the crane the crane | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

i thought they said the old roof was coming down and then some smaller cranes going inside to help with the new roof?

i thought they said the old roof was coming down and then some smaller cranes going inside to help with the new roof?
I thought the smaller cranes were going to be brought inside the facility later to help take down the old fabric roof, once the new roof has been completed.

I thought the smaller cranes were going to be brought inside the facility later to help take down the old fabric roof, once the new roof has been completed.

yes

nada going on in back. Looks like both cranes are being used in front.
Thor's Hammer is being lowered into place as the first piece of the crown truss right now! Near Falk!

This is huge! Literally!

Dome 111419 Thors Hammer 2.jpg

you can see how it will take shape. It'll be interesting to see how they temporarily tie everything together so it stays in place.

its almost like Groot on GOTG.. nothing is gonna happen while we actually have it streamed.. once we all turn it off it will go boom.

They appear to have it set in place and lashed in place on at least one side.

These things are really heavy and look pretty vulnerable right now. Let's hope for no wind or bad weather for a while to make it easier to get this done.

Dome 11142019 Thor 3.jpg

wont be able to see that. Old roof is coming down from inside the dome after the new roof is in place over the top of it.
We’ve already requested an interior Dome cam. Come on Pete!

Looks like they are going to use Walt to help hold the first one in place at least for the night.

The size of the crown truss is going to be a lot bigger than I envisioned looking at the drawings. I think I am going to like it a lot more than I thought I was...

I can’t believe how big the square shaped upper ring pieces are. Walking up the other night and seeing them in real life put a different perspective on them.

now I get the brown brackets. The truss piece is connected by cable to hold it up.

Looks like they are going to use Walt to help hold the first one in place at least for the night.

The size of the crown truss is going to be a lot bigger than I envisioned looking at the drawings. I think I am going to like it a lot more than I thought I was...
I think its going to look awesome. The ring truss is massive.

how did i ever get anything done at work all these years without things to stream all day long

the crew, or at least some of them are working in Walt's yard today. It's almost 2 P.M. on a Sunday and the white crane has been moving thing things around. I can't tell exactly what they're up to due to the sun and shadow but some prep has to be done today for tomorrow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom