The brag about my kid’s athletic performance thread. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The brag about my kid’s athletic performance thread.

My 9 year old daughter recently earned her black belt in karate (Tang Soo Do). The test was almost 4 hours! She’s 5’4”, athletic, and turning into a badass. It’s hilarious watching other kid’s faces when they get her as a sparring partner.

Her grand master that runs her academy actually trained with Chuck Norris under the guy who brought Tang So Doo over from Korea. Guy is 80+ years old and I still wouldn’t mess with him! He’s a great guy but makes the kids work. It’s not one of those places where you move up belts just for showing up.

Okay, don't tell anyone, but my son might be getting his first start for the Varsity Squad on Friday night. In the 4/5 game of the PLAYOFFS!!!!! They are the 4 seed, but they've lost to the 5 seed twice already this year. Last game was only close, according to my wife, because of the defensive effort my son gave to spur them back from a major deficit.

my son's 4th grade season finale yesterday. he played a good all around game - his defense in particular was very good - but he missed all 4 of his shot attempts. some of the moms made cookies, rice krispie treats, etc to celebrate the end of the season. but my boy bypassed the party & went straight to the outdoor courts to work on his shot. his mom was pissed but i love it

Okay, don't tell anyone, but my son might be getting his first start for the Varsity Squad on Friday night. In the 4/5 game of the PLAYOFFS!!!!! They are the 4 seed, but they've lost to the 5 seed twice already this year. Last game was only close, according to my wife, because of the defensive effort my son gave to spur them back from a major deficit.
Won the game, got his first start, and hit a huge three that put us back in the lead which we never gave back. Semi finals are Wednesday against the number 1 team, and coach told him he’s starting again. I’m not getting any work done this week.

Oh yeah, if they win this game, finals are on Sunday. My birthday. Just sayin’.

Season came to an end last night. Couldn't get all of our players firing at the same time, and let a couple of the other team's players go off unexpectedly. Positive side is my boy went off for his season high - 18 points - and played 27 minutes of really great all around play. Wish we had beat them, but we kept the best player in the state to 17 points, which is a win in my book.

Well...
Man do I miss youth lacrosse. My sons travel season would have had practices start a couple weeks ago. Who knows if that will even happen. First tourney isn’t until mid May for us. Sackets Harbor in July? Maybe?
Our youth ULA league plays games June and July so still a chance, but we would typically be assigning rosters at this point. And we are going to have to do a few hundred refunds if the whole thing gets pulled. He is however actively practicing at home and I can’t complain about the fact that I don’t have to hound him to get out there.

My daughter only lost her last vball tourney in Albany at the beginning of March, which we were refunded for so that’s good.

The only good aspect, is we’re all together every night. Dinner at the table. No running to and from events, practices, etc. That’s the one thing we will gain from all of this.

Well...
Man do I miss youth lacrosse. My sons travel season would have had practices start a couple weeks ago. Who knows if that will even happen. First tourney isn’t until mid May for us. Sackets Harbor in July? Maybe?
Our youth ULA league plays games June and July so still a chance, but we would typically be assigning rosters at this point. And we are going to have to do a few hundred refunds if the whole thing gets pulled. He is however actively practicing at home and I can’t complain about the fact that I don’t have to hound him to get out there.

My daughter only lost her last vball tourney in Albany at the beginning of March, which we were refunded for so that’s good.

The only good aspect, is we’re all together every night. Dinner at the table. No running to and from events, practices, etc. That’s the one thing we will gain from all of this.

oh man. The lacrosse tournament in Sackets! My wife’s family has a house in the village and a large piece of land on the water near the barracks. You can always tell when the lacrosse tournament rolls through. Cell phone reception becomes awful.

A little late...

Last weekend my son got to play two at a "play day" that was supposed to be a tournament that got cancelled. He had sprained his ankle on the GD trampoline the saturday before. He missed both practices that week during his recovery. With a brace, and a little limp, he managed to do okay and learned how to fight through some discomfort. He got fed all day. Hit alot of pipes, and a couple shins, but did manange two goals and an assist. Felt so good to be out watching lacrosse with a beautiful fall view in the backround.

A little late...

Last weekend my son got to play two at a "play day" that was supposed to be a tournament that got cancelled. He had sprained his ankle on the GD trampoline the saturday before. He missed both practices that week during his recovery. With a brace, and a little limp, he managed to do okay and learned how to fight through some discomfort. He got fed all day. Hit alot of pipes, and a couple shins, but did manange two goals and an assist. Felt so good to be out watching lacrosse with a beautiful fall view in the backround.
My kid was the MAN at hitting pipes and watching the ball ricochet back.

Glad your kid was able to have some fun.

With last night's win, and two more tonight and Saturday, my kid's volleyball team should be able to make the impromptu 4 team playoff our school will be hosting for the state next week.

To all parents.
Every once in a while someone takes the opportunity to make a post regarding a great performance in a game, or update everyone on what their kids are doing sports wise. I thought it made sense to have a spot where we could just get on and brag.
I currently have a ten year old on the 5-6 grade travel lacrosse team for Baldwinsville, and my daughter just started volleyball for Baldwinsville at the Modified level, and is on their 13U club team.
My neice also plays varsity volleyball for CNS, and was just named an All CNY player by the Post-Standard. So I will be sure to come here to brag when appropriate!
See what the "Swells" do to further their kids athletic careers and to get into Ivy universities. Unbelieveable.

Unfortunately, I'm going to take this thread in a different turn. 2021 seems to be interested in trying to top 2020 for my family.

My kid hurt his knee in practice on Saturday. MCL sprain. Looking at 6-8 weeks before he can return to action. Given that we haven't gotten the permission to actually play games yet, there's a chance he may get to play in his senior season, but that's unlikely at best at this point. Really tough way for the kid to go out, but at least he's not looking at surgery.

Game day against last year's state champs. At their place, not like that means anything this year.

But once again, I'm more amped up for it than he is. Or so it feels to me.

Just spent a half hour figuring out how to watch it on Youtube in the basement. Need to figure out beverages and food choices for the game now. Oh yeah, and get some work done.

Good news the last two weeks regarding HS sports and such. My 14 year old begins VB tryouts on March 8th for Baldwinsville. She played modified last year and is hoping to make the Freshman team. We shall see.

Daughter starts volleyball tryouts today for modified. MTWTFS. Six days. This is serious stuff in Baldwinsville.

Every once in a while someone takes the opportunity to make a post regarding a great performance in a game, or update everyone on what their kids are doing sports wise. I thought it made sense to have a spot where we could just get on and brag.
I currently have a ten year old on the 5-6 grade travel lacrosse team for Baldwinsville, and my daughter just started volleyball for Baldwinsville at the Modified level, and is on their 13U club team.
My neice also plays varsity volleyball for CNS, and was just named an All CNY player by the Post-Standard. So I will be sure to come here to brag when appropriate!
The BVille girls varsity VB coach is demanding, to say the least. Lots of the girls are “encouraged “ to join crew in the off-season.

Daughter made the team. Now the fun begins!
Yeah it's fun for awhile, then I don't know what it becomes. My oldest has been doubling up on Wrestling and Winter Percussion Ensemble(Top 2 in state last 3 years, 2 State Championships so not just a drumline, shyte is serious) since 7th grade. He's a Junior now. I don't remember the last 5 years of my life. Still wouldn't trade any of it. He gone in less than 2 years, killing me.

The BVille girls varsity VB coach is demanding, to say the least. Lots of the girls are “encouraged “ to join crew in the off-season.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I personally have no evidence of that being a regular thing. I know a girl who did both, but crew was her first sport and went to Virginia for it. My next door neighbor was on crew as well. You may be right. I wouldn’t be surprised if the girls are encouraged to use the indoor rowing machines (idk what to call them) that they have. Most of the girls I’m familiar with do club ball year round. My niece played CNS, so I would see the bville girls all over throughout the year.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I personally have no evidence of that being a regular thing. I know a girl who did both, but crew was her first sport and went to Virginia for it. My next door neighbor was on crew as well. You may be right. I wouldn’t be surprised if the girls are encouraged to use the indoor rowing machines (idk what to call them) that they have. Most of the girls I’m familiar with do club ball year round. My niece played CNS, so I would see the bville girls all over throughout the year.
That was my daughter’s crew experience. I have no problem with the VB coach. She expects commitment and excellence, and she gets it. IMO, that’s usually the way it is with kids. My 2 boys did 6 years of Bville Varsity soccer. My oldest did 3 years of swimming. We were used to demanding coaches.

Senior night was last night. My boy was second leading scorer with 13, including shooting 3-5 from three. My favorite play was when He got his own board on a missed three and got the easy layup. He was excellent. Team is currently ranked 4th in the state behind a team they beat in their only matchup this year. Find out the playoff pairings tomorrow. Still working on the secretary overseeing school sports and Covid-19 to get in the gym for the semifinals and championship game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom