the ACC except maybe WVU and Cincy. I guess if Notre Dame would join with the 4 PAC teams and be a division, that could work. IF Notre Dame would join.
ESPN could pull the strings to get acc and pac 12 to pick through the remaining valuable big 12 schools down the road and then have to 2 leagues form a bi coastal alliance/merger league. Its inevitable that at some point the acc, big 12 or pac 10 will lose additional members to sec and bigten. IF ND didn't join the ACC after they joined for the covid year it is never going to happen

I do think that we will see a combined ACC PAC deal. Not sure if it is a TV deal only or if it is an actual addition of some Pac teams to the acc but the schools make sense to be together. if it makes financial sense for ESPN and is accretive for the schools it will happen

I do think that we will see a combined ACC PAC deal. Not sure if it is a TV deal only or if it is an actual addition of some Pac teams to the acc but the schools make sense to be together. if it makes financial sense for ESPN and is accretive for the schools it will happen

Im thinking it will be tv only to start and when the leagues lose teams to sec or big 10 we will combo and back fill with big 12 schools as needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom