The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

I find it very disturbing to see UL and GT included in the last 4 in. Glad this is not a bracket expert opinion, but the lack of respect for ACC schools is not good for us. Some brackets have only 6 ACC schools and no ACC schools in the top 5 seeds!

Baylor's shooting is insane. Cannot even imagine what they would do outside vs us.
We would be torched and run out of the gym. Baylor has 5 guys in their rotation that shoot over 40% from beyond the arc. 41%, 2 at 43%, 1 at 45% and 1 at 47%. Now that is truly elite shooters, we don’t have anyone close to that kind of marksmanship.

Last edited:
I find it very disturbing to see UL and GT included in the last 4 in. Glad this is not a bracket expert opinion, but the lack of respect for ACC schools is not good for us. Some brackets have only 6 ACC schools and no ACC schools in the top 5 seeds!
Georgia Tech is a 8-9 seed.
Lunardi has them a little low.
Louisville is being punished for all their cancellations.

The ACC as whole is way down this season.
No players made the final 15 for the Naismith.

They are actually included in the last 4 byes, not the last 4 in.

1615161705858.png

Can someone please teach Izzo & Howard how to wear a mask properly?

I can see it now. Utah state beat arizona state twice whos ranked 19 who beat marquette who beat unc. They also loss to byu out of conference though.

Clemson played 7-8 t2s at home but still only has 6 losses enough to give them the jump on ville and tech. Playing at home was huge for them totally defensive minded team.
Record doesn't seem to matter as much as t1-t2's but that one pitt game made a huge difference.

Georgia Tech is a 8-9 seed.
Lunardi has them a little low.
Louisville is being punished for all their cancellations.

The ACC as whole is way down this season.
No players made the final 15 for the Naismith.
8 to 9 is a bit high for Georgia tech id say a 10. Louisville is where they should be as there resume is barely better than ours

We would be torched and run out of the gym. Baylor has 5 guys in their rotation that shoot over 40% from beyond the arc. 41%, 2 at 43%, 1 at 45% and 1 at 47%. Now that is truly elite shooters, we don’t have anyone close to that kind of marksmanship.
didnt that happen in 2019 ?

As down as the Acc has been, road games in the league have been super tough across the board. Somebody mentioned Oklahoma 7th in big 12 has 5 tier one wins atm.

5-1 tier 2 for us because of that. clemson lost all 4 of theirs on the road and ville lost 3 out of 4 if I remember correctly. The problem with saying acc is down is its not accounting for how hard road acc games have been this year. Especially tier 1.

ucla has loss 3 in a row with a 17-8 record, 13 and 6 in the conference.
They beat marquette at home though. and were blown out @ arizona state. Lost @OSU
They loss 6 of their last 11 in the conference.
They also lost to USC twice Lost to colorado and oregon, and didnt them at home.
Every win they have outside marquette at home is against teams that are no better than 11-9 in conference no better than ncstate.

I would say that's behind Ville and ga tech a long ways, and we are a very comparable resume in terms of league strength.

Last edited:
ucla has loss 3 in a row with a 17-8 record, 13 and 6 in the conference.
They beat marquette at home though. and were blown out @ arizona state. Lost @OSU
They loss 6 of their last 11 in the conference.
I would say that's behind Ville and ga tech, and we are a very comparable resume in terms of league strength.

I'd say UCLA has a better resume but it's somewhat close. No Q3 losses helps their case.

Yeah. its close I suppose. Ucla's best wins outside marquette (9th in big east) is two wins against 11-9 in conference arizona. Unless we are worse than the pac 12, that cant be too far from our two against 9-8 ncstate arguably. Acc so brutal on the road this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom