the crane the crane | Page 188 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

041620.jpg

I tried to draw in the spirals and girders installed since that picture was taken.

Those are in orange.

The 3 spirals and 2 girders left are in blue. At least as I see it.

One last attempt to explain this.

I’m assuming that the truss design is symmetrical, meaning that the girder layout on the South side will be identical to that on the North side.

If you look at this picture of the North side, you’ll see that there is a separate girder between each of the vents along the concrete wall. Since there are still 3 gaps between the two uncovered vents and their neighbors on the South side, it makes sense that there will be 3 more girders. We will see how it unfolds in the next week...

28D3F254-A283-492F-9747-B1BC1EA7BFA0.jpeg

Walt is lifting a red carrier with supplies to the scaffold crew directly across from the LC again. @ 4:16 it was just placed by Walt's op and they are unloading it now.

You can see Walt's hoist line on the opposite side of the girder from us or the LC. And the op did it in a heavy snow squall. I wonder how much a 30 mph gust has on the carrier as opposed to a spiral. Seems like the lighter carrier would be much more susceptible to the wind than the spiral.

Walt now has ( I can't really tell because it's hidden by a spiral a red carrier or something like it on the opposite side from us if you count from the NW side 3 girders in halfway down the spiral

There is also two crew at the base of the inverted arrowhead and one on the walkway directly across from the LC. No idea what they are up to.

Didn't see this red tractor and trailer go in but it looks like the same truck that was delivering the ties - or what ever they are - has just left the building

Usually when the crew packs it in for the day they carry either their lunch or white back pack and that's what some are doing now - looks like the end of another great day for Craniacs at the Dome. However there are still TBL's up along Forestry working on the last girder installed. All retract their booms and park them along side the Dome so it looks like they'll be awhile yet. A crew of five just walked down Forestry presumably on their way home or to be briefed about tomorrow. There is a crew on top of the girder that has the TBL's platform resting on it. The second TBL is on the way down. And all this today occurred through snow squalls at times difficult to see through. Syracuse weather. and the last TBL is on its way down.

Weather for what could be the golden spike day tomorrow or golden nuts and bolts day: :)

4/17

44°Hi

RealFeel® 39°

RealFeel Shade™ 38°

Mostly cloudy and chilly; a passing shower in the afternoon

Max UV Index: 2 Low

Wind: WSW at 10 mph :)

Wind Gusts: 14 mph :)

I agree with tomcat, 3 spirals and 2 girders

Have a great evening Craniacs. :)

P.S. And the last crew of 8 working up Forestry just marched down to get in their trucks and head for home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom