the crane the crane | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

084D5986-4878-49CB-9495-7BDA31155C1D.jpeg

It looks like they are moving the 2 long tubes on the northeast corner to the big storage area they have in front of the Physics building and Heroy. I saw it go up and around to that area.

First Tube.jpg

Here are some photos of the tubes from up close that I took last night before the basketball game.

It appears the connections/fittings for the longer tube are much more involved, probably because they have more force on them.

IMG_1136.jpg
IMG_1137.jpg
IMG_1138.jpg

One more picture I took from last night. This one was taken near the northwest corner of the dome, near gate C and gate M. This is the area where the most work has been done with the brown temporary steel. I saw this, didn't know what it was and wanted to get a picture to post in hopes someone else would know what it is.

What is this?

IMG_1142.jpg

One more picture I took from last night. This one was taken near the northwest corner of the dome, near gate C and gate M. This is the area where the most work has been done with the brown temporary steel. I saw this, didn't know what it was and wanted to get a picture to post in hopes someone else would know what it is.

What is this?

View attachment 172586

Is it anything more than pieces holding the “cables” together?

From that angle, it almost looks like they are placing them on top of the roof. But I don't think they are. They are going into that big storage area between the dome and Heroy, are they not?

i don’t know where they are going.

I think maybe they are going onto the roof. Here’s a couple pics and the white tube was not seen going past and below the “lip” at the top of the dome.

F756E09D-B0BF-43B3-BB68-2B5BA1C7FD82.jpeg

28932240-DCFA-4EE4-A7BD-F115F8453EAA.jpeg

Does the smaller crane have a name? My wife insists on calling it Willy...
(I don’t make this sheet up...)

Ok. I just confirmed that things are being moved to the ground on the north side.

This is a nice picture. Seeing all those holes in this box thing, presumably for bolts, makes me think this is not something temporary. Plus the fact it is whote and has a really nice paint finish on it.

If you look closely at the pictures provided to date of the crown truss roof, the top rink is clearly not tube based. It is made out of rectangles.

Further, if you look at the supports for the roller coast made of rectangle shaped pieces, they look like they might be tubular.

Could it be that these tubes are the supports and the rectangle shaped pieces are the top rink? Look at the one tube with the rectangle stuck at its end.

I think so. I think the rectangle pieces are going to be fitted together up top.

Thoughts?

dome-exterior-taggedinstory1.jpg

What is this?

View attachment 172586
Those are the new steps leading to the third concourse that you always wanted.

Most work is going on in the other side. Just because there’s not a cam on that side doesn’t mean nothing is going on. Except for a couple windy days and when they have an event at the dome, they’ve been doing work every day.

View attachment 172578
Hey, Bees!
Can you just hang out there most days and stream what’s going on? ;)

What is this?

View attachment 172586
Probably some sort of bolted counterweight that will hold the support columns in place so they don't collapse inwards while they complete the compression ring.

Probably some sort of bolted counterweight that will hold the support columns in place so they don't collapse inwards while they complete the compression ring.
If bad things come in threes, we have the football disaster, the basketball disaster... all this construction has me fearing #3. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom