The Bottom 10 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Bottom 10

How did 19-85 happen and is that better than what they had going in FCS?
They scheduled too heavy. Not even joking. They are playing BC, FSU, Liberty, Coastal Carolina, Pitt, and Army this year. That's six automatic losses.

They should schedule from: UConn, Kansas, FAU, FIU, Maine, Rhode Island, Buffalo, Akron, Ohio, Bowling Green, Northern Illinois, Old Dominion, Colorado State, New Mexico State, CCSU, Nova, Delaware.

Throw in the occasional payday games against SU, Rutgers, Penn State, Pitt, Miami, VaTech, Ohio State, West Virginia (say two of these a year, maybe three).

No reason a program cannot build up that way with 4-10 wins a year against that schedule.

I remember very distinctly my mother (UMass ‘92) dragging me to Chattanooga as a 7 year old to watch the Minutemen lose in the national championship to an App State team that would walk into the Big House the next year and win.

5 years later they killed their program by thinking that they were bigger than they were

My mom would tell tales of how they used to fill their tiny little stadium to the brim when other local FCS teams would come to town. Now they barely fit 8k in the stadium (ironically, 8k almost half fills McGuirk, smallest stadium in the FBS)

what a damn shame
Your mother graduated college in ‘92? Holy carp I feel old. I mean I should feel old. But holy!

How did 19-85 happen and is that better than what they had going in FCS?
Their taking their lumps and paying their dues which is more than UCONN did to get an FBS program. Just so you know, I'm not on the UMASS BOT and I'm not directing their AD.

Your mother graduated college in ‘92? Holy carp I feel old. I mean I should feel old. But holy!
1633033087541.png

Who's the bigger booster of a Massachussets college team. CousCuse and UMass or Townie and BC?
I miss Townie, he was like Batman when he came on here to put things in order.

Don't forget, UMass is a sleeping giant and they'll be getting that B1G offer any day now...

any... day... now...

Public school shaming, bnoro? ;)

In all seriousness, I went there to party my azz off after following the community college hoops dream and they have a really good sport management program. The business school in general is solid and competitive and the university as a whole is respectable academically. Obviously not the tier of the MA privates you listed but not miles that far behind if you look at some rankings.

My degree must hold some weight if SUCOL is covering 90% of my tuition. Lol.

I wouldn't say that sports are a total afterthought, the hockey team has created real buzz and alums and Western MA would show much more support of football/basketball if they had a pulse. But I can't disagree its mostly a chitshow in the ad right now.

ANYWAYS, thank you for coming to my TED Talk and now we can all go back to making fun of Yukon instead. I look forward to doing this again when UMass loses to Maine in November.

I miss Townie, he was like Batman when he came on here to put things in order.
Was just thinking of him and Cali this morning. Cali would come on overly enthusiastic about beating FSU. Then Townie would be a voice of reason to slow down a bit.

Public school shaming, bnoro? ;)

In all seriousness, I went there to party my azz off after following the community college hoops dream and they have a really good sport management program. The business school in general is solid and competitive and the university as a whole is respectable academically. Obviously not the tier of the MA privates you listed but not miles that far behind if you look at some rankings.

My degree must hold some weight if SUCOL is covering 90% of my tuition. Lol.

I wouldn't say that sports are a total afterthought, the hockey team has created real buzz and alums and Western MA would show much more support of football/basketball if they had a pulse. But I can't disagree its mostly a chitshow in the ad right now.

ANYWAYS, thank you for coming to my TED Talk and now we can all go back to making fun of Yukon instead. I look forward to doing this again when UMass loses to Maine in November.
You had better be at the UMASS/UCONN game or you'll have no streetcred in Amherst.

The Big East would be a mega conference right now and the ACC would have been the one taken apart. It's great that SU got the ACC lifeline but I would much rather be part of a northeast centered P5 conference.
The BE was not going to be a mega conference. It was always susceptible to being raided simply because it was a hybrid conference whose FB playing members were held hostage by BB only members.

The BE was not going to be a mega conference. It was always susceptible to being raided simply because it was a hybrid conference whose FB playing members were held hostage by BB only members.
If some genius in Providence could have come up with a plan to allow the football teams to form their own division and the bball schools could have had their own division with scheduling agreements it could have worked. Don't see whats so crazy about that, they would have all kinds of content.

Their taking their lumps and paying their dues which is more than UCONN did to get an FBS program. Just so you know, I'm not on the UMASS BOT and I'm not directing their AD.

They are certainly taking their lumps. That's worse than G-Rob, (10-37) and over a much longer period of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom