the crane the crane | Page 189 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

If 2 girders is the final answer then final question is can the last 2 girders go up off 1 more spiral ?

which will be last a spiral or a girder?

Ok so if it IS two spirals and two girders... is the intersection of the two girders supported by two diagonal spirals and no verticals? Because if so THAT is what is confusing me.

If so... the two spirals would ahve to be first so the girders would have their ends supported. But would they have to be simultaneous so both of them could be secured to the same two spirals at the junction while they are bolted together?

So many questions I can't WAIT to see this!

I think both spirals have to be up before he final girder can go in is my guess. But could this be the day?

Ok so if it IS two spirals and two girders... is the intersection of the two girders supported by two diagonal spirals and no verticals? Because if so THAT is what is confusing me.
That is correct. On the middle sections of the north and south walls, there are no vertical spirals. They are all diagonal.

That is correct. On the middle sections of the north and south walls, there are no vertical spirals. They are all diagonal.

Thanks. Now I understand.

Also, looks like there is a spiral on the back of the truck just under the gap. The camera gets part of it on the edge.

Yep. They are lifting it off right now.
One spiral already put in place today. Another spiral on the way. My guess that after that, they will put a girder up, then the last spiral, then the last girder.

In theory, it could all happen today in one great final burst of work. I think it is more likely we will get another spiral and a girder up today and have to wait until tomorrow to get the last spiral and girder in place.

Hopefully they have the last spiral and the last 2 girders on site.

Last edited:
I would have to think so. I mean... the end date has been pretty obvious of within a couple days for probably a week. The last 4 pieces should have gotten here a couple days ago at the worst.

The truck that brought the spiral is outta there. Hopefully that was the last truck and everything is out of sight by Skylar.

well both spirals just rolled in at 10am today.. so who knows if girders are around. but its not walt related as the spirals both went to Skylar.

Nice, I didn't see the other one come in!

:rubs hands together:

I think I'll take a field trip up there tomorrow just to take it all in. Its still legal to walk around right?

I think I'll take a field trip up there tomorrow just to take it all in. Its still legal to walk around right?
As long as you are wearing a mask, I believe so...

Have no idea what was just backed into the Dome on a flatbed covered with brown tarp.

Walt just lowered the red carrier with what looks like supplies/tools from up top - can't really see well due to the carrier going almost out of view of the LC.

Up we go again with the red carrier to the second arrowhead from center of the LC view. Went up empty so they must be taking stuff down from the scaffold.

Walt's op is placing the carrier on the far side of the girder on the scaffold so there is no view of what is being loaded and then taken down.

Down again with what looked like white bags the well of the carrier was full.

Have no idea what was just backed into the Dome on a flatbed covered with brown tarp.
I think it was the rolls for the Fall Hot dog season judging by past taste tests

And we have a spiral coming in from the right side of the LC

Skylar after hanging the spiral for 10 minutes has it on the move but the op has it out of view for the moment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom