The Buddy leash | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The Buddy leash

Oh for sure that is our most effective lineup. I'm just thinking of creative ways that can open up minutes. I honestly don't even need us to have a deep bench but I would like to see a consistent 8 man rotation.
I don’t need a deep bench either but
JG, BB, KR
AG, QG, WN, RB
MD then foul trouble JE

That is enough.

We play 6 JG, BB, AG, QG, MD
Then KR gets minutes.
RB, WN, JE don’t get real minutes.

Sorry but that can be questioned based on performance.

How would he crash the boards if he's out on the perimeter? Which he excels at.

He does but he can't try to rebound from the guard spot? Even Tyus got a few rebounds a game when he was here

I don’t need a deep bench either but
JG, BB, KR
AG, QG, WN, RB
MD then foul trouble JE

That is enough.

We play 6 JG, BB, AG, QG, MD
Then KR gets minutes.
RB, WN, JE don’t get real minutes.

Sorry but that can be questioned based on performance.

And if by some chance Sidibe comes back this year (I'm not really counting on it) then have him and JE play at the 5 (prolly still won't happen but I can dream.)

Don't know. Do you?
is what you posted an example of how the new journalism is practiced these days?

talk about fake news, you wrote a sentence that was nothing more than your speculation as fact clown.

I’m not the one that made the assertion
I made no assertion. I asked how everyone thought it was handled by team and said it would drive me crazy. That turned into your usual schtick of "young grasshopper you are so uninformed".

With his Quicks wingspan and Hops he and Kadary would be lethal up top.

Kadary Griff Q Marek Edwards is one tough Zone.

Buddy is the best 3 point shooter on this team, hands down. When they have 3 point shooting contests in practice Buddy wins them. Every. Single. Time. He is just getting into top form now because of the covid issues. That's why he is playing so much, to get his condition back and his stroke focused. If you were managing a baseball team and your best hitter is in a slump, do you take him out of the lineup? Also, his team mates know that he is an elite 3 point shooter because they see it everyday in practice, so this supposed descension is just made up on this board by the professional Boeheim hating contingent.
Some guys are good on the range in golf. Some players are gamers. lets see it happen in the games

Think about this. JB is playing his son more minutes per game than
Pearl
Melo
DC
Sherm
Dion
and his 3rd son Gmac.

I'm happy for you and your relations that you make a good income, but if it was up to you, wouldn't you want to end forestry? Or is it just other peoples livings that you would snuff out.
You really don’t have a clue about much at all.

I don’t think Buddy has a leash; and I don’t think he is being fitted for one either.

My question is, do basketball players really play themselves into shape? I never played organized basketball. I played football, wrestled and ran track. We never played ourselves into shape, we practiced and working out on our own. This is legit question. I’m not trying to add fuel to the fire.
Definitely can play yourself into game shape. Games and even good scrimmages have a different intensity level and even duration of effort.

Long rebounds from shooting threes are easily rebounded by guards who make the attempt.

Some guys are good on the range in golf. Some players are gamers. lets see it happen in the games
He did last and against BC this year. As of yet, he is not fully up to speed.

Think about this. JB is playing his son more minutes per game than
Pearl
Melo
DC
Sherm
Dion
and his 3rd son Gmac.
It’s amazing how some people argue when the math completely backs up your point. There is no way on earth that buddy should be playing more than Carmelo!

He did last and against BC this year. As of yet, he is not fully up to speed.

Thats likely part of it. As is shot selection and shouldering too much of the load.

Same reason GMac’s shooting %’ sucked his senior year.

I don’t think this team needs Buddy to shoulder so much of the load though. There’s other options who can shoot and score. The roles are still being ironed out IMO. At its best this team can be very dangerous.

I’m so sick of the nepotism it makes it hard to be a fan and enjoy the games.

Thats likely part of it. As is shot selection and shouldering too much of the load.

Same reason GMac’s shooting %’ sucked his senior year.

I don’t think this team needs Buddy to shoulder so much of the load though. There’s other options who can shoot and score. The roles are still being ironed out IMO. At its best this team can be very dangerous.
I generally agree that.

You literally ruin debates with this.
No facts.
No support.
Bombastic blubber that does nothing to address the point.
Posts like this are why debating legitimate issues go off the rails.

Buddy is a good player. He isn’t the best player on this team.
If he had LeBron James as his teammate and he was told to stand in the corner and make 3’s maybe he could hit 10 3’s but if he is the lead dog it won’t happen.

The kid is shooting 29% from 3 if he took less shots that would be higher.
CousCuse is 100% correct in his posts on this manner. What we are seeing, and what he is explaining , is similar to playing cupcakes at the beginning of the season. It gets guys playing together, get them used to running plays against opponents other than the practice squads.

Your point is also correct, and had this been a normal season where we haven't had all these interruptions it would be a whole lot more valid. I also wish there was a bit more flexibility in the rotation, but I get why in this point in time there isn't. Again, I don't like it, but I get it.

Buddy's game has improved drastically over the first two years, and there is no reason to believe he won't continue to improve this season and next. Coach has repeatedly said he rewards what he sees in practice, and there can be little doubt Buddy puts in the work every single day, even when paused for Covid. His teammates see this, they know him, and they respect him. You can see it on the court as well.

In short, questions about the coach and his rotation are valid, and there are player buried that shouldn't be based upon what we see in games. We don't however see what happens in practice, we don't see their attitudes, their work ethic, their willingness to be good teammates. It is easy to arm chair quarterback even in basketball where the quarterback position doesn't exist. Every year we as a fan base complain about something with the team, justified or not. We wouldn't be fans if we didn't want perfection and total annihilation of our opponents. But the reality is these are 18- 22 year old kids that are trying to figure out life while playing a sport for a school we all love for different reasons.

Quit bashing others because they have a different point of view, a different opinion than yours. There is no reason you both can't be correct, because every situation has multiple ways it can be handled. You prefer one way, others prefer their own way. Results could vary, but we only see the results of the one chosen to follow. Other ways could be better, they could also turn out much worse. A 64 point second half melt down could have been a 75 point second half meltdown. Or it could have been a 64 point win. It's all conjecture, we will never know. Just because we are frustrated at the results doesn't mean our way would have been any more successful, other than maybe in your own mind to satisfy your own ego.

I wish a reporter would ask Coach why buddy gets more playing time than Carmelo Anthony!

Would any of you like to know the answer to that question?

I’m so sick of the nepotism it makes it hard to be a fan and enjoy the games.
Boeheim's not going anywhere, nor should he, so you may want to find another team to follow or come back in say, 5 seasons, if it is causing you that much emotional distress.

CousCuse is 100% correct in his posts on this manner. What we are seeing, and what he is explaining , is similar to playing cupcakes at the beginning of the season. It gets guys playing together, get them used to running plays against opponents other than the practice squads.

Your point is also correct, and had this been a normal season where we haven't had all these interruptions it would be a whole lot more valid. I also wish there was a bit more flexibility in the rotation, but I get why in this point in time there isn't. Again, I don't like it, but I get it.

Buddy's game has improved drastically over the first two years, and there is no reason to believe he won't continue to improve this season and next. Coach has repeatedly said he rewards what he sees in practice, and there can be little doubt Buddy puts in the work every single day, even when paused for Covid. His teammates see this, they know him, and they respect him. You can see it on the court as well.

In short, questions about the coach and his rotation are valid, and there are player buried that shouldn't be based upon what we see in games. We don't however see what happens in practice, we don't see their attitudes, their work ethic, their willingness to be good teammates. It is easy to arm chair quarterback even in basketball where the quarterback position doesn't exist. Every year we as a fan base complain about something with the team, justified or not. We wouldn't be fans if we didn't want perfection and total annihilation of our opponents. But the reality is these are 18- 22 year old kids that are trying to figure out life while playing a sport for a school we all love for different reasons.

Quit bashing others because they have a different point of view, a different opinion than yours. There is no reason you both can't be correct, because every situation has multiple ways it can be handled. You prefer one way, others prefer their own way. Results could vary, but we only see the results of the one chosen to follow. Other ways could be better, they could also turn out much worse. A 64 point second half melt down could have been a 75 point second half meltdown. Or it could have been a 64 point win. It's all conjecture, we will never know. Just because we are frustrated at the results doesn't mean our way would have been any more successful, other than maybe in your own mind to satisfy your own ego.
I don’t bash opinions. I bash trolling.
I have defended Couscuse and want him to post just give support to the bluster he says.
Sorry but your post completely ignores that and others will back that up.

I never shut up opinions. EVER. Your post ignores that.

The point being about Buddy’s playing time is fair. He plays too much even when he struggles. That can be talked about.

I wish a reporter would ask Coach why buddy gets more playing time than Carmelo Anthony!

Would any of you like to know the answer to that question?

Melo averaged half a minute more to Buddy's junior year. Buddy is averaging 3 more minutes than Andy Rautins got as a senior.

I'm happy for you and your relations that you make a good income, but if it was up to you, wouldn't you want to end forestry? Or is it just other peoples livings that you would snuff out.
Say it in the OT forum. Or are you chicken

I don’t bash opinions. I bash trolling.
I have defended Couscuse and want him to post just give support to the bluster he says.
Sorry but your post completely ignores that and others will back that up.

I never shut up opinions. EVER. Your post ignores that.

The point being about Buddy’s playing time is fair. He plays too much even when he struggles. That can be talked about.
Buddy's playing time has been discuused multiple times in other posts. This post was not about that but how other teammates view his extended time. I am tired of all the thread hijacking because people think differently than the coaching staff and believe their views are more important and relevant. I am quite sure all the kids want to play and wish they all played more, there is also a reason they aren't. We don't know why and it frustrates us. I know it does me.

The bottom line is I don't see any acrimony on the court because Buddy gets more minutes. They don't keep the ball from him, they don't bump him as they run down the court. In fact it is all the opposite. The question as to whether Buddy deserves these minutes is not relevant to the conversation in this thread.

This isn't the hill I'm dying on. If his name was Buddy Jones from J-D do you think he gets the same / similar minutes? End of the day JB always defers to shooters and guys who don't make mistakes. And he's played smaller guys at the 3 historically as well.
If his name was Buddy Jones then I am not sure we offer him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom