The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

Do you think they would slot two teams from the same conference in the 2 play in games?
They might have a rule not to.

Colorado 12-20 from the line tonight. Their worst performance of the season in that regard, typically shoot 83% as a team from the line.

Oregon State should now play Georgetown in one of the play-in-games.
We need a board wide memo that conference tourney winners cannot be in the play-in game

It slides everyone down 1 spot closer to the cut line because Colorado isn't in the AQ pool, but the at-larges now.

Yes .. it reduces the number of spots by one .. but if you had SU not having a play in game , then the only way for them to drop a seed would be if you think Oregon state will be seeded higher than them ..

Yes .. it reduces the number of spots by one .. but if you had SU not having a play in game , then the only way for them to drop a seed would be if you think Oregon state will be seeded higher than them ..
Wrong

We need a board wide memo that conference tourney winners cannot be in the play-in game

I’ve never heard that rule .. so Georgetown is going to be like a 10 seed ? Makes no sense

If this is true .. it’s the dumbest crap rule of all time .. it rarely comes up because it’s rare for P5 conference tourney to be won by a team that otherwise had no shot

Joey Toupee just put out his update, has us as the highest of the last 4 in, UCLA with the last bye. We deserve a bye more than they do
Palm had us as the first of the 11 seeds at the beginning of the night, even ahead of Maryland(!). So if that is true, these two bid stealers wouldn’t affect us much. But who knows if he’s accurate. OSU and Gtown can’t be in the First Four because they’re AQs, correct?

Georgetown will be a 12 seed or so, same with Oregon State, but they aren't eligible for the two at-large play-in games

What it does is shrink the at-large pool of 37 because teams like Creighton and Colorado were already going to be in as AQs, but now they are at-larges and ahead of the bubble teams. Everyone else shifts down accordingly.

I don't see a way SU is ahead of MD, VCU, or MSU. Maybe they are ahead of everyone else (UCLA, Drake, USU, STL), but we're splitting hairs here.

Palm had us as the first of the 11 seeds at the beginning of the night, even ahead of Maryland(!). So if that is true, these two bid stealers wouldn’t affect us much. But who knows if he’s accurate. OSU and Gtown can’t be in the First Four because they’re AQs, correct?
Right. I think Cuse is closer to having a bye than missing the tournament, but if Houston loses tomorrow I’d suspect Cuse is first four lock

It makes perfect sense. They’ll be an 11 or 12. One of the perks of winning your tournament is bypassing the silly first four.

Pretty sure a crappy team just getting into the NCAA based on winning their tourney should be enough of a perk...

Cincy has been there before. I expect the game tomorrow to be decided in the last minute, imo.
I'd like to think so but Houston is bigger, stronger, shoots better, more athletic and deeper. A really bad matchup for UC but you never know, Bearcats are scrappy. I have a hard time cheering against UC having lived here 30+ years, married to a Bearcat and my youngest is a junior there and I go to many games in normal times. My oldest was a much brighter child and followed his old man to Ohio University (home of Jason Preston) whose Bobcats are dancing once again. If SU and UC could join OU tournament life would be AWESOME! I'll settle for just SU though as I truly do bleed Orange. LGO!

The two "surprise" AQs by OSU and Gtown undo some of the great work Xavier and Ole miss did for us earlier in the week.

This is a great additional step in rekindling our historic gtown rivalry.

You’re not going be perfect on all these outcomes .. all in all I still think it’s worked out decently so far

Right. I think Cuse is closer to having a bye than missing the tournament, but if Houston loses tomorrow I’d suspect Cuse is first four lock
I can’t believe there were two bid stealers—and that 12-11 Gtown is gonna be in the NCAA tourney. How the heck did they absolutely destroy Creighton? That’s why they call it March madness but ughhh

You’re not going be perfect on all these outcomes .. all in all I still think it’s worked out decently so far
Oh, certainly not perfect. I agree. But when teams guaranteed to not make it turn into guaranteed teams that do make it, that's a bit different than a possible "bubble" team winning a couple games in the tournament, but not quite guaranteeing anything just yet.

I'd like to think so but Houston is bigger, stronger, shoots better, more athletic and deeper. A really bad matchup for UC but you never know, Bearcats are scrappy. I have a hard time cheering against UC having lived here 30+ years, married to a Bearcat and my youngest is a junior there and I go to many games in normal times. My oldest was a much brighter child and followed his old man to Ohio University (home of Jason Preston) whose Bobcats are dancing once again. If SU and UC could join OU tournament life would be AWESOME! I'll settle for just SU though as I truly do bleed Orange. LGO!
And isn’t one of Cinci’s key players out for tomorrow?

So hopefully tomorrow they don’t leak the stupid bracket early like they did last time we were on the bubble ..

Yes. Palm had us ahead of Maryland and Ucla...but he's in the minority. We all should root for Houston and the hated Bonnie's tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom