The Buddy leash | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The Buddy leash

If his name was Buddy Jones then I am not sure we offer him.

And then a local kid will be averaging 16 ppg at another school and people would be cranky.

In the whole scheme of thing I'd like to see Woody play but seems like there legit reasons why he isn't. He strikes me as the type of guy JB loves.

And then a local kid will be averaging 16 ppg at another school and people would be cranky.

In the whole scheme of thing I'd like to see Woody play but seems like there legit reasons why he isn't. He strikes me as the type of guy JB loves.
I think someone said if you coach your son you want him to be terrible or unquestionably the best player. Anywhere in between can be tricky for everyone.

I think someone said if you coach your son you want him to be terrible or unquestionably the best player. Anywhere in between can be tricky for everyone.

I agree with that.

I looked up Saul Smith at Kentucky - 30 minutes, 6 points per game, and Sean Sutton, 30 minutes and 10 per game. Buddy IMO isn't anywhere near that.

I agree with that.

I looked up Saul Smith at Kentucky - 30 minutes, 6 points per game, and Sean Sutton, 30 minutes and 10 per game. Buddy IMO isn't anywhere near that.
That’s because he’s free to jack 3s as much as he wants.

I agree with that.

If.Buddy played 30MPG he would be fine. Then when we was on give him more and when he is playing poor give him less.

Buddy’s PPG isn’t efficient. He takes the most shots on the team and has the lowest shooting percentage of the guys getting a bulk of the shots.

If.Buddy played 30MPG he would be fine. Then when we was on give him more and when he is playing poor give him less.

Buddy’s PPG isn’t efficient. He takes the most shots on the team and has the lowest shooting percentage of the guys getting a bulk of the shots.

I'd like more Woody (ugh...) but seems that he cannot go. I cannot muster up enough rationale to pair him down with the rest of the available guys. Griff is the better talent but seems more turnover prone, can see why that draws a coach's hook.

In my boredom of looking up former player's minutes Buddy is getting a minute less than Cooney did his junior year with a 3 more in point production.

One question...

we saw a lot of comments now great Griffin, Marek, etc have responded to coach’s comments P, his “doghouse”, etc

If that’s the case...which I don’t necessarily agree with, wouldnt it help if Buddy got the same treatment when he played poorly?

One question...

we saw a lot of comments now great Griffin, Marek, etc have responded to coach’s comments P, his “doghouse”, etc

If that’s the case...which I don’t necessarily agree with, wouldnt it help if Buddy got the same treatment when he played poorly?
0827F1E5-AA58-4888-BCAF-3AC7448B3492.png

That is the point. He doesn’t sit whenever he plays poorly.
10 games 16 FTAs cmon. The kid is a good player we are making one of the features of the offense.

Buddy’s leash is like our dogs’ invisible fence, only I forgot to change the batteries and it’s been like 5 months and they died 2 months ago, and the dogs *just* realized they have zero restraints, so the first deer or squirrel they see, they bolt after it, and then disappear for hours.

And we find out about it when a neighbor from like 10 houses away calls the # on their tags and tells us -
“hey, your dogs are down here, you should come pick them up”.

Kinda like that.

Only with less restraints.

Kadary had a quick 3 fouls today fwiw (I had to listen to the game on the radio so harder to keep up with minutes). JB in the last two press conferences has been pretty effusive with him.
Come on...how many starters has JB ever sat to start a half if they had 3 fouls. And two of Kadary’s fouls were ticky-tack. JB wants Buddy to play 35+. That’s patently obvious.

Buddy is the best 3 point shooter on this team, hands down. When they have 3 point shooting contests in practice Buddy wins them. Every. Single. Time. He is just getting into top form now because of the covid issues. That's why he is playing so much, to get his condition back and his stroke focused. If you were managing a baseball team and your best hitter is in a slump, do you take him out of the lineup? Also, his team mates know that he is an elite 3 point shooter because they see it everyday in practice, so this supposed descension is just made up on this board by the professional Boeheim hating contingent.

sorry, but you’re looking at this through orange colored glasses. JGIII is a better 2 than Buddy. And maybe even a better shooter. For sure though, Kadary is the driver of this bus. We play better on both ends when he’s in the game.

Melo averaged half a minute more to Buddy's junior year. Buddy is averaging 3 more minutes than Andy Rautins got as a senior.
Regular season?

Come on...how many starters has JB ever sat to start a half if they had 3 fouls. And two of Kadary’s fouls were ticky-tack. JB wants Buddy to play 35+. That’s patently obvious.

Never. He did sit Q way too long against Pitt 1.

I agree with that.

Buddy is clearly a good player. If he wasn’t playing 38 minutes even in blowouts where he stunk and the reserve guard played well, there would be nothing to see here.

I was never on the “Buddy plays too much” train the past two years. It’s early, but so far this year...he plays too much.

He could sit more but based on his previous season there is going to be a regression to the mean regarding his shooting. He’s not a career 30% shooter.

I'd like more Woody (ugh...) but seems that he cannot go. I cannot muster up enough rationale to pair him down with the rest of the available guys. Griff is the better talent but seems more turnover prone, can see why that draws a coach's hook.

In my boredom of looking up former player's minutes Buddy is getting a minute less than Cooney did his junior year with a 3 more in point production.
That’s what Chip said!

Not from 3 he doesn't. I know this post was dated but as of right this second, he is the highest % 3 pt shooter on the team. And as what was pointed out by another poster, he is shooting 51% from 3 with Joe not on the floor over the last 8 games. . Or, with Kadray on the floor. Not hard to figure out. 51% is kind of crazy.

Not from 3 he doesn't. I know this post was dated but as of right this second, he is the highest % 3 pt shooter on the team. And as what was pointed out by another poster, he is shooting 51% from 3 with Joe not on the floor over the last 8 games. . Or, with Kadray on the floor. Not hard to figure out. 51% is kind of crazy.

This thread is over a month old. I bumped it today because I told people that he wouldn't continue to shoot this bad. Others doubled down and said he was a 30% shooter then.

every excuse JB has ever used for benching a player during a game could be slapped on buddy any game. and yet he plays. poor shooting seen it, poor defense seen it , bad turnovers seen it , etc.etc.
yet buddy gets the carte blanche. he's untouchable . good or bad he plays. that's gotta bug some players.

name 1 player JB has ever taken out for poor shooting? Poor shot selection yes not poor shooting.

no coach takes out his best shooter when he misses shots, he tells them to shoot more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom