the crane the crane | Page 196 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

On the other hand maybe that's what's holding things up. While we are waiting, Sala is prompting the media to get in on coverage of this and talking to Hayner to find out when the Golden Girder would be ready for them to cover everything. Perhaps it's taking longer than expected - at least I would hope that's the case.

While we wait there's one busy little forklift taking white bags of trash out of the overhead and piling it near one of the dumpsters as it has been doing all last week. Theyempty the bags save them and start all over again - lots of stuff to get rid of.

TBL's on both sides of the fixture thing - let's get this done!

Is there a structural purpose for the roller coaster look versus a level ring or is that aesthetic?

Is there a structural purpose for the roller coaster look versus a level ring or is that aesthetic?
I think because the dome footprint is more of a rectangle than a square so a level ring would be weaker. But don't quote me on that haha

Of course,I can see the four points exactly fitting from the LC.

That is the largest template fixture I ever saw.

Last edited:
Now the surveyors , engineers and project director can make a decision on what they see good to go or minor
adjustments.

spacer.png

Now the surveyors , engineers and project director can make a decision on what they see good to go or minor
adjustments.
OttoMets said the black thing that was just put on the truss is designed to push the girders away from each other temporarily so there is room to get the golden girder in.

His info has consistently been good. I believe him. They used the same device to bridge the gap and complete the truss on the north wall.

I believe it took a long time to get it properly attached and to get the spacing right so the last girder can go it. Given it is almost quitting time, I think it likely the crown truss will have to wait until tomorrow to get done. They can't even remove Skylar until the fixture is fully set in place.

Can you imagine the forces involved to move those girders even a quarter of an inch? Can you imagine the pressure on the person making these adjustments? What happens if they get too aggressive and crack one of the girders?

This has to be a scary time for everyone involved in the project. So close but so far.

Yes, scary for everyone. But I had my zoom installed last night knowing this was happening today and I can see everything - it's going to be a perfect fit for the Golden Girder! ;)

OttoMets said the black thing that was just put on the truss is designed to push the girders away from each other temporarily so there is room to get the golden girder in.

His info has consistently been good. I believe him. They used the same device to bridge the gap and complete the truss on the north wall.

I believe it took a long time to get it properly attached and to get the spacing right so the last girder can go it. Given it is almost quitting time, I think it likely the crown truss will have to wait until tomorrow to get done. They can't even remove Skylar until the fixture is fully set in place.

Can you imagine the forces involved to move those girders even a quarter of an inch? Can you imagine the pressure on the person making these adjustments? What happens if they get too aggressive and crack one of the girders?

This has to be a scary time for everyone involved in the project. So close but so far.
That sounds like a scary meta-stable state to leave things in overnight. What happens if something comes up and you need to tear it all down ASAFP? I would keep everyone going on the clock until that final piece is in and the system is stable. Fire up the floodlights.