The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

It’ll be interesting how the committe values mid majors this year like Drake/StLouis as compared to the P5 schools.. I have a feeling the mid majors won’t get a lot of at larges this year

LOL It's not the size. How well do they move the ball and can they shoot? We face bigger teams all the time. And one thing I can tell you, they wouldn't spank us. Might they win, sure. Neutral court, I'll take my chances in a play in game with them.

I agree with that but strong physical teams that pound the glass will cause big problems for SU. My fear is that foul problems would quickly ensue and it could get ugly.

LOL It's not the size. How well do they move the ball and can they shoot? We face bigger teams all the time. And one thing I can tell you, they wouldn't spank us. Might they win, sure. Neutral court, I'll take my chances in a play in game with them. Let's see, this team that is going to spank us has lost 4 games in a row. They have lost to Rhode Island by 13. At home to Providence. Lost toa good creighton team by a good 36. 36?? lost to g-town Lost to Butler. They did it. Lost to St John's by 10 that is the 4th loss in a row. Finishing strong. We just finished beating two teams that beat us earlier. I just don't see them spanking us.
St Johns has no size at all and they crushed them without their best player

It’ll be interesting how the committe values mid majors this year like Drake/StLouis as compared to the P5 schools.. I have a feeling the mid majors won’t get a lot of at larges this year
They never do. The NCAAs stated mission is to hose these guys whenever possible. kinda kidding.

I could see Loyola getting an 8 or 9 seed so that they have the toughest road possible.

I agree with that but strong physical teams that pound the glass will cause big problems for SU. My fear is that foul problems would quickly ensue and it could get ugly.
If we get to the NCAA tournament, that will be one of the leading reasons why we lose when we do. but it will probably be a good team that does it to us. I wouldn't put the Hall in that class.

If we get to the NCAA tournament, that will be one of the leading reasons why we lose when we do. but it will probably be a good team that does it to us. I wouldn't put the Hall in that class.
Their shot was last year.

The only thing that makes me nervous this year is that the ACC is perceived to be weaker than normal. I think the 5th best RPI? Which is fair.

But that perception shows up in the amount of bids. And we’re at the bottom of the bid pole.

Like you said, where will the committee stack traditional powers vs the mid majors this year?

LOL It's not the size. How well do they move the ball and can they shoot? We face bigger teams all the time. And one thing I can tell you, they wouldn't spank us. Might they win, sure. Neutral court, I'll take my chances in a play in game with them. Let's see, this team that is going to spank us has lost 4 games in a row. They have lost to Rhode Island by 13. At home to Providence. Lost toa good creighton team by a good 36. 36?? lost to g-town Lost to Butler. They did it. Lost to St John's by 10 that is the 4th loss in a row. Finishing strong. We just finished beating two teams that beat us earlier. I just don't see them spanking us.

Not to mention Georgetown put up 81 on them. At this point I’m not sure why people are talking about them. They have lost 4 in a row by an average margin of 9. Unless they go on a run in the BET they aren’t getting in.

The only thing that makes me nervous this year is that the ACC is perceived to be weaker than normal. I think the 5th best RPI? Which is fair.

But that perception shows up in the amount of bids. And we’re at the bottom of the bid pole.

Like you said, where will the committee stack traditional powers vs the mid majors this year?
ACC has 9 teams in the top 52 of KenPom.

Drake is 55 in KenPom, Boise is 56, St. Louis is 48. The Big East only has 4 teams in the top 55.

The ACC isn’t as strong on top as it has been, but the depth has been very solid

So wrap your head around this ... Michigan State and Seton Hall will have 12 losses and yet Lunardi still has them in.
Overall record really doesn't tell you much. For example, Syracuse and Kansas have the same number of losses (8) so far this year but their respective resumes are light years apart.

Michigan State has played a brutal schedule and has 4 Quad 1 wins. I would have them in as of right now and Seton Hall probably out.

Honestly I think this would be the type of year to see more mid majors. Who knows.
I think after missing out on last year, the NCAA will look to maximize profits as much as possible... aka Duke/Cuse/Michigan State in lieu of Boise/StLouis, etc. I think the lack of OOC will hurt the mid majors too

This is a just make the tourney year and anything else is gravy.

I think after missing out on last year, the NCAA will look to maximize profits as much as possible... aka Duke/Cuse/Michigan State in lieu of Boise/StLouis, etc. I think the lack of OOC will hurt the mid majors too
They can't take Duke this year unless they get to.the acc finals.

Tier one home games were all over the place this year.
We only got UNC, clemson VT (3). NCST (4) Road Rutgers (Without leading scorer)

Ga Tech @home cuse, virgina, FSU, clemson, unc. (5) Weak Nebraska at home (easy win).
Clemson @home Ga tech, Cuse, UNC, UL, Virginia (5) ncstate. (6) Maryland and Purdue also (7)
Ville @home games Virg, GT, FSU, Virg Tech, (4) (They only played 4 tier 2 Away plus Wisc.)
Unc @home games UL, FSU, Cuse, NCSt. (4) Marquette Texas (6)
VT - GT, Virginia, Clemson, (3) Villanova, (4) PSU(home) (only 2 tier one road games)
Duke @home Cuse, UL, Virg, UNC, clemson, GTech. (6)
NCST @home games Unc, virginia, Cuse (3) (1 tier 2 win) (0 tier 1 wins)
Virginia @home Cuse GT UNC NCSt (4)
Pitt @home 5 tier-one conference games. (5)
FSU @ Virginia, clemson, UNC, NCST, GT (5) UFlorida(6) Indiana ( only 4 tier-two road games)

With 6 tier-one away conference road games to only 4 conference tier-two home games, we got the worst draw at home, with NCstate and Virginia.

Last edited:
I’ve seen some updated projections that have us as the top 12-seed and 75-80% in...

I know these are all a crap shoot right now, it’s just been fun to watch us climb this weekend.

I also know I’m repeating myself here, but just laying it down in internet land that I think with a W on Wednesday, we’re comfortably in.
Memphis and Drake losing today is huge

Any chance we can get this 40 year old farva look alike from Loyola as a grad transfer?
Loyola is 9th in KenPom. They would be favored against every team in the ACC.
until the lines got released and everyone jumped in taking the pts.. the computer stuff just has nothing to work with without OC games.. Thus Colgate being top 10 in Net..

until the lines got released and everyone jumped in taking the pts.. the computer stuff just has nothing to work with without OC games.. Thus Colgate being top 10 in Net..

KenPom isn’t the Net. It’s exactly in line with Vegas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom