the crane the crane | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I noticed the "Syracuse University Stadium" reference in the renderings CuseLegacy posted above. ;)

Also, the amount of planning in this project is insane. So many little details.

Lastly, can anyone share what the final product will look like? Or at least how it will function?

This is how we roll at Syracuse. Didn't have AC for 40 years...the roof top roller coaster is "so 315"
(as my 716 Rochester wife sez)

BTW, I'm okay with it now...better than just putting another fabric roof on.
Rochester hasn't been 716 since 2001.

Do you think we could get the crane operator to pick up the Pitt team bus and place it on the roof of the VA parking garage or the railroad tracks next to I-81 ;)

Do you think we could get the crane operator to pick up the Pitt team bus and place it on the roof of the VA parking garage or the railroad tracks next to I-81 ;)

I saw the Pitt bus at a certain hotel on carrier circle.

It’s funny how the same issues I face when renovating my little house face a massive university.

“wait it costs how much to move that pipe? Darn what don’t I really need that I was counting on...Honey it’s laminate, sorry.”

Is this the rendering you were thinking about...

sketch-png.141535
Yes it is, I thought I was losing my marbles.

could always wrap the new dome in Paper Mache.. that would create the color and be pretty light until it rains

Not sure about the guy on the upper left, but the guy underneath him looks like he's attached to something.

View attachment 171950
Pete Sala said the installation of the crown truss was going to start in the northwest corner of the dome; the directional side close to the Falk school. If that is true, they are probably even further along in the process than they are here on what appears to be the northeast corner (closest to the Quad).

I can see lots of activity going on around the northwest corner. I am hoping someone can get a picture of what things look like over there. I suspect that will be the corner where we will first see actual pieces of the crown truss start getting put into place. I imagine the southwest corner, the one the camera is trained on, presents more challenges here as it is the corner that has the ticket offices, stadium control and the only large entrance for the building.

From Pete’s earlier comments, it sounds like the southeast corner might be the last to get done. He said they had to build another pad for the big crane that is shown here, currently located in the northeast corner, by the southeast corner so they can do work over there. I assume they can do the work for the southwest corner using Walt and his existing pad. Because of the hill, everything will have to be done higher from the ground, which has to make it harder, and they will have to be mindful of the extra activity in that corner. Makes sense to get the two easiest corners done first and hopefully have the process of building these support mechanisms well established before taking on the toughest (and incidentally most public) corner.

Still no white steel for the crown truss visible in the storage areas surrounding Walt. When that happens, things will really start to get interesting. It has to happen soon if they are going to complete the crown truss by the end of November, which I believe is the goal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom